CFL Redesign - Atlantic Schooners

colinturner95

gPy3Tje.png

Toronto Argonauts - Home & Away - How fitting that this series ends with the champions, in quite the thrilling Grey Cup game. Despite the thrilling nature of the game, the uniforms of the Argos does not carry the same. They got really simple with the uniforms, and it just doesn't work for me. 

• Helmets - Stripes return to the helmets, this time based on the stripes that return to the jerseys. Gave both an option for the full boat logo and the A logo. 
  • Jerseys - Like I mentioned above, the stirpes return to the sleeves, from the 2016 Adidas uniforms. I did keep the Argo Blue numbers outlined in white on the navy jersey. 
  • Pants & Socks - The pants keep the same stripe as the helmet, which is basically a chopped version of the full sleeve stripe. Socks are striped like the navy jersey

np4GZRc.png

Toronto Argonauts - Alternate & Heritage:

• The Alternate uniform introduces us to the white helmet, designed like its navy counterpart. The jersey goes for the Argo Blue and pares down the stripe to something more like the pants stripe, sort of like the 2008 throwback uniforms. Pants are just like the previous two, socks match the jerseys. 
  • the Heritage uniform celebrates the Argonauts as the "oldest existing professional sports team in North America still using its original name, as well as the oldest-surviving team in both the modern-day CFL and East Division".

3L3JZbJ.png fUIwpko.png

Toronto Argonauts - Apparel - The apparel for the Boatmen follows along with the rest of their CFL companions, for them navy and Argo Blue heather merch, using only the boat logo on this stuff. Have I ever mentioned that I love a good double blue scheme? The throwback merch sees navy take a backseat for white, the A logo taking center stage for the most part, with the oldest boat logo the mothership has for the Argos. 

• Designer's Choices - The light blue makes everything look sexy as hell, so that long-sleeve would probably be my first choice. White hats are a pain to keep clean, but I'd take either of the throwback hats, or possibly the split long-sleeve. 

Well that's a wrap. Thank you all for following along, and we'll see you again with something soon!

• Like 5

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• colinturner95 changed the title to CFL Redesign - Toronto Argonauts

This has been an incredible series to follow. You did an amazing job on every set! 

one question, would you be against doing the twice teased Atlantic Schooners? I’ve always wanted the CFL to be a 10 team league (ADD pet peave) and I think you’ve done the best representation of the league so far. I’d like to see what your take on them would be. 

On 11/28/2022 at 12:20 PM, CLEFAN94 said:

This has been an incredible series to follow. You did an amazing job on every set! 

one question, would you be against doing the twice teased Atlantic Schooners? I’ve always wanted the CFL to be a 10 team league (ADD pet peave) and I think you’ve done the best representation of the league so far. I’d like to see what your take on them would be. 

Why not? 

NLa8pz6.png

Atlantic Schooners - Home & Away - The twice-teased Maritimes-based CFL franchise takes the field in a teal/grey/gold scheme, one that combines the power of the sea with the the might of the schooner (someone insert the Soldier Boy quote of him saying he sounds like a jackass). No, in all seriousness, teal was a popular choice for the team and to avoid comparisons to the US Naval Academy football team, I thought grey provided a good dark contrast color with the gold. 

• Helmet - Teal, with a gold facemask and the revamped primary logo on the sides. 
  • Jerseys - Teal and white, both with grey sleeve caps and a captains stripe. The number font, I wanted something that looked "sturdy", like an old warship. 
  • Pants/Socks - Pants have the same style stripes as the jerseys. As do the socks, which come in grey-striped or teal-solid options. 

ElnzOn9.png

Atlantic Schooners - Alternate & Logos - The Alternate uniform goes grey, save for the helmet which switches to white. The idea for the grey jersey was "a ship rolling through thick fog" which sees the sleeve caps change to a lighter shade of grey. And larger versions of logo, which uses the same style A from the 80's team's bid, cleaned up a little, with a new, more pronounced ship. 

On 11/28/2022 at 12:06 PM, raysox said:

The white heritage for the Argos may be my favorite of the entire series. Only small note is the Argos boat helmet sticker can face forward since the A is symmetrical. But like, if that's the only gripe you did extremely well. 

I did not know that at the time. The ship looked weird when I flipped it to face the front but I didn't notice the A. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• colinturner95 changed the title to CFL Redesign - Atlantic Schooners

This series was great! The uniforms are all vibrant, tasteful, and distinct even with two teams with the letter 'A' and a boat on their helmet. If anything I might flip that vessel on the Argos's helmet so it's sailing forward, but that's super minor.

Anyways, congrats so much on being hired by Fanatics, you'll be making some great stuff if the talent you've demonstrated on the boards is to carry over - which I'm sure it will!

On 12/1/2022 at 6:00 PM, colinturner95 said:

Why not? 

NLa8pz6.png

Atlantic Schooners - Home & Away - The twice-teased Maritimes-based CFL franchise takes the field in a teal/grey/gold scheme, one that combines the power of the sea with the the might of the schooner (someone insert the Soldier Boy quote of him saying he sounds like a jackass). No, in all seriousness, teal was a popular choice for the team and to avoid comparisons to the US Naval Academy football team, I thought grey provided a good dark contrast color with the gold. 

• Helmet - Teal, with a gold facemask and the revamped primary logo on the sides. 
  • Jerseys - Teal and white, both with grey sleeve caps and a captains stripe. The number font, I wanted something that looked "sturdy", like an old warship. 
  • Pants/Socks - Pants have the same style stripes as the jerseys. As do the socks, which come in grey-striped or teal-solid options. 

ElnzOn9.png

Atlantic Schooners - Alternate & Logos - The Alternate uniform goes grey, save for the helmet which switches to white. The idea for the grey jersey was "a ship rolling through thick fog" which sees the sleeve caps change to a lighter shade of grey. And larger versions of logo, which uses the same style A from the 80's team's bid, cleaned up a little, with a new, more pronounced ship. 

I did not know that at the time. The ship looked weird when I flipped it to face the front but I didn't notice the A. 

Absolutely beautiful! Excellent work! I appreciate you taking the time to do that. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...