Spring Football Concept: AAFL Project

WideRight

Clovers Crimson and Clover, over and over... DC (ok its actually maroon but close enough) vs Boston a rivalry separated by a 457 mile trip on the ACELA gives fans Beer Snakes vs Beantown, Foggy Bottom v Boston Common, The District v Cradle of Liberty.  I would have  preferred Atlanta for making travelling within the existing Eastern franchises easier as the closest road trip for 3 of the 4 existing teams, but Boston's identities are very well done.  The Clovers has potential to drift international back to Dublin if need be?  If the CFFL can flip 6 franchises (5 to Europe and 1 to Canada) anything is possible right? Ask the owner of the 10 time champion Toronto Tundra why... This fantasy league had suddenly relocated Louisville, Kansas, Oakland, Hartford, Orlando, Charlotte and Memphis for Aberdeen, Athens, Berlin, London, Stockholm, Toronto and Zagreb in the span of two seasons.  @WideRight has at least been open to European markets once in a Bills blue moon. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

OK, we only have 14 votes in, but this one is pretty obvious  (9 votes to 4) so I am going to put my vote in for the team in the lead. 

I had a feeling, plus I kinda wanted this one to win as well.

Boston Brings the Luck of the Irish to the AAFL with the Clovers Joining the League!!

The Boston Clovers are the 9th club to take part in the spring football league, with a definite Celtics vibe as they reveal their Kelly green, black and white uniforms.  The design features a 4-leafed clover logo and celtic know patterns throughout.  Predominantly green, with limited use of black as a piping color, the Clovers will stand out in a league that does not have another green-dominant club.  You will absolutely want to be there on opening day, St. Patrick's Day in 2029 as the Clovers bring the green to Harvard Stadium. 

spacer.png

(In case you were wondering, i did initially have the Celtic knot pattern in much heavier use, but it was way too much, so I toned it down to only portions of the sleeve and pant stripe.  Trust me, it got busy really fast.)

With both a Northeastern team added and a Top 12 market, where does the 2nd year spring league go for its final club.  Well, we are going to shake things up and create a head to head battle for franchise #10.  We are going to start with a pool of 7 NFL cities for contender #1.  With 24 hours to vote, we will pick the NFC City representative. We will follow that up with a 2nd 24-hour poll for the non-NFL city representative, and then on Thursday we will vote only between those two cities to pick Team #10.  

So, here we go, 24 hours to pick ourTeam 10 NFL City finalist from these 7nominees:

NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY

LOS ANGELES

CHICAGO

DALLAS

ATLANTA

MIAMI

DETROIT

Cast your votes and make your case.  One of these 6 cities will battle a non-NFL city for the right to join the league for their 2nd season.   We will match them up against one of the 6 remaining non-NFL cities that are in the Top 35 markets (as required by the league's TV partners).  

• Like 6
  • Love 2

NY/NJ you already know

I mean now that we have Boston, it's only right, as the rivalry and money flow is RIGHT. THERE.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

As much as I wanted to vote for Atlanta before for travel purposes, Detroit makes better sense this time around because of its proximity to existing Eastern franchises in St. Louis (519 miles), DC (526 miles) and Boston (742 miles) and filling a need on the map for a team in the Upper Midwest.  I figure the Crawdads will move West, which gives them a better chance to foster a divisional rivalry with the Apollos, however the rest of the West is more difficult, likely to add to New Orleans travel costs.