NFL by mcrosby: 2024 Edition (7 of 32, Cincinnati)

mcrosby

10 hours ago, mcrosby said:

I'm struggling to come up with a good logo for Cincinatti. Would love to hear some suggestions!

nflqt0znh9ci2zoyzlri

Something like what was used for the draft might work. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think it looks the most 'tiger stripe' if you have some stripes coming down from the top of the letter and some coming up from the bottom. Like, if you did it similar to the bottom right one but with a fewer number of stripes like the top one, that might work best for the concept.  Making it Ohio-shaped is a bit of a shot across the bow of the Browns, but heck it's a rivalry, so why not let them be a bit petty, lol.

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Cincinnati Bengals: 
New logo for the Bengals, as we saw above. The Bengals helmet is so iconic that I think we see it as the logo more often than their actual logo. I considered going with a helmet as a logo, but that felt too Cleveland. Instead we get the state of ohio/C with helmet stripes. 

Home: Dey are the perfect team to rock a color shoulder over black/white base. I added lots of tiger stripes and the new logo on the sleeve caps. 

Away: I really like the way the white over white works for the Bengals, but I don't think I'd mind if they swapped pants for either set. 

Alternate: It's been in vogue to use an orange to white gradient for the bengals for a while, and that's totally fair. I used the gradient on jersey, helmet, pant stripe, and socks. I also added some side stripes to the jersey, because why not be a little weird? 

Hall of Fame: I used the helmet design seen in this 1968 photo of Paul Brown with a bunch of prototype helmets for the Bengals. The helmet feels beautifully vintage, and lends well to some great sleeve striping.  The orange here is a bit more muted than the modern orange. 

hIkaGxK.png

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

• mcrosby changed the title to NFL by mcrosby: 2024 Edition (7 of 32, Cincinnati)
On 4/29/2024 at 6:52 PM, neo_prankster said:

The tiger stripes look too much like lightning bolts.

Also, this would only work if the Bengals were the only team in Ohio.

Columbus Crew have an Ohio logo with another team in the state, and every team in Texas has a state logo, almost as a requirement. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Columbus Crew have an Ohio logo with another team in the state, and every team in Texas has a state logo, almost as a requirement. 

This one?

6462969e-5c63-4e15-8ff6-96de0ec8490c-Col

I actually was not aware this existed until you mentioned it. I was gonna say that the crew are older than Cincinnati's team but this appears to be part of the recent rebrand so not much precedent.

I will say that for Cincy, it'd be odd since part of their metro area is in Kentucky and among the 3 Cs, they are easily the least "Ohio." But if it annoyed Browns fans that only adds to the appeal I would think.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

This one?

6462969e-5c63-4e15-8ff6-96de0ec8490c-Col

I actually was not aware this existed until you mentioned it. I was gonna say that the crew are older than Cincinnati's team but this appears to be part of the recent rebrand so not much precedent.

I will say that for Cincy, it'd be odd since part of their metro area is in Kentucky and among the 3 Cs, they are easily the least "Ohio." But if it annoyed Browns fans that only adds to the appeal I would think.

cleveland-browns-dog-logo-v0-l1plabmrdoy

His right ear/our left is supposed to represent the state of Ohio, so both teams would have the state logo in their logo sets. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I believe the main problem that the Bengals have is the striping on the pants are never on point. I have just giving up on thinking tiger stripes on pants are good since they are complex.