Downloading logos

6 hours ago, CheshireCat303 said:

Hi,

is there a reason why I can download NFL but no NCAA logos. Some kind of legal stuff going on here?

First I’ve seen of that. I’m sure there are other sites where you can download college logos though. 

I don't know any of the specifics, but I wouldn't be surprised if making them un-downloadable was a compromise reached to keep NCAA logos up on the site. I know other leagues have contacted Chris in the past and demanded (and not settled for anything less than) taking all their logos off the site.

1 hour ago, officeglenn said:

I don't know any of the specifics, but I wouldn't be surprised if making them un-downloadable was a compromise reached to keep NCAA logos up on the site. I know other leagues have contacted Chris in the past and demanded (and not settled for anything less than) taking all their logos off the site.

I’ve always hated that the Premier League pulled that crap. I completely get why Chris wouldn’t want to go to court against a billion dollar entity, but they completely lacked grounds to do this. The mothership is about as perfect example of fair use as it gets.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived