Wideright's NFL Redux 2024-- MIA/BUF Added 3/16

WideRight

Saints

I would have the state on the sleeve caps.

Home: Gold state with black or white fleur-de-lis.

Road: Black state with gold fleur-de-lis.

Cowboys

What would happen if the steel blue pants were used with both the light and dark jerseys?

Giants

How would white pants look with the white jerseys?

Commanders

Why not embrace the Hogs? Or Warthogs? I dunno. Up to you.

A tad tardy, so my apologies, but I was hoping you’d go back to the old gold for the saints, the true throwback white helmet for Dallas with the plain star and two stripes, and use the Giants’ older blue more. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Decided to finish up the AFC East.  Starting with the Fins.  I doubt I will change much for the Bills as I love their current look. 

MIAMI DOLPHINS

spacer.png

NOTES;

1. Went back to the logo from the late 90's, which I think was their finest, far better than the airline logo they use now.  

2. Also opted to keep the navy blue added at that time.

3. Jersey is heavily based on pre-2000's look, with logos on the sleeves and the cuff being the only striping.  

4. Opted for a motif of a thick main stripe with two thinner stripes, one of which is always Navy.

5. Miami can go white over white in the hotter months, but should never go aqua over aqua.

6. Wanted to do something other than invert the colors for the alt uniform. Not sold on the ombre effect as the right thing. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

And the Bills, with a new alt idea. 

BUFFALO BILLS

spacer.png

NOTES

1. Most of the current look stays, with just a few tweaks and a wild new alt. 

2. Removed the last vestiges of navy from the horrible 2000's.

3. Decided to update the wordmark a bit with a script "Buffalo", which will appear on the jerseys. 

4. Kept the white facemask and the slightly widening helmet stripe.

5. Did the same effect to the pant stripe, slightly widening at the hip.

6. Created a new secondary logo from the script "B" and the front of the Bills logo.

7. White on white is possible, blue over blue should not be done.

8. Decided that we are assuming all teams have a standard throwback look, so no need to go the red helmet or standing buffalo look.   Instead decided to lean into the snowy weather and go with a white over white over white look with only thin red and blue piping.  It would certainly be different.  Might drive the announcers crazy to try to read numbers. 

OK, on to a new division. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• WideRight changed the title to Wideright's NFL Redux 2024-- MIA/BUF Added 3/16
On 3/2/2024 at 3:32 PM, WideRight said:

One more for today.  The New England Patriots. 

As anyone can tell from my account name and avatar, I am a Bills fan, avidly since the age of 12.  So, I have not had much positive to say about the Patriots in a long time.  I liked the Patsies when they wore red, had Pat the Patriot on the helmet and won 3 games a year.  That is the natural order of things.  I am still convinced that Tom Brady, along with several of our post-1999 elections, and 9/11, and MTV never playing music, and Generation Z college kids wearing pajamas and fuzzy animal slippers to class, and a few other oddities, are all signs that the world ended at the Millennium and we are all actually living in pretty shoddily made matrix.  I mean, come on!!! Tuck rule my ass!!  

Anyway, I wanted to return the Patriots to their red-emphasis glory and their on-field irrelevance, so the design pulls in a lot of elements from the Steve Grogan era, along with a few nods to the early Belicheat (sorry force of habit) years.   Notes below. 

spacer.png

1. First off, Pat the Patriot is back.  It is a great logo.  Yes, a bit cartoony, but it is both a Patriot and a football player, what more could you ask for? And it sits on a white shell, which just works. 

2. One of my favorite Patriot looks ever was the pant set that they used only the 1st year of the Flying Elvis.  I love how the blue transitions to the red just as in the logo.  It works so well on the pants.  So, that style is back, now on white pants or inverted with red pants.  

3. I put the same basic stripe pattern on the helmet, and I think it works OK there, at least it is a bit different from just a straight up throwback look. 

4. I pulled in some more modern elements with the numbering, the first use of silver in the new look.  and I decided that while the shoulder stripe worked fine on the red jersey, it did not really pop for the white jersey, so I went with the shoulder stripe-colored sleeve combo, which I often like quite a bit. 

5. You will see I also reverted to the older "Patriotic" font for the wordmark.  It is very busy, but it is also very NE Patriots in my mind. 

6. The alt look brings back more of the recent elements of Patriot design, the silver helmet, blue jersey, etc.  I did not go fully Brady era, keeping the older pants and using a blue facemask instead of red.  I consider this their nod to blue as a dominant color but with a team that normally stresses red.  

So, before you critique this look, just know that my first version just had a repeating "cheaters" over and over as the stripe, and a poop emoji as the logo.  So, considering that, this is an act of kindness on my part for the Patriots.  

Ok as a Patriots fan I love this. Yes we were way more successful in blue, but I love the throwback look as well and you did a great job not only bringing it back, but also modernizing it in ways. The blue alt is beautiful as well. I really enjoy how you made these uniforms look patriotic without just putting stars and stripes everywhere. Amazing job

ZUH86xc.png

Back with the next team.  So far I had only offered one AFC North team, the Browns, so here is their Ohio state bestie, ok, their rival, Cincinatti.

spacer.png

This is largely based on a design I did back in 2020.  I added the all white look (notice no orange at all), because the Bengals got it about half right IRL.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1