MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

23 hours ago, adsarebad said:

Sleeve ads... the gift that keeps on giving in the World Series.

can you believe this look?..... so cramped as well.

spacer.png

https://www.mlbshop.com/new-york-yankees/mens-new-york-yankees-aaron-judge-nike-white-2024-world-series-home-elite-player-jersey/t-25990954+p-359924819158026+z-9-3366499868?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

spacer.png

RIP beautiful  WS patches 😞

spacer.png

-

spacer.png

It looks genuinely blasphemous for any patch to be located above the interlocking NY on a Yankees jersey

• Like 8

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

It looks genuinely blasphemous for any patch to be located above the interlocking NY on a Yankees jersey

It's not as bad as the advertisement patch that's opposite the NY.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 10/20/2024 at 1:58 AM, adsarebad said:

Sleeve ads... the gift that keeps on giving in the World Series.

can you believe this look?..... so cramped as well.

spacer.png

https://www.mlbshop.com/new-york-yankees/mens-new-york-yankees-aaron-judge-nike-white-2024-world-series-home-elite-player-jersey/t-25990954+p-359924819158026+z-9-3366499868?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

It looks like somebody accidentally sewed a cap patch onto the front of the jersey. The Yankee$ don't have a sleeve patch (save for the abominable ad patch) and the Dodger$ only have that repeated cap logo on the non-advert sleeve, so why not just put the damned WS patches on the sleeves? Do we think someone will not know the Dodger$ play in LA? Can they live for seven days without the second cap logo on the sleeve?
(This would have been a harder question for the Mets, but I think they'd be happy to go a week without the skyline patch to have WS patches on their jerseys. Oh, well... )

Edited by M59
Close parentheses
  • Like 3
  • Eyeroll 1

My question is: why are these championship series patches necessary on the jerseys in the first place??? (And I mean across sport...NFL, NBA, etc.) I guess that's another revenue generator for fan apparel?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

59 minutes ago, tBBP said:

My question is: why are these championship series patches necessary on the jerseys in the first place??? (And I mean across sport...NFL, NBA, etc.) I guess that's another revenue generator for fan apparel?

I like them because it adds to the "specialness" of the event.  It's not just a regular-season series.  

Also, when you look back at photos, you can usually tell that it was from a WS game.  Also, I'm not a jersey guy, but I could see wanting one with the patch to remind yourself of a good moment for your team.

I'm a big fan of the silver templated Super Bowl patches, and also the '90s SCF patch.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I like them because it adds to the "specialness" of the event.  It's not just a regular-season series.  

Also, when you look back at photos, you can usually tell that it was from a WS game.  Also, I'm not a jersey guy, but I could see wanting one with the patch to remind yourself of a good moment for your team.

I'm a big fan of the silver templated Super Bowl patches, and also the '90s SCF patch.

I feel like the MLB adding the WS patches to the back of the jerseys (ala NBA Finals style) could fix the cluttering issue. They created another problem for themselves by including ads to begin with.

• Dislike 1

rAUPGPZ.png

10 minutes ago, GrayJ12 said:

I feel like the MLB adding the WS patches to the back of the jerseys (ala NBA Finals style) could fix the cluttering issue. They created another problem for themselves by including ads to begin with.

Right - that would be them navigating around a problem that they created in the first place.  Putting them on the back makes them far less impactful.  I'd prefer the Nike or sleeve ad to be on the back, but they'd never pay for it for that exact reason.

I don't think there's any good solution to getting out of the corner they've backed themselves in.  WS games are going to look like college football games with the team logo, conference logo, bowl-game logo, Nike logo, etc.

• Like 1

I wonder if the Yankees will wear the so called Gold Program jersey for the first couple of games next season, if they win the World Series this year.

I don't think they did in 2010.

Can anyone tell me what year that whole gold jersey thing started, and which championship teams choose to wear them, and which teams did not? 🤔

1 hour ago, adsarebad said:

I wonder if the Yankees will wear the so called Gold Program jersey for the first couple of games next season, if they win the World Series this year.

I don't think they did in 2010.

Can anyone tell me what year that whole gold jersey thing started, and which championship teams choose to wear them, and which teams did not? 🤔

The Red Sox had gold trimmed jerseys for their home opener in 2005, but only for them for the pregame ring ceremony.

The Phillies seem to be the first one's that wore god trimmed jerseys in game in 2009.

2 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

The Red Sox had gold trimmed jerseys for their home opener in 2005, but only for them for the pregame ring ceremony.

The Phillies seem to be the first one's that wore god trimmed jerseys in game in 2009.

Awful.  They should have made the stars gold and called it a day.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Awful.  They should have made the stars gold and called it a day.

Making the stars gold would have been perfect- subtle but special.

They could have added a gold or red/gold outline to the cap logo if they felt they needed more.

1 hour ago, RobertG said:

Making the stars gold would have been perfect- subtle but special.

They could have added a gold or red/gold outline to the cap logo if they felt they needed more.

They also could've just had the gold outline around the script like on the cream jersey, but the home & aways then had that big white patch like border.

7 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I think they should bring this back. If you're going to brag, you might as well go all the way.

spacer.pngspacer.png

They should also make sure Kathy Englebert is there--properly attired, as she's proven she will do--if and when the Yanks bring those back.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||