2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

Did you see a black jersey game announced for the Eagles or where is this third game aside from the two kelly green ones?

The league did confirm that green is fine for Brazil.

Yeah Week 18 against the Giants from what I heard

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

It probably is. That seems to be standard procedure for the Eagles now.

Too bad. This would've been an elite color matchup for Christmas Day last year

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 7/21/2024 at 4:28 AM, ruttep said:

Too bad. This would've been an elite color matchup for Christmas Day last year

spacer.png

spacer.png

Replace the midnight green with the Kelly green throwbacks and you've got a winner for that game.

IDK why they seem to designate the Giants game as the all-black one every year.  I kinda wish the league would schedule that game for week 1 at 1:00 PM, because it's unlikely they'd wear them in that case.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

53 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I kinda wish the league would schedule that game for week 1 at 1:00 PM, because it's unlikely they'd wear them in that case.

Unlikely. The league prints money from NFC East games, it's why they're on national TV 83836273 times a season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Replace the midnight green with the Kelly green throwbacks and you've got a winner for that game.

IDK why they seem to designate the Giants game as the all-black one every year.  I kinda wish the league would schedule that game for week 1 at 1:00 PM, because it's unlikely they'd wear them in that case.

It might be because the Eagles' first opponent in the all-black was the Giants, although that was more due to Nike's issues producing the right shade of green in 2014. The Eagles players were saying they wanted Manning to "see ghosts", and the Eagles ended up obliterating the Giants, bad enough to pull Manning from the game. Except for 2017, the Eagles have worn all black hosting the Giants since.

So it could be in tribute to that story, or it could be like when certain teams go WAH against the Cowboys to make them wear their "cursed" navy jerseys.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

2017 Week 3 was the last time the Eagles wore green at home against the Giant in the regular season. I think every meeting since then has been in prime time or in November or December.

usatsi_10304231.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

The Giants at least have worn white Color Rush a couple times at home, forcing the Eagles in to green as the road team:

Giants-Eagles-Julian-Love.jpg?quality=75

2 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

that was more due to Nike's issues producing the right shade of green in 2014

weren't they still wearing the Ripon jerseys back then?  They were one of the initial holdouts.  I thought the switch to the Nike template and the whole production issue came later (but I could be mistaken.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

40 minutes ago, BBTV said:

weren't they still wearing the Ripon jerseys back then?  They were one of the initial holdouts.  I thought the switch to the Nike template and the whole production issue came later (but I could be mistaken.)

The Eagles switched to Nike in 2014, but Nike needed more time to get the green right because it was a custom color. As a result, the Eagles had to wear their white or black uniforms for the first half of the season. Here is a link for the full story.

Eagles To Wear Black For Early Part Of Season - CBS Philadelphia (cbsnews.com)

1 hour ago, PurpleHayes said:

Just realized this: the Dolphins have NEVER worn their aqua jerseys vs. the Seahawks, including the one time they met in preseason. The Seahawks can break that streak if they decide to go WAH in Week 3.

Doubt it will happen, Seahawks only did that because it was a 10 year anniversary of the superbowl win and they had that listed as one of their game themes last season, which they don’t this year. 

I also noticed that the Cowboys have never worn navy against the Seahawks, and the Jaguars have never worn black against the Seahawks (only teal twice)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

Doubt it will happen, Seahawks only did that because it was a 10 year anniversary of the superbowl win and they had that listed as one of their game themes last season, which they don’t this year. 

I also noticed that the Cowboys have never worn navy against the Seahawks, and the Jaguars have never worn black against the Seahawks (only teal twice)

You're right, and I also noticed the Cowboys have never worn their blue jerseys vs. the Ravens OR the Bengals. They've only worn blue jerseys vs. the Vikings once (2019) and the Packers once (2007), although against the Packers they wore their 60s throwbacks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

You're right, and I also noticed the Cowboys have never worn their blue jerseys vs. the Ravens OR the Bengals. They've only worn blue jerseys vs. the Vikings once (2019) and the Packers once (2007), although against the Packers they wore their 60s throwbacks.

I would say there's a shot they wear them against the Bengals this year on Monday Night Football. They did so last season against Detroit.

8 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

The Cowboys and Bengals had a game that was cancelled in 1982 during the strikeout. In the 1980s Cincinnati wore their white jerseys at home for September and October games. The Bengals had Dallas during an October game. If it weren't for the strike and cancellation of the game, that might have been a navy game for the Cowboys in Cincinnati.

13 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

I was really hoping to see this uniform matchup:

AP23259064228019.jpg?w=1024

Trevor-Lawrence-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Still have yet to see a nice purple vs. teal/aqua matchup:

YQIYJTJ7FSVDDEM4FMRPESVEKE.jpg?w=620

TBS-W-RAVENSJAGUARS-1218-p5.jpg?w=1024

USATSI_9741838_1481730627364_7340191_ver

BQ5RI5ZYUVNGU6PS5WNH3XKIAI.jpg?w=620

spacer.png

spacer.png

These are probably the closest we’ve seen to purple vs aqua/teal

spacer.png

This looks like if the dolphins and Vikings had a color rush game

• Like 3

7 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

These are probably the closest we’ve seen to purple vs aqua/teal

spacer.png

This looks like if the dolphins and Vikings had a color rush game

I thought of those games too, but the reverse is more what I mean (purple pants vs. aqua jersey). Closest we've gotten is probably Vikings at Eagles.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2024 at 10:15 AM, SportsFan12 said:

2017 Week 3 was the last time the Eagles wore green at home against the Giant in the regular season. I think every meeting since then has been in prime time or in November or December.

usatsi_10304231.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

The Giants at least have worn white Color Rush a couple times at home, forcing the Eagles in to green as the road team:

Giants-Eagles-Julian-Love.jpg?quality=75

Another year goes by with the Giants wearing their atrocious away uniforms. It's just so dumb. It was tolerable with the gray pants that had some blue stripes, pictured above. But ALL red and white below the helmet? I just don't get it. It's terrible. I'm usually down with the home and away having a quirky imbalance of primary color, but they went wayyy overboard. That second pic (color rush?) looks SO much better, with the single red stripe showing up on all elements. I just don't get it :(

• Like 11