Neo's 40 Team Alternate Universe NHL (Charlotte Checkers)

neo_prankster

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id love to see this more 90’s. Throw in some black. Maybe try replace the light blue with the royal blue and replace the royal blue with black. I’d also get rid of the forehead star, it removes the impact of the eyes being stars if there’s a giant pointless star on the forehead.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I'd have to agree with QCS; I think the AHL Checkers' logo would feel a little more in-line with the NHL's designs of the era. The Aeros, though, I think are fine; though I wouldn't mind seeing them in the WHA colors if you decide to do jersey revamps over time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 8:13 PM, QCS said:

I love everything except the logo. I know it's the classic one that the team used, but it doesn't fit within the NHL itself. Same goes with the Aeros, honestly.

Right, they're both too on-the-nose to be NHL logos. An NHL Charlotte Checkers would be something like an interlocking CC with a checkerboard pattern, not an aggrieved bear.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/22/2020 at 4:03 PM, ClevelandBaronsNHLfan said:

Yet a penguin with a hockey stick is an nhl logo. 

Most of the logos of expansion teams from the era Charlotte's supposed to be expanded in this universe are relatively grounded. The most cartoony logo in the list is the Ducks, which makes sense since...well, Disney. But stuff like the Cougars are more professionally-oriented and less goofy.

And the Pens had been using the skating logo since the 70's at that point, so it was definitely an NHL logo.

On 2/24/2020 at 12:26 AM, the admiral said:

An NHL Charlotte Checkers would be something like an interlocking CC with a checkerboard pattern, not an aggrieved bear.

I mean, this is a team expanding in 97-98. Aggro animal logos were common during that period, but cartoony ones decidedly were not. The AHL Checkers' logo fits in well with the aesthetic of the late 90's, the IHL one...doesn't, really.

1 hour ago, RJ Ciancio said:

I'm loving this

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Most of the logos of expansion teams from the era Charlotte's supposed to be expanded in this universe are relatively grounded. The most cartoony logo in the list is the Ducks, which makes sense since...well, Disney. But stuff like the Cougars are more professionally-oriented and less goofy.

And the Pens had been using the skating logo since the 70's at that point, so it was definitely an NHL logo.

I mean, this is a team expanding in 97-98. Aggro animal logos were common during that period, but cartoony ones decidedly were not. The AHL Checkers' logo fits in well with the aesthetic of the late 90's, the IHL one...doesn't, really.

I appreciate the comments, but this series is discontinued.

Here is my new USFL series:

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/122798-from-the-us-to-the-world-philadelphia-stars-unveiled/

Archived