MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

13 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Yeah, this looks great. The simplified piping was a good call, too, and looks closer to those Padres jerseys. 

Love this! The “Rangers” script is especially strong.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, MilSox said:

Great job on the scripts, but I feel like they would have gone with the Dallas Braves, and maybe had a logo like the old Chiefs one where the Indian is running across the plains states.... only with Texas, obviously.

Possibly, but even if they did, that logo would likely be long gone by now, and considerations would have to be made about possibly changing the name, as well. 

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Atlanta Eagles (Cleveland)]
3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... Cleveland's baseball team relocated to Atlanta (and changed their name)?

Per @coco1997: Prior to the Braves landing there in 1966, they were also & a contender for Atlanta. I went with the name "Eagles," as it's what Ted Turner considered renaming the Braves to in 1976.

eBxsnXL.png

UblzBIf.png

t3dyin6.png

og24s22.png

Great job once again on the scripts! 

I know you're going for a mainly Guardians-inspired look, but I can't help but think this concept, given the new identity, would be the perfect opportunity to work in the sleeve feathers

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Great job once again on the scripts! 

I know you're going for a mainly Guardians-inspired look, but I can't help but think this concept, given the new identity, would be the perfect opportunity to work in the sleeve feathers

Thanks! At first I thought the smooth, round shape of the feather would clash with the sharp, jagged wordmarks, but as a throwback, it could work...

BZKolEi.png

3 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I second the sleeve feathers. And also a similar shade of metallic gold Atlanta United use might work better than the black, or compliment it.

I kind of wanted to keep this one strictly to red & black, as I already utilized gold for a Guardians-inspired set for this series.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Thanks! At first I thought the smooth, round shape of the feather would clash with the sharp, jagged wordmarks, but as a throwback, it could work...

BZKolEi.png

The throwback looks great, but I think I have a way to make the feather work across the board. Is it possible to tweak the original feather design to look angular, similar to—and I hate to use this comparison—the one on Chief Wahoo’s head?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The throwback looks great, but I think I have a way to make the feather work across the board. Is it possible to tweak the original feather design to look angular, similar to—and I hate to use this comparison—the one on Chief Wahoo’s head?

I suppose it could work, but honestly the single feather motif still brings to mind Native American imagery to me, not an eagle, so I think it'd be best to avoid it personally.

W5RM23F.png

• Love 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Minnesota Vikings (Cleveland)]
48 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I suppose it could work, but honestly the single feather motif still brings to mind Native American imagery to me, not an eagle, so I think it'd be best to avoid it personally.

W5RM23F.png

This version is pretty awesome.  Can we see the road and alternates with updated sleeves?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

What if... Cleveland's baseball team relocated to Minneapolis (and changed their name)?

Per @coco1997: In 1957, GM Hank Greenberg was fired when it came to light that he started a secret campaign to move the team to Minnesota. I figured they'd maybe snatch "Vikings" before the NFL team.

J61iaaW.png

9GAoxVK.png

00Ja6ms.png

ru9tEM1.png

Would the Minnesota BASEBALL Vikings also be eternally cursed by the being best team in the MLB to never win a World Series? 

gT1BtSs.png

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... Cleveland's baseball team relocated to Minneapolis (and changed their name)?

Per @coco1997: In 1957, GM Hank Greenberg was fired when it came to light that he started a secret campaign to move the team to Minnesota. I figured they'd maybe snatch "Vikings" before the NFL team.

J61iaaW.png

9GAoxVK.png

00Ja6ms.png

ru9tEM1.png

Love this! Something about the "crude" look of the scripts works really well for a team called the "Vikings."

I'd love to see some sort of logo on the sleeve, either the actual Vikings logo or, as you suggested on Twitter, an "M" with Viking horns. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, teeray01 said:

This version is pretty awesome.  Can we see the road and alternates with updated sleeves?

I'd rather avoid it, because like I said it still feels like it references Native American imagery more-so than it does eagles.

7 hours ago, maxwasson said:

Would the Minnesota BASEBALL Vikings also be eternally cursed by the being best team in the MLB to never win a World Series? 

Hey now, that hits a little too close to home. 🫠😂

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Love this! Something about the "crude" look of the scripts works really well for a team called the "Vikings."

I'd love to see some sort of logo on the sleeve, either the actual Vikings logo or, as you suggested on Twitter, an "M" with Viking horns. 

Maybe something like this?

lggPXFS.png

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

I'd rather avoid it, because like I said it still feels like it references Native American imagery more-so than it does eagles.

Hey now, that hits a little too close to home. 🫠😂

Maybe something like this?

lggPXFS.png

In the words of a funny Secret Base documentary

AH DANG IT!

Also are you going to get to any of my suggestions (none of these are new)?

• Buffalo Bisons (Red Sox) Not my suggestion, but It has been requested in this thread
  • Grand Rapids Rippers (Cleveland)
  • New Orleans Pelicans (Pirates)
  • New Orleans Pelicans (White Sox)
  • Sioux City Cornhuskers (White Sox)

gT1BtSs.png

3 minutes ago, maxwasson said:

Also are you going to get to any of my suggestions (none of these are new)?

• Buffalo Bisons (Red Sox) Not my suggestion, but It has been requested in this thread

I already did this one.

4 minutes ago, maxwasson said:
  • Grand Rapids Rippers (Cleveland)
  • Sioux City Cornhuskers (White Sox)

These are both before the 1900's, I honestly don't feel the need to go that far back. Plus, I don't imagine there's many universes where those cities nor their team names last into the modern day.

8 minutes ago, maxwasson said:
  • New Orleans Pelicans (Pirates)
  • New Orleans Pelicans (White Sox)

I don't think changing the name to "Pelicans" would add much to either of these identities.

• Like 1

For my multiverse, I toyed with the name Minneapolis Saints before settling on Twin Cities Giants because I could incorporate Paul Bunyan into the team's identity. The logic being that teams were still typically named after cities in that era and Bloomington is on the Minneapolis side of the river. But Saints was the name of St. Paul's AA team and would still mark the big league club as being for both cities.

• Like 3

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Oakland Dodgers]
On 9/22/2023 at 12:44 PM, maxwasson said:

Well the franchise had already won the WS in 1920 and 1948, so unless you’re referring exclusively to their time in Minnesota, the answer is no.

spacer.png

spacer.png

18 hours ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Dodgers relocated to Oakland?

Although the Dodgers never seemed to have much interest, the City of Oakland Baseball Committee sent a letter to Walter O. Malley encouraging him to consider moving to the city. Green actually has precedence in Dodgers history.

d1qmjIg.png

yHWyzcu.png

nUhL2Cj.png

I’m not so sure the Dodgers would be so quick to drop their classic blue. I’m wondering how this might look in the classic blue and white but keeping green as an accent color (e.g., for the front numbers).

spacer.png

spacer.png