MLB Phantom Franchise: New York Reds

Victormrey

After listening to Todd Radom's "Phantom Franchise" section of the ESPN Baseball Tonight podcast from May 4th, I tried to depict how the New York Reds' uniform set would look like nowadays.

For the main home and road designs I decided to keep the pinstripes + sleeveless jerseys combo, possibly the Reds' most iconic look, using black pins for the road uni:

bxJGisp.png

r4NEFwb.png

While both alts feature regular jerseys with placket and sleeve piping:

7b7Px7X.png

evr4f3R.png

I decided to keep Mets' monogram and current road wordmark, since I think they create a cohesive look with the Reds' style. As for the sleeve patch, I edited the 1999-06 Mr. Redlegs logo version to match the home uniform.

Regarding the numbers, I went for a font which looks similar to Mets road wordmark.

Huge thanks to @coco1997, @Carolingian Steamroller, and @Paul Lucas for helping me out throught the whole creative process!

As usual, feedback is more than welcome!

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • WOAH 1

To echo what others have said, it's amazing how well the Reds and Mets identities mesh together. A few details I especially love:

- The mustachioed running Mr. Redlegs looks wonderful 

- Great job matching the numbers style to the Tuscan "New York" script. I actually wouldn't mind if the real life Mets did something like this. 

- Modifying the "Reds" script to add an outline to go along with the drop shadow makes it consistent with the numbers and "New York" script on the road. 

Fantastic job! 

• Love 1