Hockey Sigs for Everyone

Nick 1733

Okay, here's how you make your own

1) Take Sig Foundation (there are now three different versions)

Version A

foundation-hk3.gif

Version B

foundation-hk2.gif

Version C

foundation-hk.gif

2) Take the team logo & shrink down to 40 pixels in height or 70 pixels in width, whichever makes it smaller. Repeat on opposite side. And place them in the center of the circles.

3) Add Ice Texture over it at 40% opacity.

iceforsig2.gif

4) Add Scoreboard.

hockeynumbers.gif

If you would like me to make you one, let me know.

EDIT-Fixed Everything.

Here's the Avalanche/Red Wings one I did

RedWings-Avalanche2.gif

A suggestion I might make is to make the circles thinner and less intensely blue, so they look more like faceoff circles. Maybe even add hash marks.

Oh, and checker the red line. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

...and you may only require one number space per side. I don't remember the last time a team scored 10 times in a game, so it's probably not necessary. That way, we can get to see more of that awesome ice effect. :D

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

...and you may only require one number space per side. I don't remember the last time a team scored 10 times in a game, so it's probably not necessary. That way, we can get to see more of that awesome ice effect. :D

I don't know about any other team but the last time the Red Wings were involved in a game with double-digit scoring was December 2, 1995, the 11-1 win over Montreal that resulted in Patrick Roy demanding a trade.

That looks a lot like ice cubes... hockey ice is all skate marks on clear ice (ie. not blue).

Also, I think what he meant by checked red line is alternating red and white sections of the line, not a checkerboard pattern. Like-a so

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

if you imagine the "=" as being red and the "-" as being white... of course there's a thin red outline on the whole thing to make it a continuous line.

Good job thus far!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The new red line is better, but make each individual red block about 4 of the colour blocks you have now, and the white ones 3 of the of the blocks you have now... I think that'd be right.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The new red line is better, but make each individual red block about 4 of the colour blocks you have now, and the white ones 3 of the of the blocks you have now... I think that'd be right.

My comments were directed at this latest version.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

My comments were directed at this latest version.

I did, I made each red block 5px and each white one 3px.

I think what he's saying is to try making the red ones about 20px and the white ones 12-16px, to get a better feeling for how red lines are really laid out.

POTD 2013-08-22

Well that's a tough call SyPhi, since each team uses a different pattern (or at least, they're allowd to, I believe). For example, Tampa's red line is solid red with lightning bolts cut out of the center.

Maybe I'm wrong and they're a special exception?

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Well that's a tough call SyPhi, since each team uses a different pattern (or at least, they're allowd to, I believe). For example, Tampa's red line is solid red with lightning bolts cut out of the center.

Maybe I'm wrong and they're a special exception?

I think you're right because I've seen teams use that first "checkerboard" type center line that I had on there to begin with.

Yeah, many teams use different patterns, like stripes, etc. The one Sy was describing used to be (and still is) a very common version.

POTD 2013-08-22

Archived