On 2/17/2024 at 1:34 PM, Coiler said:

Brewers to Seattle?

I actually hadn't planned on doing that one, but you just gave me an idea for what I can do. Watch this space. 👀

What if the Kansas City Athletics moved to Philadelphia?

KANSAS CITY ATHLETICS (1921)

HOME:

Kansas-City-A-s-Home-1921-lighter-blue.p

ROAD:
Kansas-City-A-s-Road-1921-lighter-blue.p

Notes:

- A touch of red is added to the Philadelphia A's royal blue to create a look similar to the Kansas City Monarchs
- Both jerseys feature the A's primary logo on the front. 

PHILADELPHIA ATHLETICS (2024)

HOME:
Phila-A-s-Home-2023.png

ROAD:
Phila-A-s-Road-2023.png

HOME ALT:
Phila-A-s-Home-Alt-w-monogram-2023.png

ROAD ALT:

Phila-A-s-Road-Alt-different-P.png

Notes:

- My modern-day Philadelphia A's swap out Oakland's green and gold for the blue and gold of the Philadelphia flag, which are seemingly the same colors as the Phillies' upcoming City Connect uniforms

- The road jersey repurposes the block "PHILA" wordmark used by the Sixers. Oakland's early-mid '80s A's unis featured a similar arched block wordmark.  

- An Old English style Philly "P" is used for the road cap logo. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 5

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Reverse Relocations! (Kansas City/Philadelphia A's 2/18)
On 2/18/2024 at 5:53 PM, Coiler said:

Nice to liberate the As from the shackles of green!

Thanks! 

What if the Milwaukee Brewers became the Seattle Pilots?

MILWAUKEE BREWERS (1969)

HOME:
Brewers-Home-Tuscan-style.png

ROAD:

Brewers-Road.png

Notes:

- I wasn't planning on tackling the Brewers/Pilots, given the Pilots only lasted one season. However, since @Coiler asked, I felt it was only right to include them. 

- The home set is based on Seattle's home uniforms, with a beer barrel and tiny "BREWERS" wordmark on the left breast and wheat stalk-styled sleeve stripes. 

- Seeing as those original Brewers' unis were essentially Pilots hand-me-downs, I figured Milwaukee would've had a slightly different look had they predated the Pilots. The Tuscan-style wordmarks and numbers are thus based on these Brewers prototype unis from 1970.  

SEATTLE PILOTS (2024)

HOME:

Pilots-Home-w-captain-stripes.png

ROAD:

Pilots-Road.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:

Pilots-Alt.png

Notes:

- The modern day Pilots' are based heavily on the Brewers, with home pinstripes and a gold-front paneled road cap. 

-  I was tempted to go navy and teal (presupposing that the Pilots, like the Mariners, would eventually ditch their original blue and gold in favor of the M's' current colors) but ultimately decided against it, as I was dead-set on keeping Seattle's captain's sleeve stripes, which don't work in any color but gold. The captain's stripes also carry over to the sock design. 

- The alt features a new "Seattle" script and Washington state sleeve patch, a la the Wisconsin patch on the Brew Crew's alternate jersey. 

And that should do it! C&C appreciated as always, and thanks to everyone who followed along! 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Reverse Relocations! (Brewers/Pilots 2/20)
6 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

I just realized that Brewers to Seattle would still make sense if the name wasn't changed

Although brewing this time would refer to coffee, not beer

I actually had this exact idea a few years ago and shared it here:

• Like 1