CFL Expansion x Viperion101

Viperion101

CFL Expansion

So, I've done an NFL expansion thread, and created a league in Britain (British Gridiron League), so the next logical step is to do a Canadian Football League expansion. With the NFL season now over and the Chiefs doing, well, whatever that was last night, I present the CFL expansion, to reach a total of 16 teams. 

idNed5r.png

C & C Welcome and Appreciated. 

spacer.png

Les Remparts du Quebec (Quebec City Ramparts)

Eastern Conference

Telus Stadium (at Universite Laval), would eventually move to a new, larger stadium

The first team of the expansion, the Quebec City Ramparts (known as Les Remparts du Quebec in French, and are referred to as such since French is the official language of Quebec). Quebec City has been mentioned many times in both CFL and NHL expansion discussions. The word "Rampart" usually refers to a stone wall used to defend a city or castle. As one of Quebec City's most famous landmarks are the city's walls and fort, the name "Ramparts" was chosen. "To stand rampart" is also used as a general term for standing "on-guard" in defense of something. 

The logo features the letters "RQ" in a royal stylized font, and an outline of a bastion fort, the same style as the fortress in Quebec City. The colors match those on the coat of arms of Quebec City. 

Logo: 

IRIHhBP.png

Uniforms: 

rhcRd1h.png

Logo with Wordmark: 

N6ETCbK.png

C&C Welcome and Appreciated. 

spacer.png

I think the home jersey would look better if the red portion was shrunk down to make a stripe in the middle. It can still be outlined in the gold and the numbers can sit on top of it. The point is the jersey should be blue above and below the stripe. The logo looks good and the colors do too. Really looking forward to this series.

On 2/8/2021 at 10:24 PM, SSmith48 said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is already a hockey team in Quebec named the Remparts

I don't see an issue with that. NY had the Giants in both baseball and football. Pittsburgh had the same with Pirates. 

N3d5IIl.png

1 hour ago, jbird669 said:

I don't see an issue with that. NY had the Giants in both baseball and football. Pittsburgh had the same with Pirates. 

Would probably be a different story today with things like trademarks. Heck, you don't even have to be in the same field to get a trademark issue with similar/same names (Vegas/Army trademark battle as an example). Back when the twin Pirates/Giants were around, trademark laws weren't nearly as protective. While I can't say the same for Canadian law, I feel as if the general idea would be the same.

Of course this is a concept, so the issue really doesn't matter. But I feel as if the Hockey Remparts would be opposed to the CFL infringing on a already-established name.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

4 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Would probably be a different story today with things like trademarks. Heck, you don't even have to be in the same field to get a trademark issue with similar/same names (Vegas/Army trademark battle as an example). Back when the twin Pirates/Giants were around, trademark laws weren't nearly as protective. While I can't say the same for Canadian law, I feel as if the general idea would be the same.

Of course this is a concept, so the issue really doesn't matter. But I feel as if the Hockey Remparts would be opposed to the CFL infringing on a already-established name.

I was going to say, I wasn't even aware of the Remparts hockey team. I don't think it would be a bad idea to have teams for 2 different sports with the same name. I also did some research and the Remparts are a minor league/junior hockey team, so it may not be as much of a problem like if they were an NHL team. 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Maybe for the sake of the concept, we just say the hockey Remparts split for the Bahamas and they gave the name to the new CFL team.

It's Me

London Grenadiers

London, Ontario

Eastern Conference

New Stadium

The second team, the London Grenadiers. Named after the 18th century/colonial era British Empire special forces, who were famous for their red uniforms, hence the name "Redcoats". The logo mimics that of the Canadian Grenadier Guard. 

Logo:

M3E2sFF.png

Uniforms: 

H0g7vQY.png

Wordmark: 

Z3IfBin.png

C&C Welcome and Appreciated. 

spacer.png

Archived