NBA Uniforms | Houston Rockets (1/22)

jb1322

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Knicks are located in New York City, a hub of diversity and culture with some of the most excitement and opportunity in the entire country. The triangle logo that says Knicks is far too bland to represent such a vibrant city. The new logo actually features a glimpse of the New York skyline and keeps the triangle. The Knicks need to represent the culture of New York City and its people. The simple, regal look of the primary uniforms can be attributed to the professionalism this team strives for. It is similar to the Knicks original jerseys dating back to the creation of the team where the shorts had belt buckles on them. The statement jersey is bolder, featuring the New York skyline running down the side panels. It keeps that same simple look while tying the identity closer to the city. The showtime edition honors the NYFD, with a small “NYK” wordmark on the top portion of the emblem.  The community edition honors the Statue of Liberty while delivering a hint of influence from the Knick’s WNBA counterpart, the NY Liberty. The collar features a pattern similar to the crown of the Statue of Liberty. The legacy edition modernizes the classic 90’s uniform where black was integrated into the color scheme. The legacy edition features a richer orange and more vibrant blue. C+C always appreciated.

RgjAyi9.png

Uw8A2r0.png

TI0Jdxu.png

UK2WUey.png

mjVYDa9.png

h7pbjA7.png

FVuzXr9.png

• jb1322 changed the title to NBA Concepts | New York Knicks (8/14/21)
On 10/15/2020 at 1:54 PM, jb1322 said:

Hi there,

I am a college student with a vision of an NBA without generic or ugly uniforms. I want each team to have an identity and a strong brand that defines them. Each team will be equipped with six uniforms. 

Each team will have: 

1. Association-HOME.standard white jersey. Nike logo.  

2. Icon-AWAY.team's primary, iconic color. Jumpman logo.   

3. Statement-HOME ALTERNATE. team's secondary color. Jumpman logo. Home alternate jersey.  

4. Showtime-AWAY ALTERNATE. Each team will be issued a black jersey for late night prime time games (ex. 76ers go play the Lakers at a 10:30 EST game). Nike logo.  

5. Community-ALTERNATE. basically an experimental jersey that fills the role of the city jersey. Nike logo. Alternate that can be worn either home or away.  This uni will always feature the location name.

6. Legacy-PLAYOFF EARNED ALTERNATE. Every team that makes playoff qualifies for these unis. Embroidered chrome nike logo.  This uni will always feature the team's name. 

COMPLETED SETS

1. Orlando Magic
  2. Indiana Pacers
  3. Oklahoma City Thunder
    1. Legacy Edition
  4. New Orleans Pelicans
  5. Portland Trail Blazers
  6. Milwaukee Bucks
  7. Toronto Raptors
  8. Washington Wizards
  9. Brooklyn Nets
  10. Detroit Pistons
  11. Philadelphia 76ers
  12. San Antonio Spurs
  13. Cleveland Cavaliers
  14. Phoenix Suns
  15. Miami Heat
  16. Sacramento Kings
  17. Minnesota Timberwolves
  18. Charlotte Hornets
  19. Los Angeles Lakers
  20. Los Angeles Clippers
  21. Utah Jazz
  22. Dallas Mavericks
  23. New York Knicks

OLD:

Completed Sets on Old Templates [Outdated]:

1. Phoenix Suns 
    1. UPDATE: Suns V2
  2. Golden State Warriors 
  3. Toronto Raptors 
  4. Houston Rockets
  5.  Atlanta Hawks
  6.  New York Knicks 
  7. Oklahoma City Thunder 
  8. Philadelphia 76ers 
  9. Los Angeles Lakers 
  10. Los Angeles Clippers 
  11. Orlando Magic 
  12. Miami Heat
  13. New Orleans Pelicans
  14. Washington Wizards
  15. Brooklyn Nets
  16. Dallas Mavericks
  17. Minnesota Timberwolves
  18. Portland Trail Blazers
  19. Boston Celtics
  20. Cleveland Cavaliers
  21. Detroit Pistons
  22. Memphis Grizzlies
  23. Charlotte Hornets
  24. San Antonio Spurs
  25. Utah Jazz
  26. Chicago Bulls
  27. Sacramento Kings

Where did you get the templates to make these?

• 2 months later...

I will be revamping this concept series with a new template coming soon. I plan on eliminating the showtime edition and retooling the series. My plan is to follow NBA set, which is Association, Icon, Statement, City, and Earned. 

• jb1322 changed the title to NBA 2021/2022 Concepts by jb1322
On 10/25/2021 at 7:48 PM, jb1322 said:

I will be revamping this concept series with a new template coming soon. I plan on eliminating the showtime edition and retooling the series. My plan is to follow NBA set, which is Association, Icon, Statement, City, and Earned. 

Personally I really enjoy the showtime edition uniforms. Ultimately, it’s your series though :)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Atlanta Hawks

While I do like Hawks the recent rebrand, I felt that it oversimplified the brand after the mess that was the triangle pattern era. Ever since the Hawk’s “Peachtree” uni was unveiled, I knew I wanted to implement peach into the color scheme as it is unique. The primary uni’s feature a wing pattern on the sides. The statement uni features the return of the triangle pattern with an “ATL” wordmark. The community edition is inspired by the 1996 Centennial Olympics which took place in Atlanta. The legacy edition is inspired by the Mutombo era.

Association Edition:

fn5fdqS.png

Icon Edition:

bnVyVdN.png

Statement Edition:

ltj4EXG.png

Community Edition:

HsAT3jp.png

Legacy Edition:

xPDjPAg.png

Full Set:

JgyXjXU.png

• jb1322 changed the title to NBA 2021/2022 Concepts | Atlanta Hawks (10/28)

Boston Celtics

A larger look of the new logo design can be seen here.  The association and icon edition feature a new side panel design. The statement edition features a parquet pattern. I decided not to force the Celtics into a black alternate uni that does not fit into the branding at all. The community edition is inspired by the Freedom Trail of Boston, with a brick color added into the color scheme.  Fanueil Hall is on the waistband of this uni. A recolored version of the primary logo can be seen on the shorts. The legacy edition features a darker shade of green with the addition of gold into the color scheme. 

Association Edition:

aTxM2Nz.png

Icon Edition:

Qbmgm8k.png

Statement Edition:

pho3mW3.png

Community Edition:

NszIjcI.png

Legacy Edition:

4IMiR4F.png

Full Set:

6F9Cdit.png

• jb1322 changed the title to NBA 2021/2022 Concepts | Boston Celtics (10/31)

Brooklyn Nets

The Brooklyn Nets currently have a bland black and white look while they have a rich heritage to pull from. The new logo can be seen here. The primary uni’s feature a side strip with the diamond pattern on it as well as the parquet design on the side. The statement uni features the design over the entire uni, as well as incorporating elements from the subway. The community edition is inspired by Brooklyn artist Keith Haring. The legacy edition looks to the past by having elements influenced by the look of the New Jersey Nets blended with current Nets branding.

Association Edition:

m1eTPap.png

Icon Edition:

YyXDDGY.png

Statement Edition:

7eV01lX.png

Community Edition:

jnhsCf6.png

Legacy Edition:

pGwT9lK.png

Full Set:

EzGP1CY.png

• jb1322 changed the title to NBA 2021/2022 Concepts | Brooklyn Nets (11/3)

Nets look fantastic, love the argyle side panels on the home and away. What if you added some color to one of the alts, maybe the NJ throwback? I think two greyscale alts is kind of boring, but there's really not much you can do with their color palette. What about adding some blue and red to that throwback?

2 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

Nets look fantastic, love the argyle side panels on the home and away. What if you added some color to one of the alts, maybe the NJ throwback? I think two greyscale alts is kind of boring, but there's really not much you can do with their color palette. What about adding some blue and red to that throwback?

Credit to @jaytavo305 for the idea. The legacy edition for Brooklyn has been updated and for anyone who wants to view the original greyscale version, click here.

Charlotte Hornets

The Charlotte Hornets got it so close to being perfect with their last rebrand, they were just missing the purple. There are no nike logos, only the Jumpman logo.The wordmarks on the primary uni’s are very similar to their current word marks, with sharp little notches added inside the letters. The primary uni’s feature the double pinstripes. The name on the back has a font more in line with the Hornets font. The statement jersey replaces the current “CHA” with “CLT”. The community edition is green, a color unofficially adopted by the city of Charlotte, with a coin ridge pattern going down the sides. The legacy edition is Carolina Blue, with a honeycomb pattern gradient.

Association Edition: 

wTxFMQn.png

Icon Edition:

10GpbA9.png

Statement Edition:

2LNa2Tu.png

Community Edition:

53o6z1g.png

Legacy Edition:

EAuyunI.png

Full Set: 

GFHwW6G.png

• jb1322 changed the title to NBA 2021/2022 Concepts | Charlotte Hornets (11/9)
1 hour ago, jb1322 said:

Charlotte Hornets

The Charlotte Hornets got it so close to being perfect with their last rebrand, they were just missing the purple. There are no nike logos, only the Jumpman logo.The wordmarks on the primary uni’s are very similar to their current word marks, with sharp little notches added inside the letters. The primary uni’s feature the double pinstripes. The name on the back has a font more in line with the Hornets font. The statement jersey replaces the current “CHA” with “CLT”. The community edition is green, a color unofficially adopted by the city of Charlotte, with a coin ridge pattern going down the sides. The legacy edition is Carolina Blue, with a honeycomb pattern gradient.

Association Edition: 

wTxFMQn.png

Icon Edition:

10GpbA9.png

Statement Edition:

2LNa2Tu.png

Community Edition:

53o6z1g.png

Legacy Edition:

EAuyunI.png

Full Set: 

GFHwW6G.png

Amazing. Using the Statement as a fauxback to the 2014 asymmetrical look was genuis! This entire set, from the purple in the main jerseys to the City and Legacy, is amazing. 

This is a great set! The white and teal are near perfection and I'd love it if the team wore those. The purple is a great nod to the old jerseys and props for using CLT, of course. The community edition is solid, as is the legacy edition. Not big on using Carolina blue because there are certainly Duke fans that are Hornets fans and they probably wouldn't appreciate the team using UNC's colors (and vice versa). Overall a really nice set and one I'd love to see the Hornets wearing.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Chicago Bulls

The Bulls have a timeless look. I wanted to respect the original design while still presenting something new. The primary uni’s have a cursive script for the wordmarks. The diamond on the shorts remain intact, with the Chicago stars now surrounding the updated Bull logo. The statement edition features the return of the red pinstripes. I am expecting the community edition to be pretty divisive. I was looking into hip hop albums from Chicago artists, as seen here, and I noticed the sunset motif expressed through a vivid range of colors. I thought this was something cool and different than focusing on the architecture, something that their City Edition has already focused on. The shorts also feature a new alternate logo, with a C encapsulating the Chicago star. The legacy edition is derived from the flag of Chicago.

Association Edition:

YkgMsEC.png

Icon Edition:

sXlhbWK.png

Statement Edition:

QikBepk.png

Community Edition:

yXai1PL.png

Legacy Edition:

SAt7lon.png

Full Set:

ZkR44nI.png

• jb1322 changed the title to NBA Concepts | Chicago Bulls (11/13)

As a Bulls fan, I'd LOVE to see your Community and Legacy unis become real! I like what you've done for the other ones, but the Bulls script on the home and alternate black jerseys looks a bit...off. The script rises and the last L and S look like a smaller font size than the rest of the letters. 

Otherwise, a great set!

N3d5IIl.png

Cleveland Cavaliers

The Cleveland Cavaliers should primarily be a wine and gold team. The use of black and navy into the color scheme is unnecessary and forced. To create their look for the future, I had to go back and look at their past. The primary uni’s bring back the vintage wordmark, with a design on the side panels inspired by the Cleveland Department of Transportation Guardian.  The new primary logo can be seen on the shorts. The statement edition looks to the past by incorporating the three color candy stripe. The community edition is sort of a combo fauxback to the 90s uni as well as incorporating the rock and roll elements that the 2020-2021 city edition failed at so spectacularly. The theme for that uni was great, it was just the execution that was horrible so I am hoping my attempt fares better. The legacy edition is derived from the Cav’s old color scheme and the design is inspired by the unused 1993 rebrand.

Association Edition:

lslY66V.png

Icon Edition:

Jcpn9jX.png

Statement Edition:

Ol56e6J.png

Community Edition:

hMueKIM.png

Legacy Edition:

l8wvTE0.png

Full Set:

hgoJsDP.png