NFL Concepts by 8BW14: Cardinals…had to do it

8BW14

Got a couple new ones today. The first one is the Seattle Seahawks. I think their current uniforms are starting to look a bit dated so I whipped up a new set:

spacer.png

mono-blue remains the primary home uniform and I kept the number font around, minus the outline. Obviously the striping is based on the logo and the pant stripe only wraps around one leg. It’s a little out there but thats kinda Seattle’s MO at this point.

I’ve also got a concept for the Washington Football team too. I kept the basic look of the logos, but went even simpler, more classic-football.

spacer.png

I didn’t want to do too much because Washington has worn pretty much the same thing for a long time and I think they have even built some equity into the WFT brand in the last two years. The only real departure from the classic uniforms is the addition of the double stripe to the helmet. The leather helmet returns for the alternate uniform with the W on the sleeves.

Let me know what you think. Feedback is always welcome

• Like 2

• 8BW14 changed the title to NFL Concepts by 8BW14: Seahawks and Washington
On 2/1/2021 at 10:30 AM, 8BW14 said:

Second attempt at updating Washington: this time I went with the Redwolves nickname that’s been floated around. I actually think it makes a lot of sense, so I thought I’d whip up a logo/uniform concept 

spacer.png
The look stays pretty true to what the team has traditionally worn, with some minor tweaks. I don’t think I love the yellow jersey, but I wanted to stay away from black and throwbacks are probably off-limits. I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts on the Redwolves and Bengals. Thanks again for taking the time to have a look.

Well... so much for this... :( 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Got something new today. I put this together during a couple slow days at work last week. Pretty much everything is new for the Ravens except for the primary colors. I combined the raven and shield into one logo and added a new B logo. 
spacer.png

The helmet finish is meant to be a black helmet with purple/black metallic iridescent. The iridescence is also featured in the number outlines. The number font is new, but similar and less cutesy, IMO. Stripes are based on the checked pattern in the Maryland flag.

I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts on the new logos/uniforms. Thanks for taking a look.

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

• 8BW14 changed the title to NFL Concepts by 8BW14: Baltimore Ravens

Presenting the Carolina Panthers:

I think the Panthers got it right the first time and the changes they’ve made over the years have only been for the worse. The new logo stinks and the jersey cuts butcher the sleeve stripes and tv  numbers. My solution to those issues was to move the stripes lower down onto the sleeve side of the shoulder seam and do a little cleanup of the original logo. I updated the number font and changed them to silver, ditched the wacky helmet stripes and fixed the pants stripe. 
spacer.png

Let me know what you think and thanks for having a look

• Like 3

• 8BW14 changed the title to NFL Concepts by 8BW14: Carolina Panthers

I'm a pretty big fan of what u did for Baltimore and Carolina, my only grips about Baltimore is that the black and purple can be a little hard to make out, but I think that's cuz both are dark colors. What u did for the Panthers really looks like what they couldve done in their rebrand, keep true to their history, but name it modern. Nice work. 

• Like 1

Here’s an update to the Ravens’ purple for some better contrast against the black. I think it is an improvement

spacer.png

Also I’ve got a Titans concept which keeps the meat of their original uniforms but with some updated details. The biggest changes are new logos and some sword themed stripes on the pants and shoulders, new number font as well. 
spacer.png

I’d love to hear your thoughts on the Ravens’ new purple and and the new look for the Titans. Thanks again for having a look

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 8BW14 changed the title to NFL Concepts by 8BW14: Panthers and Titans

Don't like keeping the silver for the Panthers, really don't like not having white pants. White over white has been our road combo since we started so getting rid of it is a miss for me. The logo update is really, really nice. I'd like to see silver eliminated completely from the color scheme, and especially see white numbers on the black and blue jerseys. A helmet stripe would be really nice as well. Black socks are also superfluous here, blue is the only pair we need. I go back and forth on the number font - I don't like changing the block, but this one fits well enough I feel. I just think the scheme isn't vibrant enough with all the dull silver. More white would be greatly appreciated.

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, QCS said:

Don't like keeping the silver for the Panthers, really don't like not having white pants. White over white has been our road combo since we started so getting rid of it is a miss for me. The logo update is really, really nice. I'd like to see silver eliminated completely from the color scheme, and especially see white numbers on the black and blue jerseys. A helmet stripe would be really nice as well. Black socks are also superfluous here, blue is the only pair we need. I go back and forth on the number font - I don't like changing the block, but this one fits well enough I feel. I just think the scheme isn't vibrant enough with all the dull silver. More white would be greatly appreciated.

Appreciate the feedback. I’ll be honest, I’ve never seen a Panthers concept that swaps silver for white that I’ve liked. I just don’t  like it. I think it could work with a black or blue helmet but I don’t think the logo works very well on either of those shells.

IMO, the white pants look fine, but they’re unnecessary when they have a perfectly serviceable pair of silver pants to wear with the silver helmets. I really only included the black pants for a second option and I think they’re a better second option than the white. I think teams with silver/gold helmets really only need one pair of matching pants. I went back and forth on the number font and color on the black and blue jerseys. It’s really just change for the sake of change and I could easily be convinced to keep the white numbers

• Like 1

I was getting a little burn out on churning out uniforms tweaks, so I though I’d post a couple ideas for a potential St. Louis expansion team. Pretty much everything is open to change. I really had a hard time coming up with names and color schemes and I’m not super happy with either for both teams so if anybody has any suggestions, I’d be happy to hear them.

spacer.png

The Kings crown is based on the crown of the Apotheosis of STL and the wolves logo is recycled, with some tweaks, from a previous Washington concept.

This is pretty much just an exercise in creativity, no idea if/when the NFL would expand to STL again. let me know what you think, thanks.

• Like 1

• 8BW14 changed the title to NFL Concepts by 8BW14: STL Expansion Ideas
3 minutes ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Maybe lean into Red Wolves, since Washington didn't?

Also, if you're gonna add a team, why not make three more to keep things smooth at 36?

Honestly, I wouldn’t expand the NFL at all. I was thinking about St. Louis at the time I was bored with fixing 49ers stripes, so I put these ideas together. 

• 3 months later...
  • 8BW14 changed the title to NFL Concepts by 8BW14: Bills, Saints, 49ers

The Steelers don’t really need a ton of work, so this is really more of a tweak than anything. The biggest changes are the alternate uniform and the new logo. 
spacer.png

As always, let me know what you think and thanks for having a look.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

• 8BW14 changed the title to NFL Concepts by 8BW14: Steelers, Bills, Saints, 49ers