This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

At some point you have to say that's enough. Memphis and Detroit I can understand. The first year neither team played a home game. The second year, the Panthers played a home game in Canton instead of Detroit because of how the USFL made the schedule and Memphis were an OK team that didn't make the playoffs. This year for the Panthers, late season ticket sales, lack of support from Ford Field and other issues affected them more than the rest of the league. The Stallions have the best player in the league and an exciting team, they shouldn't be dragging at the rear of the pack in attendance.  The home opener and the Battlehawks game is doing a lot of work lifting up the rest of the schedule. The CFL debacle burned quite a few cities, but that was on the U.S. owners as much as the CFL trying to survive the 1990's. 

I'd still get rid of Michigan and Memphis before Birmingham. They have a better chance at long-term success than those two markets, IMO.

28 minutes ago, McCall said:

Where would an OKC team play? Everybody talks about them being a potential expansion, yet there's no stadium in OKC for them to actually play in.

That was my response in the comments.  Milwaukee is in the same boat: no stadium for football.  

8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

That was my response in the comments.  Milwaukee is in the same boat: no stadium for football.  

Yeah. I'd happily bring in both cities, but people fail to think about there being an actual stadium for them to play in. I guess they think too much along the lines of the NFL, or even MiLB, where a city will build a stadium for an expansion team. But this league is not established enough for that to happen at this point.

2 hours ago, McCall said:

Yeah. I'd happily bring in both cities, but people fail to think about there being an actual stadium for them to play in. I guess they think too much along the lines of the NFL, or even MiLB, where a city will build a stadium for an expansion team. But this league is not established enough for that to happen at this point.

For Oklahoma City, there's one out in the suburbs, but that seats 80,000 and that University that owns it won't be open to having spring football at that stadium.  That being of course, the University of Oklahoma.  

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

For Oklahoma City, there's one out in the suburbs, but that seats 80,000 and that University that owns it won't be open to having spring football at that stadium.  That being of course, the University of Oklahoma.  

I also just recently found out Central Oklahoma in Edmond has a 12,000-seat stadium. Could possibly work, at least short-term, but not sure people want to travel to the northernmost edge of the northernmost suburb for a spring league football game.

Central-Oklahoma.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, McCall said:

I also just recently found out Central Oklahoma in Edmond has a 12,000-seat stadium. Could possibly work, at least short-term, but not sure people want to travel to the northernmost edge of the northernmost suburb for a spring league football game.

Central-Oklahoma.png

The one hope for a possible UFL team is this:  MAPS 4 Multipurpose Stadium | City of OKC

More here:

New MAPS 4 Soccer Stadium Could Land In Bricktown (news9.com)

1 minute ago, McCall said:

That's only gonna be an 8,000-seater.

With attendance in the UFL closer to that number for most places, 8,000 seats is not a bad idea.  

• Like 1

MY TEAM IDEAS FOR UFL OKLAHOMA:

If Tulsa:

Tulsa Racers

(based on the Chili Bowl Nationals event in Tusla)

Tulsa 66ers

(based on the infamous U.S. Route 66 in America)

Tulsa Twisters

(weather-based team)

Tulsa Tomahawks
(based on Native Americans in Oklahoma)

If Oklahoma/OKC:

Oklahoma Tentacles
(Based on the legendary creature; the Oklahoma Octopus)

Oklahoma Rush

(Based on the first land run in 1889)

Oklahoma Dust Devils

(Based on the infamous Dust Bowl in the 1930s)

Oklahoma Wildcats
(Based on the ride in Six Flags Frontier City)

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

With attendance in the UFL closer to that number for most places, 8,000 seats is not a bad idea.  

If you're moving a team, it better be for somewhere that gets you more than 8,000 fans in seats each week. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

If there's no other stadium option in the market, then yes, it's a very bad idea. You're capping your attendance at 8k with no room for growth. And 8k is NOT a successful long term attendance figure.

19 minutes ago, TheAnt755 said:

MY TEAM IDEAS FOR UFL OKLAHOMA:

If Tulsa:

Tulsa Racers

(based on the Chili Bowl Nationals event in Tusla)

Tulsa 66ers

(based on the infamous U.S. Route 66 in America)

Tulsa Twisters

(weather-based team)

Tulsa Tomahawks
(based on Native Americans in Oklahoma)

If Oklahoma/OKC:

Oklahoma Tentacles
(Based on the legendary creature; the Oklahoma Octopus)

Oklahoma Rush

(Based on the first land run in 1889)

Oklahoma Dust Devils

(Based on the infamous Dust Bowl in the 1930s)

Oklahoma Wildcats
(Based on the ride in Six Flags Frontier City)

If a UFL team plays in Tulsa, they'd more than likely go by "Oklahoma".

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If you're moving a team, it better be for somewhere that gets you more than 8,000 fans in seats each week. 

No teams should move for 2025 anyways.   I would give them one more year.  

• Like 2

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

I don't think I've ever seen this many turnovers in a single quarter of football. 

I’m stuck between thinking this game has been horrendous or exciting. I want Michigan to win, but they keep shooting themselves in the foot.