Untouchable NFL Uniforms

CC97

Well, it is only an opinion.

I don't think there's any uniform that's untouchable. Everything could be tweaked a little here and there. It's just a matter of what direction a designer wants to take them. Should they go modern, yet still very traditional, or should they have a total redesign?

Philadelphia - These are excellent uniforms. Yes, they went trendy and made all the colors darker. But they are stylish but not glaring. The only fault I see is that the green is too dark to see the black and silver in them. If the green were a shade lighter, the black would show up better and all the graphics would pop out more.

St. Louis - Picture perfect color scheme? No, just modern, darker versions of the originals. Updated font, more metallic paints, and there you go. Again, not a bad update at all, but let's not get overcomplimentary about them.

Tennessee - No reference to the Oilers here at all. The color scheme stands out because it's so different from everyone else in the league. It's a clean design, and definitely a 180 from the Oilers duds. The reason the font might scream "Titans" is because they're the only team that uses it. I don't think "Broncos" when I see the Insignia font. I don't like it personally...a little too futuristic.

San Diego - A team lost in the navy blue epidemic flooding the league. I think a change back to the late 80s/early 90s blue would work. The current ones are very boring...a little lightning bolt stripe on the sleeve is all that separates it from the Bills older uniforms. The throwbacks can be used sparingly.

Green Bay - They're named after MEAT packers, not CHEESE packers. The fans are cheeseheads because it's Wisconsin. Classic uniforms. Could they be modernized a bit? Sure. Maybe a slightly darker gold (not necessarily metallic), and it could outline the numbers on both jerseys. Or 3-color outlines, similar to what the Chargers have now. Nothing drastic. They've had a few tweaks over the years, so change is not going to ruin the epic legends of the past dynasties.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Could we have a little more homerism, please? I mean, really, the Eagles have too little differentiation between their charcoal and silver on their numbers, which in turn don't stand out that well from the green. Don't get me wrong, I love the uniforms, but the colors could be re-worked slightly.

Packers - named after cheese? C'mon, let's know what we're talking about.

It's where I sit.

Before I say this, I mean no offense, and this is my basic opinion.

What you put there would be a decent board post, or conversation starter.

But it doesn't make a good column.

If you're writing a column, it should be of a much greater length, follow a much more constructed form, and generally try and prove a point, or make a statement on something, instead of just putting up a two paragraph list of something. I mean, Look at JQK's column a few months back, or the Discrimipaper: They actually have a greater purpose and are worth the effort to read as a singular piece.

these first three or so articles are kind of just short things im getting off my chest - come article 4: im expanding the thing big time

the first three are "start-ups" so dont worry

The problem is, if we read these "start-ups", we're likely dis-inclined to read the real thing (on the basis of what habsfannova said -- it could have been a thread instead).

JMODO

It's where I sit.

im sorry, but i just dont really agree with any of these, other than the packers.

philly- a bit of homerism goin'on. they do have nice unis, but the #s really bug me. the charcoal is too indistinguishable between the dark green and the black, so it all just blends together to make they look sloppy.

st louis - again, a good set, but not close to untouchable. theyve only had this current scheme for a few years, so tweaking is still possible

chargers- need to be stray away from the navy blue craze and go back to their powder blue roots.

MY untouchables: Oakland, GB, Chicago, NYG, Cleveland

im sorry, but i just dont really agree with any of these, other than the packers.

philly- a bit of homerism goin'on. they do have nice unis, but the #s really bug me. the charcoal is too indistinguishable between the dark green and the black, so it all just blends together to make they look sloppy.

st louis - again, a good set, but not close to untouchable. theyve only had this current scheme for a few years, so tweaking is still possible

chargers- need to be stary away from the navy blue craze and go back to their powder blue roots.

exactly how I feel.

chargers- need to be stary away from the navy blue craze and go back to their powder blue roots.

exactly how I feel.

See, I don;t know why these are good uniforms. You can say whatever you want about them being classic and traditional, but in reality they're downright boring. The Browns have an orange jersey, with some white and brown striping. They dont even have a logo on the helmet (I don't know what they should put on, bu im just saying). The packers are green with yellow strpies and have a G inside an oval for the logo. The bears have brown jerseys and a C as the logo. The giants just have blue and gray unis with the logo of NY. I just don't understand what it is with old traditional stuff here, to me its just boring.

Howard1.jpg

I don't believe there is an untouchable uniform. If the right design is brought forth, any uniform can change. Take the Broncos for example. Beforehand, many people would have considered the royal blue and orange as untouchable. Then the new unis were unvealed. Sure, people bitched about it (some still do). Winning and the passage of time is fixing that.

At some point, the retro craze will end. Uniform design will cater to the younger generation. This means most of us on this board will be grumpy old men sitting on a couch, yearning for the Bills uniform from 2003. :D

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I won't be one of them, the Bills' current look is one that needs to be junked. NOW.

On the other hand, if anyone dares mess with my Patriots' look...well, let's just say there'll be trouble! ^_^

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I won't be one of them, the Bills' current look is one that needs to be junked. NOW.

On the other hand, if anyone dares mess with my Patriots' look...well, let's just say there'll be trouble! ^_^

I second that completely.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived