MLB on FOX 2021 Concept

TheBigFiz21

Based off of the 2020 NFL on Fox graphics package, I gave my hand at trying to emulate it for MLB presentation. I used PowerPoint and paint.net to put together the scoreboard.

Had a bit of a hard time figuring out how best to setup the baserunner tracker, but there's always feedback to come that'll help me revise that if needed. Also dived into the recreated Fox scoreboard thread to make sure I got the font down. Later on, I'll make an attempt at constants like current batter stats, pitch count, etc.

8pI1EAD.png

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

I appreciate all the feedback from the first post! Slight modifications here: no basepath tracker for when the bases are empty, a little less transparency in the away team score box (to ensure the Cubs blue is well reflected, and pitch speed...because you gotta throw a decent fastball, right?

ROnKsw3.png

Let me know if there's other teams you want me to model in future posts!  Otherwise, I'm picking the best interleague matchup I can think of without re-using colors and'or teams I've already done. Plus, my goal is to maybe add always-on batter and pitcher info similar to the NFL scoreboard tracking QB/RB/WR stats on offensive drives.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

• 5 weeks later...

@TheBigFiz21 Is there any way that the Colorado Rockies could be incorporated into your next attempt at this graphic? Also, would it be possible to create a full-screen version with this graphic in the lower half of the screen, and the MLB on FOX logo in the upper-right quadrant?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 8:02 PM, CATLogo1 said:

@TheBigFiz21 Is there any way that the Colorado Rockies could be incorporated into your next attempt at this graphic? Also, would it be possible to create a full-screen version with this graphic in the lower half of the screen, and the MLB on FOX logo in the upper-right quadrant?

Challenge accepted, my friend! Almost went after a Rockies-Cardinals game this year for my next try (too soon, I suppose?), but I couldn't settle on an outline color (grey or navy blue?) I wanted to use on the STL box. I ended up taking from an Orioles-Rockies game in 2019 instead, so voila! Interleague play! And as an added bonus, I took another crack at it with the Yanks'no-hitter from last week.

Not only do I have TWO full-screen models, but I even took it a step further starting work on batter and pitcher stats on screen much like the NFL scoreboard holds QB/RB/receiver stats on screen at times. I used some yellow to make the batter's order in the lineup standout next to the name. Plus, I think it works better to indicate it in parentheses rather than like a numbered list so it's easier to look at next to the stats. I'll admit...I need a cleaner crop of the MLB on Fox logo and a way to get clean screenshots from MLB.tv because these two I pulled from 720p videos off of YouTube. 

HJRnQf8.png

NewX9yY.png

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

• 2 months later...
On 5/27/2021 at 5:49 PM, TheBigFiz21 said:

Challenge accepted, my friend! Almost went after a Rockies-Cardinals game this year for my next try (too soon, I suppose?), but I couldn't settle on an outline color (grey or navy blue?) I wanted to use on the STL box. I ended up taking from an Orioles-Rockies game in 2019 instead, so voila! Interleague play! And as an added bonus, I took another crack at it with the Yanks'no-hitter from last week.

Not only do I have TWO full-screen models, but I even took it a step further starting work on batter and pitcher stats on screen much like the NFL scoreboard holds QB/RB/receiver stats on screen at times. I used some yellow to make the batter's order in the lineup standout next to the name. Plus, I think it works better to indicate it in parentheses rather than like a numbered list so it's easier to look at next to the stats. I'll admit...I need a cleaner crop of the MLB on Fox logo and a way to get clean screenshots from MLB.tv because these two I pulled from 720p videos off of YouTube. 

HJRnQf8.png

NewX9yY.png

Thank you! Do you think that FOX Sports will actually use this graphics template going forward? I sure hope so!

21 hours ago, CATLogo1 said:

Thank you! Do you think that FOX Sports will actually use this graphics template going forward? I sure hope so!

I wish the answer was yes! I highly doubt they will at this point. We're coming up on the second full season of these graphics for football and they still haven't adopted it into other sports except for giving NASCAR events the comic book driver art. Even the soccer games don't get the benefits of these graphics from Super Bowl LIV.

I don't see why they couldn't have done this. It would have been entertaining to see in last year's postseason at the least; you could even have a lot of fun (or maybe laughs) at a drawn up Aaron Judge or Cody Bellinger when one of them hits a home run and that massive HR animation pops up.

Best case scenario, they will wait for their next Super Bowl (LVII in 2023) to introduce a package that can be shared to their other sports. But if they do end up doing it in time for the AL postseason games on Fox and FS1 this October, I'd be happy they proved me wrong.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Archived