NFL Concepts by 8BW14: Cardinals…had to do it

8BW14

On 6/20/2022 at 9:52 AM, shadyloaf said:

Love what you did with NOLA! I feel like the black helmet needs some striping, though not the travesty they just revealed. Also, on the alt, the gold stripe isn't coming through on the collar, if it's there.

It’s there but I actually got in a hurry and didn’t finish the back collar. Thanks for pointing that out

• 9 months later...

A year later I be got couple tweaks for your viewing pleasure.  Starting with the Jaguars, I cleaned up the spots and ditched the lighter gold shade in the logo. The uniforms are largely the same, save for the addition of the logo on the pants and an outline on the numbers. I really like the simple contemporary look the Jags have, but I think my tweaks take it over the top.

spacer.png

Next up in Big Cat Country is the Detroit Lions.  Obviously the colors are great, and I like the meat of their uniforms but the double gray is muddy and the italic numbers aren’t substantial enough for a football uniform. I added some white into the stripes, ditched the white pants and the gray alt. I don’t really love the blue pants but I kept them around because most people around here seem to like them. I took a chance in the alternate, with a muscle car/racing theme. 
spacer.png

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for having a look!

• Like 4

• 8BW14 changed the title to NFL Concepts by 8BW14: Big Cat Tweaks: Lions & Jags

Not bad, I like where you're going with these. A couple suggestions: 

1. Jacksonville - Use more gold. I would definitely use it as an accent color on the jersey collars and sleeve stripes. Maybe even in the number outlines. Gold contrasts nicely with the black and really makes those colors pop. 

2. Detroit - Don't use so much black in the alternates. The racing stripes + muscle car style numbers are a great idea, and there's definitely a way to incorporate those... I just don't think using black as a tertiary color is the solution. They already tried that in their previous gen uniforms and it didn't work.

If anything, keep that number style on the helmets. But the jerseys themselves should be primarily blue and silver IMO.

Good work overall on this series!

• Like 4

@mahnkej Thanks for the feedback. this is kinda the look I was going for with the “city” style muscle car alt:

spacer.png

This style of racing number is almost always black. That was my rationale for black in the alternate. I was designing it as a sort of Lions adjacent uniform, not necessarily in line with the primary brand. Maybe I need to go in another direction? I just didn’t want to retread a throwback or icky gray jersey.

As for the Jaguars, I messed around with gold trim on the jerseys/pants but I never came up with something I was happy with. I just don’t like the look when teal touches gold. I’ll mess around with it a little bit more.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Doing my duty as a member here and posting my “fix” of the Cardinals new uniforms. I should be working but I spent the morning throwing this together. 
Top 5 issues (in no particular order) with Arizona’s new uniforms:

duct tape silver…WTF

plain red pants

huge ARIZONA

Black uniform

Monochrome primary uni combos

I did update the logo a little bit, just because. Silver trim is replaced with a “desert Cardinal” warm gray color. If they were gonna add a color I think this makes more sense than shiny duct tape silver. All of the pants have double stripes now as well. The biggest leap is the gray alternate with the oversized feather tuft graphic. Black is boring and played out so I stepped outside the box a little bit with the gray alternate. I’d love to get your thoughts. Thanks for having a look.

spacer.png

• Like 4

• 8BW14 changed the title to NFL Concepts by 8BW14: Cardinals…had to do it

Panthers..... Home -  black helmet,  black jersey,  blue pants,  black/white socks

Away - black helmet,  white jersey,  blue pants,  black/white socks

They already have all these elements, just combining them the right way.