World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Venezuela: 30 of 30, Series Complete)

MJD7

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Philippines: 24 of 30)
21 hours ago, csura999 said:

As a Filipino, these are awesome and I would buy one in a heartbeat!

13 hours ago, edjb93 said:

Seeing the simplicity of PH's baseball uniforms, the racing stripes that you added here are a nice touch and adds more flavor to the uniforms overall. Pilipinas represent here too! 🇵🇭

This is awesome! I'm glad to see that I hopefully did the Philippines justice, that's what this is all about!

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Puerto Rico: 25 of 30)

South Africa

I brought back the flag stripe pattern on the sleeves from the original WBC. The alternate might be a little bit out there but I wanted to try it: I went with a design that translates the flag into the entire jersey.

TXUsmfz.png

moqd3ui.png

LLTI78T.png

• Like 5

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (South Africa: 26 of 30)

Spain (España)

I wanted to go a bit more gold-heavy for Spain than I did for the other red and gold team, China. The sleeve striping is inspired by the flag, and the alternate features the country name in English, a bit of a reversal of my typical format.

oarfHdY.png

CBPJ5nW.png

kzP3OIQ.png

• Like 4

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Spain: 27 of 30)

I think the set you've make for Spain looks perfect! With a distinctive flag colour proportions, the unis look clean yet unique! Since every other sport national team uses red as main colour, could you try swapping the red and yellow on the alternate jersey?

I find impressive how you managed to implement every flag colour on S. Africa's wordmark and numbers, well done! The alt design is out of this world 🤩 I have a small suggestion: what about keeping the pall (triangle) of the flag on the sides, as if it was on the middle of the sleeve, using only the right half of the ensign for the rest of the cuffs?

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Victormrey said:

I think the set you've make for Spain looks perfect! With a distinctive flag colour proportions, the unis look clean yet unique! Since every other sport national team uses red as main colour, could you try swapping the red and yellow on the alternate jersey?

Thanks! I very nearly dropped the gray jersey in favor of red, but I ended up not doing it. Here's a look, though:

ytgXZtL.png

5 hours ago, Victormrey said:

I find impressive how you managed to implement every flag colour on S. Africa's wordmark and numbers, well done! The alt design is out of this world 🤩 I have a small suggestion: what about keeping the pall (triangle) of the flag on the sides, as if it was on the middle of the sleeve, using only the right half of the ensign for the rest of the cuffs?

Thank you! Yeah, including all of the flag colors in the wordmark & numbers was a more subtle detail that I didn't get to mention.

As for your suggestion, to be honest I'm not entirely sure what you mean: are you suggesting that I extend the "stripes" of the flag to be the main aspect of the sleeves, as opposed to going with the flag pattern? If that's the case, I'd want to avoid doing that, because I like that the flag itself distributes all of the colors more evenly.

• Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Thailand: 28 of 30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (United States of America: 29 of 30)

A great, classy set for the US! The one thing I'd like to see is blue in the sleeve stripes, especially on the road uniform. So many of your striping patterns have been inspired by flags and I think the US is a team that can get away with not doing that and instead lean towards "classic baseball" as their vibe.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, CDCLT said:

A great, classy set for the US! The one thing I'd like to see is blue in the sleeve stripes, especially on the road uniform. So many of your striping patterns have been inspired by flags and I think the US is a team that can get away with not doing that and instead lean towards "classic baseball" as their vibe.

Thanks! I originally thought of doing navy/red/navy for the stripe pattern, but it looked strange to me when the wordmark was solid navy. I suppose I could go more red-centric with the wordmark, but that doesn't necessarily fit the slightly more modernized take I was going for:

UZZGL1D.png

I didn't want to go navy/white/red with the stripes either, as that would be running too close to Twins territory, which the set is already veering a little close to as-is.

Maybe try just outlining what you have now (RWR) in navy? You may have to play with the wordmark coloring to really get it but I think that more even distribution will help tie the set together, especially when the alt is navy.

the user formerly known as cdclt

19 hours ago, CDCLT said:

Maybe try just outlining what you have now (RWR) in navy? You may have to play with the wordmark coloring to really get it but I think that more even distribution will help tie the set together, especially when the alt is navy.

It's hard to explain why, but that striping pattern (navy/red/white/red/navy) feels to me like it would fit better for a team like the UK or France. Also, I purposefully tried to avoid the red & navy touching with the initial set, inspired by the Twins rebrand.

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to World Baseball Classic x NIKE 2023 (Venezuela: 30 of 30, Series Complete)
9 hours ago, mahnkej said:

Awesome work! You've honestly done the best baseball concepts I've ever seen on this site; this series was no exception. Well done.

Thank you so much! That truly means a lot.

Also, for anyone interested, the WBC jerseys can now be viewed all together on my websitehttps://mjd7design.myportfolio.com/world-baseball-classic

• Like 2