Modernized Defunct and Plausible Relocation/Expansion - Project Closed

teeray01

18 minutes ago, teeray01 said:

I don't think they need to be production quality so I won't be redoing every concept.

If you're gonna redo the Detroit Cardinals logo then I suggest you should also redo the Texas Colt .45s logo

As for the Ottawa and San Bernardino A's, I used an AI image upscaler to get HD logos

gT1BtSs.png

37 minutes ago, maxwasson said:

If you're gonna redo the Detroit Cardinals logo then I suggest you should also redo the Texas Colt .45s logo

As for the Ottawa and San Bernardino A's, I used an AI image upscaler to get HD logos

What’s with the constant badgering of@teeray01 about the resolution of his concepts?

St. Louis looks gorgeous! Elegant simplicity. The darker blue and new numbers style for San Francisco are also an improvement.

21 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

What’s with the constant badgering of@teeray01 about the resolution of his concepts?

St. Louis looks gorgeous! Elegant simplicity. The darker blue and new numbers style for San Francisco are also an improvement.

I didn't say that they were bad, just that the logos for 2 or 3 of them weren't up to par with the logos he's done for most of this thread, and I already did find a third-party solution to those specific logos. 

gT1BtSs.png

7 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

The old Utah Jazz colors for the Salt Lake A’s works a lot better than it should, and the St. Louis A’s look great as well. Keep it up, this is a fun series!

And it's only gonna get more fun from here with the Continental League, Angels, and Astros coming up!

gT1BtSs.png

• teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct and Plausible Relocation/Expansion - Syracuse A's
  • teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct and Plausible Relocation/Expansion - Syracuse & Toronto A's

The A's in just Canadian flag colors is a brilliant idea. Of course, the thing that would really put this concept over the top is a classic script style "Toronto" if you're capable of working that up.

Regardless, this is a really sharp set and all the logos are strong. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

I haven't been following this thread but are you just making A's concepts for every city in North America?

Not exactly every North American city, but most of them, A good amount of them were done in SFGiants58's MLB: The Defunct Saga thread

gT1BtSs.png

• teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct and Plausible Relocation/Expansion - Syracuse,Toronto & Tucson A's

A few suggestions for Tuscon:

- The "C" in the "Tuscon" scripts looks more like a "D." Is there a different font you can use?

- I love the double outlines on the alt and think they should be extended to the home and road jerseys. Maybe red scripts & numbers outlined in yellow and then navy?

- As a nod to the Diamondbacks, maybe off-white home uniforms?

Vancouver, Virginia and Wichita A's are on deck.  The Washington Nationals are on the list, but I do not plan to do a concept for them because @SFGiants58covered them very well in Defunct Saga.  This will complete the A's road trip.  The series will continue with the Modern Continental League. 

• Like 1

• teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct and Plausible Relocation/Expansion - Tucson Update, Tulsa A's

I don’t mind the double outlines on Tulsa, but I’d amplify  the light blue a bit more. Home set would have light blue script & numbers with black and then red outlines. Light blue crowned cap, like the hard hat on the elephant.

I also don’t think the number font really fits the concept very well. I think you could get by with standard block numbers.