Modernized Defunct and Plausible Relocation/Expansion - Project Closed

teeray01

6 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Good job showing just how versatile the name "Browns" could be. Shame the real Browns keep sticking to that helmet logo when they have an elf or a dog or just about anything else to choose from.

It's important to remember that these are the baseball Browns in which during their time in St. Louis had a statue of King Louie on their logo, so it's very plausible to consider had the Browns not moved to Baltimore and went somewhere else that they would've had a logo that fits their new home city identity. 

QNXVyki.png

• teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct Pro Baseball Concepts - Kansas City & New York Browns

Nice work on these last few concepts. 

One issue with the KC Browns is there are some inconsistencies with the trim. On the home and road jerseys, the script on the front is not outlined but the front and back numbers are. I'd either add outlines to all three or remove them altogether. 

51 minutes ago, teeray01 said:

Thank you.  I will take a look.  I intended to simplify the Kansas City design to make it a little different from the others.  I think I like the idea of just eliminating the outlines.

Maybe you could also re-do the logos for the Cleveland Spiders, Los Angeles Browns, and Covington Blue Sox. Because I have noticed that the newer logos in this thread are bigger and much more high quality compared to the first couple of logos made. 

QNXVyki.png

• teeray01 changed the title to Modernized Defunct Pro Baseball Concepts - Indianapolis Hoosiers & Brooklyn Tip-Tops

Nice work on the Hoosiers and Tip-Tops. Since the Tip-Tops are clearly Dodgers-influenced, I'd opt for red front numbers with a blue outline on all three jerseys to drive home that inspiration. And a small nitpick: on the roundel logo, the "p" in "Tip" and the "To" in "Tops" are only partially outlined. 

Just curious, where are the logos you're using coming from? I know in your first post you disclosed that you're pulling them from other sources. I would recommend giving credit when a logo or script comes from another designer.

Keep up the nice work!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Nice work on the Hoosiers and Tip-Tops. Since the Tip-Tops are clearly Dodgers-influenced, I'd opt for red front numbers with a blue outline on all three jerseys to drive home that inspiration. And a small nitpick: on the roundel logo, the "p" in "Tip" and the "To" in "Tops" are only partially outlined. 

Just curious, where are the logos you're using coming from? I know in your first post you disclosed that you're pulling them from other sources. I would recommend giving credit when a logo or script comes from another designer.

Keep up the nice work!

I believe some of these assets are reused from SFGiants58's fantastic MLB: The Defunct Saga in fact I'd consider this whole thread to be the "expansion pack" to that thread.

• Like 2

QNXVyki.png

3 minutes ago, teeray01 said:

Max.  I will correct the outline.  It may be the way I have it layered.  I will check it out.  I'm working on the Cleveland Green Sox and will follow with Pittsburgh, then finish with St. Louis.

Okay is this for fixing the LA Browns and Cleveland Spiders logos?, also heads up next week this thread moves on to the Athletics Road Trip

QNXVyki.png

4 minutes ago, teeray01 said:

I am going to redo both of those logos ahead of the A's road trip.  I am out of town tomorrow until Sunday so it will be early next week.

I won't be working on anything tonight because I have another obligation.

But the remaining Federal League teams should be finished before tomorrow, right?

QNXVyki.png