CFL on a template

WideRight

So I have been watching a lot of CFL football this summer, and it occured to me that if the CFL wanted to save some money they could have all their teams work from a uniform template.  That made me wonder if I could create a pretty decent CFL look using the identical template and simply recoloring the different parts, with an allowance to add the logo to the helmet and the team name to the jersey.  Other than that, all I will do is recolor.  Now, by recoloring some stripes the same as the helmet, jersey, or pant color I can adjust how many stripes there are, but I cannot move any of the stripes, add any stripes or make any other modifications.  

So, here is the template, followed by the first 3 teams.  Let me know what you think of these template-based CFL designs. 

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Nice!

Are you making one for the NFL? Or if not, would you allow me to?

32 teams on one template would be quite a challenge.  I am not going to attempt that, but feel free to try yourself.  

22 hours ago, WideRight said:

32 teams on one template would be quite a challenge.  I am not going to attempt that, but feel free to try yourself.  

Might take a crack at it over the weekend, emphasis on might.

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

I should hate it, but I don't. I hate the idea of a league-wide template, but this gives each team enough personality for it to work. The CFL is a mess aesthetically, and while I don't think this is the solution, I like some of these concepts over what teams have in real life. Great job as always!

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

think these jerseys are good and clean.. but what's important is maybe each team should have their own personal themes which can set apart all the styles of the jerseys making them different and unique... not the repeated themes that are getting to be a bit annoying and maybe confusing for fans to tell apart a bit more...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season