MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

3 hours ago, maxwasson said:

Love that shoulder patch! Reminds me a lot of the Royals alternate logo in 2005, also very coincidental for the both of us to upload Kansas City Cowboys concepts with similar color schemes within 3 days of each other.

Thanks! The shoulder patch was actually modeled after the Twins’ primary logo from 2010-2022. 

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Wonderful job on Kansas City! Love the colors!

Thanks! It’s one of my favorite color schemes of the series.

Seems like a perfect timeline segway into a New Orleans Royals (Expos) set

spacer.png

Close, but not quite… 🤔

• Like 2

6 hours ago, maxwasson said:

Love that shoulder patch! Reminds me a lot of the Royals alternate logo in 2005, also very coincidental for the both of us to upload Kansas City Cowboys concepts with similar color schemes within 3 days of each other.

Unless my eyes deceive me it's built off the Twins' old shoulder patch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maxwasson said:

Or just the current Royals in New Orleans

Did the KC Royals ever consider moving there?

4 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Thanks! The shoulder patch was actually modeled after the Twins’ primary logo from 2010-2022. 

Thanks! It’s one of my favorite color schemes of the series.

Close, but not quite… 🤔

Thank you! That's a good idea, here's a look:

RTBlxGw.pngI feel like the round shapes in the rope might clash a bit with the spiky wordmark, I'm not sure. I might like it more than the original, I'll have to think about it.

32 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Unless my eyes deceive me it's built off the Twins' old shoulder patch.

It is indeed.

8 hours ago, MJD7 said:

RTBlxGw.pngI feel like the round shapes in the rope might clash a bit with the spiky wordmark, I'm not sure. I might like it more than the original, I'll have to think about it.

I think this works quite nicely! Could we see it on the other three jerseys?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Did the KC Royals ever consider moving there?

It is indeed.

Not really, just a mildly amusing joke, there have been murmurs about the Royals moving to Nashville if the new downtown stadium deal in Kansas City falls through, but that's about it. There's also been some rumblings about the Brewers potentially leaving if they don't get something done in Milwaukee.

• Like 1

gT1BtSs.png

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

I think this works quite nicely! Could we see it on the other three jerseys?

Sure:

qsnxdNm.png

EihbP6L.png

sfg1B7L.png

45 minutes ago, maxwasson said:

Not really, just a mildly amusing joke, there have been murmurs about the Royals moving to Nashville if the new downtown stadium deal in Kansas City falls through, but that's about it. There's also been some rumblings about the Brewers potentially leaving if they don't get something done in Milwaukee.

Interesting, I didn't know about that. I have heard rumblings about Milwaukee, but I doubt anything will happen.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

What if... the Expos relocated to Milwaukee (and changed their name)?

Along with Buffalo, one of the backup cities if Montreal didn't work out was Milwaukee. The "ball-in-glove" logo was a fitting substitute for the Expos' logo.

fDUoB0G.png

BLl8hj9.png

rmn8PDa.png

cAi8smY.png

• Like 10
  • Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Milwaukee Brewers (Expos)]

Nice work! I've always felt the BiG logo should be worn on the front of the jersey more often. 

I just remembered the reports from 2019 suggesting the Orioles could relocate to Nashville. That same year, a Nashville-based ownership group announced plans to bring an MLB team called the "Stars" to Music City, so maybe an Orioles-inspired Stars set could work for this series?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Nice work! I've always felt the BiG logo should be worn on the front of the jersey more often.

Thanks! I agree, even though the Brewers have a really nice uniform set now.

20 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I just remembered the reports from 2019 suggesting the Orioles could relocate to Nashville. That same year, a Nashville-based ownership group announced plans to bring an MLB team called the "Stars" to Music City, so maybe an Orioles-inspired Stars set could work for this series?

I have had that one recommended to me once before, I'll have to see what I can do!

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Indianapolis Arrows (Athletics, Pirates, or Twins)]

Wonderful work!

I’d be curious to see an “Indianapolis” or “Indy” script on the away jersey. As well as incorporating the relocation teams into the Arrows identity. For example, using the Arrows “A” in an “A’s” jersey logo, or an interlocking I and C (Indy is nicknamed the “crossroads of America”), or a pinstriped white jersey.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Wonderful work!

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’d be curious to see an “Indianapolis” or “Indy” script on the away jersey.

Someone on Twitter (I refuse to call it "X") suggested this too, and while when I first tried "Indianapolis" I thought it was too long, looking at it now, I honestly don't mind it:

WOBfPcZ.png

22 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

As well as incorporating the relocation teams into the Arrows identity.

I thought about doing this, but since the Arrows had the benefit of the prototype uniforms to go off of, I figured I would stick them all under this one brand identity.

25 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

For example, using the Arrows “A” in an “A’s” jersey logo

This could work maybe with the red alt:

xeup7u4.png

32 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

or a pinstriped white jersey.

A white pinstripe jersey might be a good time to try an "Indy" wordmark:

SflfUEK.png

I think it's a bit much, but I'll let you decide.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, MJD7 said:

WOBfPcZ.png

xeup7u4.png

SflfUEK.png

I think it's a bit much, but I'll let you decide.

• I think the grey jersey would benefit from a flat script in blue and red front numbers (much like the current Twins away uniform)

• The red jersey is absolutely perfect

• For the pinstripe white, I think “INDY” is a tad bit too short/tall/condensed 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

As well as incorporating the relocation teams into the Arrows identity. For example, using the Arrows “A” in an “A’s” jersey logo, or an interlocking I and C (Indy is nicknamed the “crossroads of America”), or a pinstriped white jersey.

9 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I thought about doing this, but since the Arrows had the benefit of the prototype uniforms to go off of, I figured I would stick them all under this one brand identity.

I was going to suggest the same thing, but I get why @MJD7 would be hesitant to do this since, as he said, the Arrows uniforms had already been figured out.

Still, I had this cool mental image of the Twins' current uniforms but with racing stripes (a la the '80s Indians) and an "Indy" script in the style of their home script for the road jersey. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I was going to suggest the same thing, but I get why @MJD7 would be hesitant to do this since, as he said, the Arrows uniforms had already been figured out.

Still, I had this cool mental image of the Twins' current uniforms but with racing stripes (a la the '80s Indians) and an "Indy" script in the style of their home script for the road jersey. 

The Indianapolis Indians have a “Circle City” jersey that could probably fit in the Arrows set as a pseudo-Twin Cities inspired jersey from the current Minnesota set

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

• I think the grey jersey would benefit from a flat script in blue and red front numbers (much like the current Twins away uniform)

The light blue would be way too close in value to the gray, to where it'd be essentially unreadable.

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

• For the pinstripe white, I think “INDY” is a tad bit too short/tall/condensed 

Yeah I agree, I'm not the biggest fan of it either. I think "Indy" just has too few letters for it to work. 

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I'll see what I can do. I tried a Pirates-inspired design already, but I wasn't big on it.

The Indianapolis Indians have a “Circle City” jersey that could probably fit in the Arrows set as a pseudo-Twin Cities inspired jersey from the current Minnesota set

Funny enough, that font looks nearly identical to the "Twin Cities" font.

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Norfolk Tides (Marlins)]

I love the Tides! I do have to wonder how the set would look with a seafoam-ish teal instead of green. I like the orange in the set, but if I remember correctly, it was added because the team is an affiliate of the O's - what would it look like without?

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt