MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

On 9/8/2023 at 11:55 AM, maxwasson said:

Good job, for the following suggestions I laid out earlier regarding these teams, I have ideas for how they could work with a name change that fits the city

• Monterrey Expos > Monterrey Sultanes
  • New Jersey Expos > New Jersey Cherries
  • Sacramento Giants/Athletics > Sacramento Governors
  • San Jose Giants/Athletics > San Jose Bees
  • San Juan Expos > San Juan Crabbers

I’ve tried to only change names if it was absolutely necessary, and even then tried to use a name that had precedence. Most of these seem to fit only one if not neither of those criteria.

On 9/8/2023 at 12:12 PM, coco1997 said:

I love it! Easily my favorite of your Bisons concepts. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

What if… the Rays relocated to Montreal (and changed their name)?

It was largely publicized that the Rays at least considered splitting home games between Montreal & Tampa. I combined the Rays’ fauxback aesthetic with the Expos brand.

K7EVOiC.png

joeI0Tr.png

bhXWmVx.png

Wz3fRjY.png

• Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Montreal Expos (Rays)]
12 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if… the Rays relocated to Montreal (and changed their name)?

It was largely publicized that the Rays at least considered splitting home games between Montreal & Tampa. I combined the Rays’ fauxback aesthetic with the Expos brand.

K7EVOiC.png

joeI0Tr.png

bhXWmVx.png

Wz3fRjY.png

I like the idea of basing the revived Expos’ look on the Rays’ fauxbacks to create something new and different.

My only nitpick is that the “x” in “expos” looks a little wonky. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I like the idea of basing the revived Expos’ look on the Rays’ fauxbacks to create something new and different.

My only nitpick is that the “x” in “expos” looks a little wonky. 

Thanks! Yeah, the "x" was a bit tough to make, but I wanted it to retain the "roundedness" of most of the other letters.

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [New Jersey Yankees]
3 minutes ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Aight this timeline would surely mess me up

I mean the NY logo is iconic everywhere, even to people who don't follow baseball (like me lol)

Yeah, honestly I think even if the Yankees did move to New Jersey they'd still go by "New York" (much like the Giants and Jets do), but this was a fun experiment that feels completely wrong in every way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Yankees relocated to New Jersey?

Per @coco1997: In 1987, Mr. Steinbrenner met with the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority to discuss moving the Yankees to a new complex in the Meadowlands. I added some gold to the Yankees inspired by @raysoxNew Jersey design.

P0Zg23Q.png

IMRS9Nk.png

fYcqDUB.png

Wonderful! The gold trim is an unexpected addition, but I find myself really liking it. The "NJ" monogram looks fantastic, too.

I agree that if this move had happened, they probably would have kept the "New York" name, though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Wonderful! The gold trim is an unexpected addition, but I find myself really liking it. The "NJ" monogram looks fantastic, too.

I agree that if this move had happened, they probably would have kept the "New York" name, though. 

22 minutes ago, GrayJ12 said:

Holy cursed Batman.

But seriously, I like it. The flair of the gold is a great touch, and the blue alt looks really good.

Thank you both!

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [New Jersey Mets]
3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Mets relocated to New Jersey?

In 1971, with speculation that the Yankees might share Shea with the Mets, Mets chairman M. Donald Grant responded that he’d recommend moving the team to Jersey if this happened. Instead of NYC flag colors, I went with NJ flag colors.

zYO6A15.png

HARGwRU.png

LAdpclV.png

40rN1l8.png

YES! Blue and gold (buff) is exactly what I hoped you'd do for the NJ Mets. That "NJ" monogram is just gorgeous.

For comparison's sake, could we see the home whites sans pins and with piping based on either this jersey or the Mets' 1997 look?

• Like 2

If the move across the Hudson had happened, then I would like to think that the headspoon and the Tuscan font for the road would have stayed around, as it's a beautiful design and the Mets are a team for whom mismatched scripts for home and road make sense and just work.

Love to see the classic Mets road Jerseyfied.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

If the move across the Hudson had happened, then I would like to think that the headspoon and the Tuscan font for the road would have stayed around, as it's a beautiful design and the Mets are a team for whom mismatched scripts for home and road make sense and just work.

Love to see the classic Mets road Jerseyfied.

I thought about doing that, but didn't originally because I wasn't aware of a font that would match well with the Mets' road wordmark. But, since you requested it, I was able to find one that's pretty close (thanks to @Gothamite). I really only needed it for the "J" and the "S," as I replaced the rest of the letters with those present in the actual wordmark. Here's a look:

QN1EmXI.png

I quite like it, I'm honestly not sure which road jersey I prefer. It feels like they're both valid yet different directions to take the club's identity, either trending towards more modern or traditional. Thanks for the recommendation!

2 hours ago, GrayJ12 said:

I do think that the New Jersey state flag's colors do match really well with the Mets IMO (and are also a good color combination in general). It gives me Kent State vibes, which is good (coming from a Ball State fan). Keep up the good work!

Thank you!

• Like 2

What if... the Yankees relocated to New Orleans (and changed their name)?

New Orleans pitched the Yanks to move south in the late 70's, but negotiations broke down before they really began. I wasn't forced to settle on a new name for the team, but I suppose "Cajuns" could work.

MLHwL0q.png

lM8AxtE.png

hHOJQNe.png

• Like 4

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [New Orleans Cajuns (Yankees)]
5 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

New Orleans pitched the Yanks to move south in the late 70's, but negotiations broke down before they really began. I wasn't forced to settle on a new name for the team, but I suppose "Cajuns" could work.

MLHwL0q.png

lM8AxtE.png

hHOJQNe.png

I dig the premise of this one, but I'm not really feeling the "NO" monogram. How about something like the Negro League New Orleans Pelicans cap logo, with the "N" centered in the middle of the "O"?

spacer.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Actually, "Creoles" would be a much better name for a team located in New Orleans. "Cajuns" are located in other regions of the state Lafayette/Acadiana (which is west of Baton Rouge) and the Bayou Region (southwest of New Orleans, stretching along the coast over to Acadiana). 

• Like 5

gYH2mW9.png