I think Gragson being out is more to do with Toyota than it does with Legacy themselves. Gragson was previously in the Toyota pipeline, driving for KBM and a few JGR XFINITY starts. Not sure what exactly happened, if he wasn't specifically a TDR, but he made the jump to JRM in 2019. It also doesn't help that he's had a pretty public feud with Ty Gibbs. My guess is Toyota wants Nemechek in Cup and Legacy is the fall back if Truex doesn't retire.

I heard SVG is a GM guy, so I don't see him going to SHR. I could see it being Kaulig and Gisbergen can learn a lot from Allmendinger before he decides to hang it up.

What's interesting is the DBC guys mentioned that there's going to be two seats open for JRM next year. We know Berry is one of them. The rumor was Brandon Jones was out after one year, but supposedly he is returning. So that leads to it being either Mayer or Allgaier 

I can see Mayer going only if his contract is up. He’s young but hasn’t performed or improved since moving into xfinity, I don’t see any big team buying out his contract. Allgaier is an older veteran who the younger guys can learn from and is a reliable teammate, unless he’s planning on retiring I don’t see Jr getting rid of him with no plan to replace him.

I just struggle to see how Wood Brothers Racing is even a viable race team anymore. Why Burton continues to pilot the 21 is beyond me. 

They’re sitting at 99 wins. Are they waiting around for that special one? If so, Burton ain’t the guy. Either find a proven ford driver, fully merge with Penske or another ford team, or close up shop.

For such an iconic team, they’re bottom of the barrel and have been for quite some time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I just struggle to see how Wood Brothers Racing is even a viable race team anymore. Why Burton continues to pilot the 21 is beyond me. 

They’re sitting at 99 wins. Are they waiting around for that special one? If so, Burton ain’t the guy. Either find a proven ford driver, fully merge with Penske or another ford team, or close up shop.

For such an iconic team, they’re bottom of the barrel and have been for quite some time.

I completely agree with you. It's a lot more fun when the 21 Wood Brothers car is a wild card. I think Burton's saving grace for himself is that DEX Imaging partnership. The Ford pipeline is just not that great. Right now, the only full-time Ford guys in XFINITY are the Stewart-Haas guys. Even Burton was part of the TDR program before making the jump over to Penske. I was holding out hope that Penske would try to buy out Zane Smith from Front Row because I think he'd be a great fit for the 21 team. Maybe Custer? But to your point, with the Penske partnership, they're getting fourth best equipment and crew & if the driver isn't excelling, they're just not going to overcome that.

On 8/2/2023 at 4:36 PM, DCarp1231 said:

These days Wood Brothers is basically a field filler that just happens to have a history. It's a shame.

FWIW,  the classic 21 car paint scheme has been one of my favorites since back when David Pearson was driving it.

1971-Talladega-David-Pearson-Photographe

23NH1DR_359720--425x226.jpg

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

7 hours ago, Chicageaux said:

Noah Gragson has been suspended indefinitely by Legacy Motorsports, likely the fallout of Noah liking an insensitive meme on social media. 

Josh Berry will be in the 42 this weekend.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous reasons to suspend someone. Liking a post like really. It’s not like he made the post. Should everyone here get suspended when they like a post that gets a member banned? That would be ridiculous. If this doesn’t show that Noah is on his way out and they were looking for any reason to do so I don’t know what does. 

Just found out that the meme he liked was from 3 years ago. If legacy was for sure looking for any reason to cut sling load. If it wasn’t a problem 3 years ago it certainly isn’t now. The meme wasn’t even that offensive, it was a picture of a crab with Floyd’s face over it saying “under da knee, under da knee

Edited by dont care
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

These days Wood Brothers is basically a field filler that just happens to have a history. It's a shame.

FWIW,  the classic 21 car paint scheme has been one of my favorites since back when David Pearson was driving it.

1971-Talladega-David-Pearson-Photographe

23NH1DR_359720--425x226.jpg

Honestly, WBR needs to come to the realization that they just can’t compete anymore and go for a merger with Penske. It would probably be more attractive to potential drivers to drive the Penske 21 rather than the Wood Brothers 21.

I think they wanted to get rid of Noah by any means necessary and they finally got their due cause. Toyota probably didn't want him, and they obviously want someone else in that role. JHN.

While I think it's suspension worthy, certainly not indefinite. He already had a season from hell, and this is basically a gut punch to him. Humbling experience for sure.

• Like 1

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I wouldn’t consider roush being back until they are the top ford team again. I’m surprised Ford ever let them fall off with all the support roush has given them in terms of performance parts. But they went from being arguably the top team in nascar to an afterthought until the end of last year. Now they atleast are a top 10 team nearly every week without bad luck.

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

RFK has the most underrated paint schemes in Cup Series

They really do!

I could take or leave Keselowski as a driver, but he has turned things around at RFK. As someone who grew up watching NASCAR and then got out of it in the early 2010s, I was shocked when I got back into it a few years ago and Roush was only fielding two cars. I'm glad to see them bringing consistency to both teams and hope they continue to find future success. I would really like to see them field an XFINITY team again.

11 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

So apparently there’s conflicting reports about Gragson being fired. LMC is saying now that they haven’t parted ways with Noah.

Most likely a formality as far as hashing out contract details + sponsorships that Noah brought to the team (Wendy's).

Bianchi doesn't make things up and is pretty well respected in the garage. He's on record saying that he doesn't report on anything unless he's 99% confident in his sources.