Bob Pockrass tweeted out that Front Row has exercised their options on both McDowell and Gilliland for Cup next year. Team was interested in a third cup for Zane Smith, but in the end they decided they didn't want to start over with another rookie. Zane Smith is free to look elsewhere.

On 8/7/2023 at 5:22 PM, dont care said:

I wouldn’t consider roush being back until they are the top ford team again. I’m surprised Ford ever let them fall off with all the support roush has given them in terms of performance parts. But they went from being arguably the top team in nascar to an afterthought until the end of last year. Now they atleast are a top 10 team nearly every week without bad luck.

I think one could make the argument they are the top Ford team at the moment, or at least 1B. Harvick leads Ford in regular season standings, but Brad is only 12 points behind him. Roush and Penske are tied for wins. Blaney, Buescher, and Logano are all within 6 points of each other. Penske and Roush seem to be on pretty similar levels at this point. I think most would still view Penske as the top dog since they're coming off a championship season, but Roush has put themselves in the conversation. SHR is not in the conversation at this point since the entire team is in shambles besides Harvick. 

Either way, I am just happy to see Roush is relevant again. It was a tough time to be a fan from 2015-2022. I won't take this season for granted and enjoy every moment of them being competitive. 

T1oYViW.png

6 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Noah Gragson requested his release from LMC

F3K-XyTXEAIUlAK?format=png&name=large

That might be the official story, but I'm sure what really happened was they told him his options were being fired or "choosing" to walk away and save face. Regardless, I'm sure he'll have a good truck or Xfinity ride next year - I'm actually thinking a return to JRM might be in the cards. Depends on what sponsorship he can keep/find, I suppose. As for the 42, Nemechek is the rumored frontrunner, which will go along nicely with their switch to Toyota next season.

On 8/9/2023 at 11:03 AM, Chicageaux said:

Bob Pockrass tweeted out that Front Row has exercised their options on both McDowell and Gilliland for Cup next year. Team was interested in a third cup for Zane Smith, but in the end they decided they didn't want to start over with another rookie. Zane Smith is free to look elsewhere.

Considering that Smith was one of the names SHR was reportedly interested in for the 10 (the other was McDowell, who's now off the table), I'd expect that's where he'll end up. Either that or we get a bit of a shuffle where Burton and his Dex money go to the 10 and Smith takes over the 21.

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

The SRX is a racing series created by Tony Stewart and has a bunch of current and former NASCAR drivers that race every week. It’s a really cool setup and experience.

Anyway, here’s a look at Austin Dillon filling us in with what happened to his car while using a reporter’s phone camera. If this were a sanctioned NASCAR race, the France family would have Dillon promptly sniped.

23 hours ago, Chicageaux said:

A little late, but Austin Hill is staying with RCR on a multi-year extension. He'll return to XFINITY in the 21 full-time again next year.

That will end the Hill to Kaulig rumors that sprung up over the last month.

On the disappointing side, but it is what it is. No use complaining about it. The ride is still open, so hopefully they do their homework and find the best candidate for the position.

• Like 1

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

On 8/19/2023 at 4:09 PM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

On the disappointing side, but it is what it is. No use complaining about it. The ride is still open, so hopefully they do their homework and find the best candidate for the position.

Maybe it could be Chandler? I'm trying to think of candidates, but nothing comes to mind.

rAUPGPZ.png

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

It's good, I like it. Rather simple, basically an homage to the one run by Dale Junior.

• Dale Jr has expressed interest in elevating his Xfinity team to Cup

• Kaulig Racing shares facilities with RCR whomst Dale Sr drove for

• Kaulig’s plans for 31 in 2024 being kept a close guarded secret

• The return of Mountain Dew with a scheme similar to Dale Jr’s scheme

• Jr Motorsports will defect from Hendrick and align with RCR

• The 31 becomes co-owned by Jr/Kelley and Kaulig in Cup Series

spacer.png

It's official: SVG's coming back and will run a partial schedule in all 3 series next year. I think that's the right call - he's obviously good enough to be a threat at every road course, but it wouldn't be smart to throw him straight into full-time Cup with no experience running ovals. I expect he'll be FT Cup in 2025 if everything goes to plan.

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

On 9/12/2023 at 10:48 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Mountain Dew is making a return to NASCAR with Justin Haley & Kaulig Racing

F504xziWYAAux6H?format=jpg&name=large

Haley's consistently had some of the best schemes this year. This, the Tide Ride, Leaffilter, the Benesch car at Chicago...

Kauilg has been cranking out some of the best paint schemes in the game the past few years, IMO.

rAUPGPZ.png

Here's a look at where the chartered cars currently stand for 2024:

• 1 - Chastain
  • 2 - Cindric
  • 3 - A. Dillon
  • 4 - Berry (Replacing Harvick)
  • 5 - Larson
  • 6 - Keselowski
  • 7 - LaJoie (Re-signed with Spire on a multi-year deal)
  • 8 - Busch
  • 9  -Elliott
  • 10 - ??? (Rumor: All signs are pointing to Almirola returning to the 10 in 2024)
  • 11 - Hamlin
  • 12 - Blaney
  • 14 - Briscoe
  • 15- Haley* (Haley confirmed to Rick Ware Racing but exact # still TBD)
  • 16 - ??? (Allmendinger has not been confirmed to return to Cup in 2024; Gragson, Ty Dillon, Chandler Smith, and DiBenedetto all had been rumored for the 31)
  • 17 - Buescher
  • 19 - Truex Jr.
  • 20 - Bell
  • 21 - Burton (Recent comments by Burton and the team indicate that no changes will be made to the 21)
  • 22 - Logano
  • 23 - Wallace
  • 24 - Byron
  • 31 - Hemric (confirmed a couple weeks ago to replace Haley)
  • 34 - McDowell
  • 38 - Gilliland
  • 41 - Preece (Preece announced on SiriusXM this week that he will return to the 41 car in 2024)
  • 42 - Nemechek (officially replaces Gragson as Legacy moves to Toyota for 2024)
  • 43 - Jones
  • 45 - Reddick
  • 47 - Stenhouse Jr.
  • 48 - Bowman
  • 51 - ??? (Typically a revolving door of drivers like Yeley, Newman, Custer, Poole, Smithley, and others; I would expect more of the same for 2024)
  • 54 - Gibbs
  • 77 - ??? (Rumor: Carson Hocevar replaces Ty Dillon)
  • 78 - Zane Smith* (Smith signed a deal to race for Trackhouse and will basically be on-loan to Spire in 2024 after they acquired Live Fast's charter for next year).
  • 99 - Suarez

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• 2 weeks later...

AJ Allmendinger wins the ROVAL race at Charlotte.

He couldn't race in the Xfinity Series race because it's a playoff race, and he declared for the Cup Series Championship; he probably would've won yesterday and made it five in a row. Byron probably had the better car, and it was excruciating watching those last 10 laps, but man it sure felt good seeing him cross the line first.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hearing the announcers try to blame Blaney for that caution was ridiculous. I’m a Larson fan but I know he drives past his talent sometimes and he’s definitely pushing to hard there and over cooked it. He might have made pit road speed after coming to a near stop before the first timing line if Blaney wasn’t there but at the same time he had plenty of time to match Blaney’s speed and or avoid him. That isn’t on blaney at all and anyone to try and blame him has to be the biggest Larson homer there is.