NFL 2020 Onwards: An Alternate History concept thread

heavybass

This is a bit of fiction I've always wanted to do which you can follow here.

However this will be the concept thread and how a simple idea of updating uniforms in the NFL turned into this project:

Starting things off with the NFC East. ((Expect no major change here for now))

DALLAS COWBOYS
ACtC-3dGz-X9aRWltrIyqluNNZq_tcLaIt-02Qf5

ACtC-3eD5IA4mNBfv7QZolivr4VqJ4LfnuV3Y6sh

ACtC-3f5v7uDSoV9qw1XGNSdzTB_pmLb4Jje5ZYq

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

ACtC-3cHvhZtKSBn68xbwu1f_AKiMTEbBkHpxmdF

ACtC-3cbIqIl7Rmgsw1N5CNXxFOj4hSenT38UpRV

ACtC-3duis5Cf8LU8iKgjEEjx-khd9YoZn5TEnyT

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

ACtC-3eAKOBgnjDHWdXpXMa29qs6_03zk55ZdHbj

ACtC-3fgpJxMXHgnDJ1o6TXAJu3_fZX4j4awfdjc

ACtC-3cPhXaOEfQMw5wIicRAD59T7OpdQ9HZixpH

NEW YORK GIANTS

ACtC-3eOohBIr_jcssJrTrzwGOLvC7UbNDhyWds_

ACtC-3ceZtrvyC8P90vJl9TeWigBgYf-xoGQbmn7

ACtC-3dWghiqHMxMnKKAiyM3aOSwgDSjxpa7xRI6

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice template! Where'd you get it? LOL

But fr tho, I like that bears set a lot better. a few things I would change, though.

-One thing I noticed is that the bears logo is flipped? I mean it's a C, so IDK if that's a great idea.

-The numbers, while good, don't really work with the Bears' logo, which is a curvy wishbone C. I personally think the current numbers would work better (you can find them online) but that's just me.

- The striping, although it feels like change for its own sake, isn't bad! I like it and think that you could do a lot with it. I'd personally evenly space it out, like this.

zazFZvi.png

I think your current striping is fine, though, and I like it. Solid job!

EDIT: I like the orange pants, too.

2 hours ago, heavybass said:

Changes have been made plus a small warning, any concept posted here will be made before Htown gave me the template he made.

I would go back and update to the template, you're working on an alternate history, if your starting in 2020 it should be an accurate replication of 2020, nobody is rushing you to make these, take your time, put some quality into your work and take in the C&C given. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Why blue pants? I don't think every team needs 3 pairs of pants it becomes an unnecessary mess of combinations at that point, look at the Jags. Also, pretty sure H-town mentioned this before but I recommend turning the stripes like the template wants them to turn. The stripes look awkward when you don't. The sizing of a few things is also weird, the helmet logos are abnormally large, the numbers on the back are small and striping in general is very small. Look at @canzman's use of the template here, I think it would look better if you matched their use of the templaye

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119568-2019-nfl-season-week-by-week-uniform-match-up-combos-from-hof-game-to-super-bowl-liv/page/82/?tab=comments#comment-3063163

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I'm now realizing that most of the uniforms in that thread aren't available, so that's my bad. But you still didn't fix the problem. 

On 5/10/2020 at 9:43 PM, Htown1141 said:

zazFZvi.png

This is what i meant, see how the stripes curve with the template, that's how the template is made and I think the concepts would look better if you took the extra five seconds to do it. I would also highly consider downloading a better font, that player name is blurry, stretched and rough looking. And in general you've used the same 4 fonts for every concept I've ever seen you make so I think it would just be a good idea to download a couple more, you can get them on a bunch of websites for free. I'm sure you could find specific fonts for a lot of teams too, like the Bears. I'll also repeat my point that if you're trying to be representative of this year, the Giants don't currently have blue pants, so drop them, much like the orange pants for the Bears and the unrealistic amount of pant and uniform combinations you've made.

3YCQJRO.png

8 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I'm now realizing that most of the uniforms in that thread aren't available, so that's my bad. But you still didn't fix the problem. 

This is what i meant, see how the stripes curve with the template, that's how the template is made and I think the concepts would look better if you took the extra five seconds to do it. I would also highly consider downloading a better font, that player name is blurry, stretched and rough looking. And in general you've used the same 4 fonts for every concept I've ever seen you make so I think it would just be a good idea to download a couple more, you can get them on a bunch of websites for free. I'm sure you could find specific fonts for a lot of teams too, like the Bears. I'll also repeat my point that if you're trying to be representative of this year, the Giants don't currently have blue pants, so drop them, much like the orange pants for the Bears and the unrealistic amount of pant and uniform combinations you've made.

This is actually really difficult to do in paint (I don't really know what he's using this template in but I designed it so that it was Paint friendly. If he' using GIMP [WHICH HE SHOULD TOTALLY DO IF HE ISN'T ALREADY] It would be so much easier to do the things he wants to do, but from what I can tell it seems like Paint). I could certainly try to create a bunch of tiny stripes, each like 2 pixels or whatever, and then you would have to painstakingly fill them in. I mean we all get the general gist of the concept here.

As for the Giants, I'm really afraid of monochrome with those blue pants, but otherwise it looks pretty much like the giants. Once again, it would be hard to do in Paint so I seriously suggest getting gimp, but outline the numbers on the throwback in red. Also, fix the back collar on the throwback, as it only has 2 stripes instead of three. Not any problems with this set, keep it up!!

It's been a few days, I figured I drop this down since everyone's doing it.

ACtC-3fbxu0OY44E2xsivTzD7q-gfIcLYcwu_AcN

ACtC-3fAhbz5GNE7K0F1IcT3EtGUODNorUf6F67N

ACtC-3cVcYmk5oZTXzAjwPgqjHyhQL8SE0qYd6wQ

Since the team decided not to go with an alt, I figured I would try and guess 2021's alt and then since I knew they weren't going to go with the St Louis look... I figured I would go with their late 80's early 90's look they made before they moved... except with the now botched segmented horn.

I like that you brought 5 stripes back to the Packers, but the way you executed it just doesn't work for the road jersey, IMO.  I think the Packers road uniforms have too little green as it is.

7 hours ago, NicDB said:

I like that you brought 5 stripes back to the Packers, but the way you executed it just doesn't work for the road jersey, IMO.  I think the Packers road uniforms have too little green as it is.

I can't do much at the moment because it is the current season's look but it may get changed.

Archived