Modernized Defunct and Plausible Relocation/Expansion - Project Closed

teeray01

3 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Milwaukee Browns look great! And interesting choice to go red for the Austin A’s. Love the cowboy hat on the roundel.

The colors for the Austin A's look very much like Texas Tech, Which is ironic since Austin is the home of one of Texas Tech's biggest rivals; the Texas Longhorns

• Like 1

gT1BtSs.png

• teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct Pro Baseball Concepts - Milwaukee Browns, Austin A's logo sheet, Boston A's primary logo
20 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Milwaukee Browns look great! And interesting choice to go red for the Austin A’s. Love the cowboy hat on the roundel.

I initially intended for Austin to be Navy and Red.  Not Black and Red.  I think I will go back to Navy and Red.  I may mess around with the logo a bit more.  I won't be working on this tonight because I have another obligation but I will play around with it tomorrow as well as finish the Boston A's.  Then Baltimore and Buffalo A's after that.

• Like 2

• teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct Pro Baseball Concepts - Austin Athletics, Boston Athletics

Great job on both relocations! I particularly like the shamrock logo for the Boston A’s and the Boston vest alternate. 

Even though Boston is great as-is, I’m curious how it would look if you used the more metallic gold from the Celtics’ current primary logo in place of athletic gold. I also think celtic or Old English style lettering a la the early Oakland jerseys  would work well here for the road jersey.

• teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct Pro Baseball Concepts - Baltimore Athletics, Buffalo Athletics & Boston Athletics #2

The Boston update looks great! The road script is exactly what I had in mind.

Baltimore - Love the roundel design, and you did a fine job balancing black, red and gold. On the alt, the outermost outline on the script and numbers should be white, however. I’d also work on  matching the thickness of the outlines on the scripts and numbers. On the “Baltimore” script, for example, the red looks much thicker than the gold. 

Buffalo - Another great roundel! I would drop the outlines from the “Buffalo” script on the road jersey since you didn’t use them anywhere else in the set. It should look the way it does under the roundel on the logo sheet. 

Keep up the great work. I’m really enjoying this series!

6 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

The Boston update looks great! The road script is exactly what I had in mind.

Baltimore - Love the roundel design, and you did a fine job balancing black, red and gold. On the alt, the outermost outline on the script and numbers should be white, however. I’d also work on  matching the thickness of the outlines on the scripts and numbers. On the “Baltimore” script, for example, the red looks much thicker than the gold. 

Buffalo - Another great roundel! I would drop the outlines from the “Buffalo” script on the road jersey since you didn’t use them anywhere else in the set. It should look the way it does under the roundel on the logo sheet. 

Keep up the great work. I’m really enjoying this series!

Thank you!  On Buffalo, I think I'm going to change it to a stand alone "B".   The Boston wordmark is more readable in this font.  Or I may do script "Buffalo".   I will tune up the Baltimore designs.  I've been using vector logo bundles I got online a few years back.  I'm also using a uniform template I got online with some modifications.

• Like 1

Just now, teeray01 said:

Looks like my home state of Ohio will be next on the A's road trip.  Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus are next.

Are these totally hypothetical relocations or were the A’s actually rumored to relocate to these cities at some point?

Most are just alternate relocation options.  Some are rumored or failed relocations.  I started off doing some design work for @maxwassonfor the Kansas City Cowboys and then I posted the Covington Blue Sox.  Honestly, I did not intend to do that much designing, but it seems like other users are enjoying what I'm putting together so I will continue.   I think @SFGiants58 has some of the best work out there and I thought he would be the perfect designer for the subject, so I was hoping he would take it on.  The content I have planned will take a while, but I plan to keep working.  I'm not planning to work with deadlines.  Just a little at a time for as long as it takes.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Are these totally hypothetical relocations or were the A’s actually rumored to relocate to these cities at some point?

Some of these cities were places the A's could have gone to if another team went somewhere else, Example: The A's move to St. Louis once the Browns leave for Baltimore, or they leave for Baltimore if the Browns never leave St. Louis or go somewhere else.

• Like 1

gT1BtSs.png

On 11/5/2022 at 7:04 AM, teeray01 said:

Looks like my home state of Ohio will be next on the A's road trip.  Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus are next.

The rest of the A's cities go as follows

• Anaheim
  • Boise
  • Charlotte
  • Des Moines
  • Detroit
  • El Paso
  • Fort Worth
  • Hartford
  • Houston
  • Indianapolis
  • Jacksonville
  • Little Rock
  • Memphis
  • Mexico City
  • Miami
  • Minnesota
  • Nashville
  • New Jersey
  • New Mexico
  • New York
  • Oklahoma City
  • Omaha
  • Orlando
  • Ottawa
  • Pittsburgh
  • Reno
  • Salt Lake
  • San Antonio
  • San Bernardino
  • San Francisco
  • St. Louis
  • Syracuse
  • Toronto
  • Tucson
  • Tulsa
  • Vancouver
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wichita

gT1BtSs.png

• teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct Pro Baseball Concepts - Baltimore Athletics, Buffalo Athletics Fixed