MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

31 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Rays relocate to Orlando (and change their name)?

This is the same premise as my original Rays → Orlando design, but if they changed their name to the group campaigning to get a team there, the "Dreamers." I based the color scheme off of the stadium renderings.

D0TlskG.png

FhrC9Wm.png

urddJEx.png

UYi2AX5.png

Great work on this one! It's impressive to see someone make orange and purple work well. With that said, could we see a version of the purple jersey with white pinstripes? It'd be fairly unique for the MLB while also being cohesive with the set, but I just think it'd be cool to create a tie between them and the Orlando Magic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fortunat1 said:

Great work on this one! It's impressive to see someone make orange and purple work well. With that said, could we see a version of the purple jersey with white pinstripes? It'd be fairly unique for the MLB while also being cohesive with the set, but I just think it'd be cool to create a tie between them and the Orlando Magic.

Personally,  I think the whtie pinstripes come out a bit strong:

HsRhlic.png

I do really like the Magic's pinstripes on color jerseys though, I think that was a definite inspiration, if even subconsciously. Maybe some subliminal pins could work?

95LupkW.png

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Purple and orange is definitely more interesting than the boring blue and red from the mockup logo:

spacer.png

I dig the sublimated pins on the road alt, too. 

Yeah, red & blue was never gonna happen for Orlando. Plus, the font looks incredibly close to the Rockies' font, which has been a bit dated for at least a decade.

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Orlando Dreamers (Rays); San Antonio Missions (Marlins) Update]
2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Here's an update to the San Antonio Missions (former Marlins): This is much closer to what I was originally envisioning, as I finally found a font that's really close to the Minor League Missions' former font.

cH5yNkz.png

d2VsGCM.png

CUK93Wt.png

7qqFcJN.png

Any chance you could add a white stroke around the wordmark and numbers on the road jersey? I feel like the teal bleeds into the gray a bit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Any chance you could add a white stroke around the wordmark and numbers on the road jersey? I feel like the teal bleeds into the gray a bit. 

Sure:

Q2MODeo.png

I actually like how the teal interacts with the gray, but this wouldn't be bad, either.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Purple and orange is definitely more interesting than the boring blue and red from the mockup logo:

spacer.png

I dig the sublimated pins on the road alt, too. 

Yes, all we need is ANOTHER R/W/B team in profession/college sports.  Why are so many professional franchise and branding companies so averse to having color and originality?

• Like 2

On 9/6/2023 at 11:24 PM, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

How about making the lettering teal outlined in black?  It brings out the unique color, and the franchise does have a history of doing it from the early 90s. 

To be honest, I didn't intend on teal being the secondary color, as I originally wanted to balance each of the 3 "Fiesta" colors equally, but I just couldn't nail a design where that worked out. Here's a look at your suggestion, although it uses a bit too much teal for my tastes for this set:

9Xovwu5.png

n6BK9oY.png

On 9/7/2023 at 7:01 AM, CLEstones said:

Yes, all we need is ANOTHER R/W/B team in profession/college sports.  Why are so many professional franchise and branding companies so averse to having color and originality?

I do agree with your sentiment about having too many RWB teams in professional & collegiate sports, but I think the reason why makes sense: having your own unique color scheme is quite the risk, as not everyone is going to like it, and strong backlash is a lot more likely. The safe, conservative pick would be to go with the colors of the American flag, and stick with what works.

Now, hopefully recent risks that have paid off immensely such as the Miami Heat's "Vice" campaign and (seemingly) the Padres' return to brown would encourage more teams to forge their own unique identities if they have the opportunity.

On 9/7/2023 at 8:46 AM, coco1997 said:

I just noticed you added fiesta pattern side panels to the road alt. I like that a lot, as it gives that jersey a lot more personality. It definitely works a lot better here than on the Astros' navy alts. 

Yep! I almost included the side panels in the original version, but decided against it. I'm glad I brought it in this time around, as the black jersey needed more of a splash of color than it had before.

On 9/7/2023 at 12:55 PM, CLEFAN94 said:

Definitely can bet San Antonio would use the black jersey sparingly at home (if ever) whole set is 🔥 

If they had a dome, that would be less of a concern. Regardless, the black alt probably works better as mostly a road alt, anyway.

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Montreal Expos (Mets)]
8 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Mets relocated to Montreal (and changed their name)?

This one is a bit too conspiratorial for my tastes, but: Per @coco1997 & @DCarp1231: In 2014, an article alleged that the Wilpons were conspiring to move the team to Montreal so they could use Citi Field's land for mixed-use development.

YWqqKvN.png

BSNpVEW.png

8YNKPVY.png

XIvDhT2.png

Looks good (especially how you worked the Mets’ “M” into the road script) but I’d prefer you keep the “Mets” name, since it both predated and outlived the original Expos. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Looks good (especially how you worked the Mets’ “M” into the road script) but I’d prefer you keep the “Mets” name, since it both predated and outlived the original Expos. 

Since "Mets" is short for "Metropolitans," it didn't really make as much sense in Montreal as it did in New York, since Montreal is not even the biggest city in Canada. I suppose any city team could be named the Metropolitans, but it just didn't feel right in this case. If Montreal gets a team back, I think they'd be named the Expos in (nearly) every universe.

26 minutes ago, maxwasson said:

Nice job on the Metspos! Are we also gonna get the Rayspos soon?, because I'm sure everyone could a recall a time when the Rays were considering a timeshare between Tampa and Montreal for home games.

I've attempted it, but I didn't really get anywhere beyond "regular Expos with fauxback Rays font," and it didn't feel different enough to be worth posting. I'll try again & see if there's something unique I can do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Mets relocated to Montreal (and changed their name)?

This one is a bit too conspiratorial for my tastes, but: Per @coco1997 & @DCarp1231: In 2014, an article alleged that the Wilpons were conspiring to move the team to Montreal so they could use Citi Field's land for mixed-use development.

YWqqKvN.png

BSNpVEW.png

8YNKPVY.png

XIvDhT2.png

When the Coupon's even Met a relocation. You really can't kill ideas. Cue ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL METTING

• LOL 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Buffalo Bisons (Senators)]

Good job, for the following suggestions I laid out earlier regarding these teams, I have ideas for how they could work with a name change that fits the city

• Monterrey Expos > Monterrey Sultanes
  • New Jersey Expos > New Jersey Cherries
  • Sacramento Giants/Athletics > Sacramento Governors
  • San Jose Giants/Athletics > San Jose Bees
  • San Juan Expos > San Juan Crabbers
  • Dislike 1

gT1BtSs.png

8 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if… the (second) Senators relocated to Buffalo (and changed their name)?

Per @maxwassonMLB told representatives in Buffalo that they would get the Senators franchise if their dome could be built, but it fell through & the team moved to Texas. 

bvQ6SDW.png

acjBffp.png

fJXAADc.png

oZglaCh.png

I love it! Easily my favorite of your Bisons concepts. 

• Like 3