FIFA AMERICAS Concepts - Template Release / Brazil 8/30

raysox

1 hour ago, raysox said:

Colombia 6/20

For Colombia I looked at a a lot of kits for inspiration, but ended up doing something different and introducing a top split torso and navy sleeves. This might be more Ecuador than Colombia, but I thought the color blocking look nice. I made a gradient-ish look made by skewed bars. For the clash kit, I took the colors from the main kit and changed the hue and tone slightly for all of them and designed from there.

Americas-Colombia-2023.png

Americas-Colombia-2023-Clash.png

Love the subtle diamond/squares on the red top 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

5 hours ago, raysox said:

Colombia 6/20

For Colombia I looked at a a lot of kits for inspiration, but ended up doing something different and introducing a top split torso and navy sleeves. This might be more Ecuador than Colombia, but I thought the color blocking look nice. I made a gradient-ish look made by skewed bars. For the clash kit, I took the colors from the main kit and changed the hue and tone slightly for all of them and designed from there.

Americas-Colombia-2023.png

Americas-Colombia-2023-Clash.png

The home is good, I like the collar especially and this is the first home adidas shirt you've made that isn't blighted by huge back shoulder panels. The change kit has nice colours, but the shorts really should be a different colour other than wine red, as it doesn't pair that well with the shirt and socks and it's also the colour of Venezuela.

• Like 1

• raysox changed the title to FIFA AMERICAS Concepts - Colombia 6/30

Uruguay 7/30

Finally, a chance to test out the Puma cut for this project! I went with kind of a throwback look for Uruguay, not specific to them, but a bunch of tiny sublimated horizontal lines like something out of the 90s. The Puma logo is framed by a vertical stripe as well. The clash however, is a reverse retro of sorts. I saw this red jersey when looking for inspiration and I loved the designs of it. It isn't puma, but I dont think the manufacturer exists any more. I used a more royal blue and yellow from the nation's flag. Moved the Puma logo to the shoulders and center aligned the information on the chest to fit better.
Americas-Uruguay-2023.png

Americas-Uruguay-2023-Clash.png

I think i'm really close to releasing this. If you notice on the Uruguay clash, the sleeves are much wider than usual. I moved the cuff layers off each individual cut, to their own layer and gave a couple options. I've worked on Brazil before I went on vacation and it'll have a different sleeve than anything seen thus far as well.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• raysox changed the title to FIFA AMERICAS Concepts - Uruguay 7/30

Home for Uruguay is good except for the Puma logo being framed instead of the Uruguay badge, which is far more deserving to be framed than the manufacturer logo.

1 hour ago, raysox said:

I saw this red jersey when looking for inspiration and I loved the designs of it. It isn't puma, but I dont think the manufacturer exists any more.

NR still exist, but they don't supply any big teams anymore and mostly do retro products, usually from the 1980s.

• 2 weeks later...

So many tremendous concepts in here. The subtle details are great. And my favorite thing is your willingness to go off the primary colors on the clash kits. The Mexico clash kit is just perfect. The white stripe on the bottom of the Uruguay shirt is strange but somehow perfect. It feels like a Uruguay shirt in a way I can't explain.

I hope we get to see Jamaica kits! Keep it up.

• Love 1

Brazil 8/30

I'm sure I could have trotted out a yellow t-shirt and have been happy crossing off Brazil, but I wanted to do some small flourishes to really set a theme here. I did a sublimated wavy-dot pattern on the front to symbolize movement and sun, two things Brazil is known for. In my NCAA Lacrosse series that used a beta version of this template, I loved this little shoulder design when I could replicate a football uniform. I brought it back here. I also used my thin jersey cuff to test it out, and I think it really looks neat here. 

The blue I chose pops with the colors, and it was the logical choice for the clash kit. I used the Amazon river as the primary design, with it's estuaries stemming off from the main yellow line. I went classy with the cuffs and collar, and hid a small Brazilian flag in the collar.Americas-Brazil-2023.png

Americas-Brazil-Clash-2023.png

You know, I think there isn't much I can do moving forward with this that hasn't already been done. I want to do a few more CONCACAF teams that i've had ideas for, but for now i'm gonna sit back because it's taken 3 weeks to upload this concept.

That's why you can download this new template right HERE! I would love to see what you all can do with this. I think it's very easy to put together a concept, and had good reviews from the one person who has tried it for me. 

Maybe I do a Premier League concept competition in a week, and really boost this template that I'm sure will help every soccer designer on this board.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• raysox changed the title to FIFA AMERICAS Concepts - Template Release / Brazil 8/30

Thanks! It must be an input into Affinity problem, I must confess this is not something I know well.

EDIT: Something I do know well is how to Google things, even though that now requires you to add "reddit" at the end, since Google is broken. https://www.reddit.com/r/Affinity/comments/va7ceo/open_ai_adobe_illustrator_files_in_affinity/ This link explains the process to make it work in Affinity, if anyone here is an Affinity user.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-08-08 at 11:19 AM, raysox said:

Brazil 8/30

I'm sure I could have trotted out a yellow t-shirt and have been happy crossing off Brazil, but I wanted to do some small flourishes to really set a theme here. I did a sublimated wavy-dot pattern on the front to symbolize movement and sun, two things Brazil is known for. In my NCAA Lacrosse series that used a beta version of this template, I loved this little shoulder design when I could replicate a football uniform. I brought it back here. I also used my thin jersey cuff to test it out, and I think it really looks neat here. 
Americas-Brazil-2023.png

The blue I chose pops with the colors, and it was the logical choice for the clash kit. I used the Amazon river as the primary design, with it's estuaries stemming off from the main yellow line. I went classy with the cuffs and collar, and hid a small Brazilian flag in the collar.Americas-Brazil-Clash-2023.png

Okay, starting with the nitpick. Name below the logo should be BRASIL, with an S. We haven't used Brazil (with Z) in Portuguese language since 1942. Loved the southern cross in the back of the shirt, makes a nice reference to 1952 olympic jerseys, the first yellow ones.

For the home kit, I like the amount of light blue, it's a shame that light blue is underused, after all, it was the blue in the 1970s. I believe you could have even the letters and numbers in blue, for extra boldness, since your pattern in the front is quite plain. The yoke is a little pointless just as a line, I'd add some detail on it, maybe some text or detail related to Brazilian culture and football.

For the away, I miss green. After the last Nike away kits, I'm really into the Canucks look around here. I'm not sure this is supposed to be a polo jersey, and I don't think the texture matches the idea if this is a polo. If that's it. I'd maybe rework it, to make the collar more prominent. Also, the stars above the logo should be yellow, they look almost invisible in the blue.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 10:19 PM, raysox said:

That's why you can download this new template right HERE! I would love to see what you all can do with this. I think it's very easy to put together a concept, and had good reviews from the one person who has tried it for me. 

This is great! However, if I may ask, is it possible to request a PSD version? Thanks

• Like 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.