Brad Smith's Heisman is Slipping Away

rockchalk

That is the dumbest slogan I've ever heard, but hey, I'll still be at the game Saturday.

Why hasn't someone studied why Mizzou chokes in all of their big games in all sports? I'm not trying to make anyone mad, but it just seems like everytime they have some national recognition in b-ball or football, the very next game, they lose to a team they should handle with ease.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Just to throw my 2 cents into this,but Brad Smith has never really shown me anything.I mean he's a good athlete,has some speed and a strong arm,but in all the CFA preseason shows I watched where they hyped him up I couldnt understand why.I was thinking he made some great off-season improvements or a new position coach was brought in who had great success elsewhere.I was even at the Independence Bowl last year and thought he was gonna be the Hogs' downfall,but again he showed me nothing there either.Not to be biased or a homer,

but I would take our Matt Jones any day of Smith...at the COLLEGE level.Now Smith may go on and be another Culpepper or McNabb on the next level,but before you hype someone up like that give it to someone who has at least earned it.

98Falcons.png

I agree completely. I had never watched him play a full game until last year's game at KU, and afterwards, I was left scratching my head...This guy's supposed to be a Heisman candidate? He seems to have the talent, but when a well prepared team comes up on the schedule, he seems to have a complete meltdown.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

I'm an Illinois fan, and I don't often sympathize with Mizzou, and tonite isn't different than most. I feel slightly bad for them...but I enjoyed seeing one of their easy preseason opponents get them.

Anyway, I also noticed that chalk about them always choking in all sports when they should be good.

However, seeing Brad Smith in person twice (at the Illini vs. Mizzou games) I do think he is deserving of a lot of the hype.

i remember the day i first heard of Brad Smith, we were moving stuff in and out and i happened to turn it to the Chicago ABC, which was showing the Mizzou-Illini game. the QB caught my eye, and probably a lot of folks' eyes, with his Vick-like play. which may be one of the problems for Smith: everybody's expectin him to be the next Vick.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

News Flash: Troy State is a much better team than people think. Their defense alone should get them a Sun Belt Conference title.

News Flash: Mizzou is a poorly-coached, underachieving team that can't seem to win a game outside of the state of Missouri.

Brad Smith is a great player, however when you don't have a game plan that can adapt to a defense that only needed one quarter to completely adjust their game, you're not going to win too many games. That's a coaching problem. Mizzou had the success they did last year because they had better athletes on the offensive line. The defense is still an incohesive, porous unit with serious speed deficiencies in the secondary and poor execution up the middle(way too many missed tackles in the offensive backfield). With a little more protection, Smith might have made more of a difference in the game, but the offensive line is simply not as good as last year's model. A second or two more of protection gives Smith all the time he needs to run wild but we don't have the tools to get him that time.

Sadly, it's lookin' more like a 4-7 season this year.

But we'll still beat Kansas.

But we'll still beat Kansas.

hmmmmmm, I dunno.....improved defense....improved running game....should be a good one.

As much as I enjoyed seeing an underdog win, I hated seeing a Big 12 school get bitch slapped like that. Even if it was Mizzou....

I thought Pinkel was supposed to be a better coach than that. I mean, he didn't even adapt to the changes the Trojans made in the second half. Did they really think 14-0 would be good enough and rested.

Woo! Muck Fizzou, baby!

Before we get too excited, let us remember that Kansas was just as overhyped by our own fans last season. A 5-2 start with wins against UNLV, Jax State and Mizzou-rah didn't get me too pumped. The Colorado game was a big teller of things to come.

Archived