Fictional Conference Logo - Empire East Conference

raysox

You may or may not remember the last time I did this sort of concept, but for a conference of mid-majors on the Great Plains

Nobody knows what's going to happen when the super conferences emerge. Hell, the Pac-12 imploded since I made the concept above. The ACC may be on shaky footing, and the Big XII is collecting the next generation of schools going from mid-major to major.

But in this universe, what if there was a return to a regional conference? Introducing my new conference proposal, the Empire East Conference. The footprint is similar to the Big East of the 2000s, but collecting teams over 5 conferences, and the Independents. 

Let's start with branding. I think the identifiers "Big" "Atlantic"  are off limits because of current conference trademarks. This is different from the Big East in the sense that it was formed as a football conference. The ACC is obviously the conference that would block an Atlantic name. I don't want to box myself in to Northeast either, since the only reasonable expansion would be to grow outwards south and west. What about something patriotic since most of the teams will be from original colonies? Well, there's the American Athletic Conference, the America East Conference, the Patriot League, the Colonial Athletic Association. 

That lead me to wanting to do something bold. I had a concept that kickstarted this whole thing but it just didn't feel captivating. Then, while I was looking at state nicknames, inspiration struck. New York is the Empire State, and three teams would be from there. Not only that, but it's the cradle of the beginning of the United States' Empire. Add a signifier, and bam I think i'm on to something. So without further adieu, here is my logo for the Empire East Conference. It's a bold shield with an E, partially made out of a compass arrow pointing north east. The 9 lines at the bottom symbolize a skyline, and the 9 original states this conference's footprint is in. 
Empire-East-Logo.png

Empire-East-Conference.png

The teams were fun to put together in a group. They are the 13 of the 14 most north easternly schools in FBS, with the outlier being Penn State. I felt like they were too big for this sort of conference now. To replace them, I made Delaware an offer they couldn't refuse to jump to FBS. I think this team would be fine in football, and lift a few schools like Buffalo, Connecticut, and Rutgers up. Although  lacrosse would be probably the best sport for the entire conference. If you're wondering, the next two I would pull up would be New Hampshire and Ohio.
Empire-East-14-Map-copy.png
Empire-East-Swatches-copy.png

Then for fun, here is the ACC scheduling system, where you have 3 rivals to play every year, then alternate between the other two groups of 5.

Empire-East-14-Opponents-copy.png

I guess let me know what you think! I enjoy doing this sort of concept a lot, and had the plans for this well before the logo.

• Like 13
  • Love 2

Another great job.  I hope you can extend this series to non-football conferences. It seems as though the Big East and A-10 are full of Catholic schools that could form their own regionally appropriate Midwest and Eastern conferences.

Eastern: Duquense, Fordham, Georgetown, Providence, Seton Hall, St. Bonaventure, St. John's, Villanova... maybe throw in UMass or BU to get the Boston market and/ or the other Phily schools.

Midwest: Butler, Creighton, Dayton, DePaul, Detroit, Loyola, Marquette, Notre Dame, Saint Louis, Xavier

33 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

The logo definitely reminds me of one of the most clever logos to exist: Northwest Airlines

spacer.png

Holy hell you weren’t kidding

• Like 2

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

On 9/28/2023 at 2:22 PM, raysox said:

You may or may not remember the last time I did this sort of concept, but for a conference of mid-majors on the Great Plains

Nobody knows what's going to happen when the super conferences emerge. Hell, the Pac-12 imploded since I made the concept above. The ACC may be on shaky footing, and the Big XII is collecting the next generation of schools going from mid-major to major.

But in this universe, what if there was a return to a regional conference? Introducing my new conference proposal, the Empire East Conference. The footprint is similar to the Big East of the 2000s, but collecting teams over 5 conferences, and the Independents. 

Let's start with branding. I think the identifiers "Big" "Atlantic"  are off limits because of current conference trademarks. This is different from the Big East in the sense that it was formed as a football conference. The ACC is obviously the conference that would block an Atlantic name. I don't want to box myself in to Northeast either, since the only reasonable expansion would be to grow outwards south and west. What about something patriotic since most of the teams will be from original colonies? Well, there's the American Athletic Conference, the America East Conference, the Patriot League, the Colonial Athletic Association. 

That lead me to wanting to do something bold. I had a concept that kickstarted this whole thing but it just didn't feel captivating. Then, while I was looking at state nicknames, inspiration struck. New York is the Empire State, and three teams would be from there. Not only that, but it's the cradle of the beginning of the United States' Empire. Add a signifier, and bam I think i'm on to something. So without further adieu, here is my logo for the Empire East Conference. It's a bold shield with an E, partially made out of a compass arrow pointing north east. The 9 lines at the bottom symbolize a skyline, and the 9 original states this conference's footprint is in. 
Empire-East-Logo.png

Empire-East-Conference.png

The teams were fun to put together in a group. They are the 13 of the 14 most north easternly schools in FBS, with the outlier being Penn State. I felt like they were too big for this sort of conference now. To replace them, I made Delaware an offer they couldn't refuse to jump to FBS. I think this team would be fine in football, and lift a few schools like Buffalo, Connecticut, and Rutgers up. Although  lacrosse would be probably the best sport for the entire conference. If you're wondering, the next two I would pull up would be New Hampshire and Ohio.
Empire-East-14-Map-copy.png
Empire-East-Swatches-copy.png

Then for fun, here is the ACC scheduling system, where you have 3 rivals to play every year, then alternate between the other two groups of 5.

Empire-East-14-Opponents-copy.png

I guess let me know what you think! I enjoy doing this sort of concept a lot, and had the plans for this well before the logo.

Nice job, but I wonder what the new Mountain West looks like, since it looks here it has a completely new logo and also what that's "GCC" conference that's in there?

QNXVyki.png

On 10/1/2023 at 12:51 PM, maxwasson said:

Nice job, but I wonder what the new Mountain West looks like, since it looks here it has a completely new logo and also what that's "GCC" conference that's in there?

Well you did quote me linking the GCC thread, so i would read posts. But so you REALLY see it

The Mountain West logo is another concept I poster here last year, which I forgive you a little more for.

yes. this is exactly what I want to happen. glad you agree calling up Delaware for this sort of thing is the right move, too - it really feels like the only thing holding them back from being an FBS school is them not really fitting into any conference's geographical footprint (aside from maybe the Sun Belt?). mostly I just want Syracuse to be in a conference with Rutgers and WVU again. and without anyone south of Virginia. actually, on that note, I think you could make a stretch case for putting VT in here in some way.

53Ocz8U.png