Tanks 2004 NFL Preview

NJTank

AFter seeing you picked the browns and lions to win their division, i was looking forward to seeing a wacky SB prediction, oh well :D

Anyway smart move, by picking the jags, theyll be a sleeper, and im picking them to win the AFC,, but the lions winning the north? It seems like no matter what happens theres always something thats holding the lions back.....

anyway good predictions

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

i agree with a lot of your predictions....but the Browns and Lions? i really dont know where you're head is at on those.

No TE can take a team from 5-11 to a division crown (over Lewis & Lewis, i may add), and this is coming from a Browns fan!

as for the lions, i just still think theyre too young, with 3 years of experience combined between their starters at QB, RB and two WR's.

Well I can't say I agree with you on all this. I do agree with you for many of them.

How can you say the Broncos won't replace Portis, have you not seen Griffin and Bell in the pre-season?

How can you say the Colts will be that good? They still have NO defense.

Washington won't be in the playoffs because they don't have the right offensive line for Portis to run behind yet.

Kansas City isn't EVEN that good. Holmes, Green & Gonzalez are, but the TEAM isn't. They did nothing on defense, and remember that last year they won several games on a Hall return for a TD where the refs missed either a hold or block in the back.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion and NO ONE is EVER right with all their predictions. There's always suprises both ways.

I commend you on your thought process on this and boldness to make some of the predictions that you did.

I think I'll have to have a predections page of my own before the season begins.

Tank, very solid and well thought out. I agree with a lot of this and most of this seems very reasonable. My only beef is with the Houston Texans and Indi Colts. I think the Texans will do far better than that and I think they'll even make the playoffs. The Colts, on the other hand have to pourous a defense and feel that eventually it will get exposed.

Tank, I gotta take issue with that Pats prediction! :cursing:

Lack of depth?! Define lack of depth! The Pats were arguably the deepest team in the league last season (largely because they needed to be with the injuries they had), and won the SB with two rookies on the offensive line! And the defense is still as good as last year's edition (new P.I. rules notwithstanding).

Methinks you're jumping on the Colts bandwagon a little early there, my friend. But thanks for the 11-5 prediction, I think that's about right.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Which is why I said that. The Patriots can't play that kind of defense anymore or risk seeing yellow flags on every pass play. They need to change their tactics. If anyone can get that defense to do it, it's Belichick.

But what you're forgetting is the way the Patriots played defense the last few seasons was perfectly LEGAL. Questionable to some, but legal in the eyes of the officials. They're the only ones that count.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived