2021 NHL Stadium Series

JJ Anderes

With pretty much everything getting cancelled nowadays, I finally have some time on my hands.

For this project I drew inspiration for both Carolina and Tampa Bay from football uniforms from nearby colleges. The logos themselves are also letter-based, as is the case with most college teams.

SS2021-LOGOS.png

SS2021-CAR.png

SS2021-TBL.png

SS2021-INSPIRATION.png

So, I take that this will be At Tropicana Field? Or Hard Rock Stadium? Or Bank Of America Field?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

1 hour ago, Blindsay said:

So, I take that this will be At Tropicana Field? Or Hard Rock Stadium? Or Bank Of America Field?

Gonna guess you didn't get the memo.

I like the jerseys, but I don't think the collegiate style with the number on the front works for both teams. I think that style should be limited to one of the two teams.

Also, if we're basing these jerseys off of their collegiate counterparts, the Lightning look an awful lot like the US Air Force in Colorado Springs.

I don't hate it.

But I don't think that we'll see that happen.  The Canes smartly have tried to downplay their relationship with NC State over the years, mainly because of the close proximity of Duke and UNC.  This is smart, because that franchise has ended up being the one thing that all those fans can end up cheering for together during the sports calendar, and by having a uniform set that so closely ties with State would not go over well at all.

I'm very curious on what we do with this one.  I really like the logo you have with the H and 2 flags.  If we hadn't already done the C with 2 flags logo, I could easily see something like that being a major secondary mark.

Also, that TB jersey is giving me big time Air Force Academy vibes, and not USF.

Archived