2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

This Saints vs. Titans game already looks so much better than a year ago…

Saints wearing black/gold rather than all-black leotards

Titans wearing all-white again, but this time with contrasting navy socks rather than the all-white longjohns. Such a big difference.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

This has got to be a troll attempt.

I’m pretty sure this is just them saying that the Saints being back in the dome hits different given they’re finally back at home for the first time.

Us Saints fan commonly call the team the “black and gold.” I wouldn’t look too much into it. They’ll be back to all-black and all-white come week one…

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Akjudd15 said:

Can someone explain to me why team’s waste alternates on a preseason game

Teams with only one alternate don’t always use it all three times they are permitted to. Last year the Commanders only wore black twice without even wearing it in the preseason. I consider this a good thing in cases like this when it’s a bad uniform.

I used to think that teams should have "preseason jerseys", which would basically be their alts, except they'd only be worn in preseason so that the regular season is simply regular uniforms and throwbacks.  Like BP jerseys or spring-training jerseys. 

I now realize that just like how BP jerseys sometimes get worn in MLB games, the "preseason jerseys" would be worn just like the alts are today, which completely defeats my purpose.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I used to think that teams should have "preseason jerseys", which would basically be their alts, except they'd only be worn in preseason so that the regular season is simply regular uniforms and throwbacks.  Like BP jerseys or spring-training jerseys. 

I now realize that just like how BP jerseys sometimes get worn in MLB games, the "preseason jerseys" would be worn just like the alts are today, which completely defeats my purpose.

I remember the Browns did something like that when Hue Jackson was the head coach. What he did was make players "earn their stripes" by giving them helmets with no stripes. Along with being considered ridiculous, the team had one of the worst two-season stretches ever, if not the worst.

39 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

I remember the Browns did something like that when Hue Jackson was the head coach. What he did was make players "earn their stripes" by giving them helmets with no stripes. Along with being considered ridiculous, the team had one of the worst two-season stretches ever, if not the worst.

The Detroit Red Wings do something similar. Their regular season and playoff jerseys have vertically arched nameplates, but the Red Wings play preseason games with straight nameplates. Leads to uninformed people freaking out every preseason about the Red Wings changing their uniforms.

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ruttep said:

The Detroit Red Wings do something similar. Their regular season and playoff jerseys have vertically arched nameplates, but the Red Wings play preseason games with straight nameplates. Leads to uninformed people freaking out every preseason about the Red Wings changing their uniforms.

spacer.png

Except for them it's a matter of practicality, not a earn your arch bull:censored:. Straight names are way easier and faster to get done. Save the work for a smaller number

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Regular Season Week 1 (Part1)
Ravens at Chiefs
OnKbYVj.jpgjrkv1jj.jpg
Packers at Eagles
B5xP8kc.jpgyMfIIi3.jpg
Steelers at Falcons
PXqFo2O.jpgJHSPytY.jpg
Cardinals at Bills
Y5MS46Q.jpgWV6dtfl.jpg
Titans at Bears
IqxSjXr.jpgWm1MCnY.jpg
Patriots at Bengals
P1tX2JH.jpg nh3biwA.jpg
Texans at Colts
Pu1CeY7.jpg7TwJWWW.jpg
Jaguars at Dolphins
LLtQ8me.jpgaKlEpVG.jpg

Regular Season Week 1 (Part2)
Panthers at Saints
ey1NRRX.jpgpSA6qkV.jpg
Vikings at Giants
SACeO13.jpg1WagGjA.jpg
Raiders at Chargers
pnCmkta.jpg rbu6qaF.jpg
Broncos at Seahawks
4k89m2M.jpgZbMx5ev.jpg
Cowboys at Browns
qzVxrfL.jpg2qVl2gj.jpg
Commanders at Buccaneers
RxfYYdy.jpgskvR9zN.jpg
Rams at Lions
iJl3JED.jpgw0k7gwy.jpg
Jets at 49ers
FfR65Lz.jpg twmVjn7.jpg

I hope this year the Cardinals at least tinker with contrasting socks and/or contrasting pants with the home and road sets. The need some kind of color blocking.

• Like 12

Can almost guarantee that the Saints will go all-black considering it’s the season home opener AND it’s a division rival.

And if I had to guess all-white for the Panthers, hopefully with contrasting blue socks. All-white longjohns or black socks would be tough against the Saints all-black leotards.

And let’s hope the Panthers don’t do black pants…

38 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

Can almost guarantee that the Saints will go all-black considering it’s the season home opener AND it’s a division rival.

And if I had to guess all-white for the Panthers, hopefully with contrasting blue socks. All-white longjohns or black socks would be tough against the Saints all-black leotards.

And let’s hope the Panthers don’t do black pants…

Let’s not forget about Carolina’s blue pants, the most recent pant color they used for a regular season road game. Those would look great against New Orleans, but I’m full expecting all-white vs. all-black.

JAX vs. MIA seems like a guaranteed both teams in white leggings, but I get the TBD since the sock colors are still up in the air.

5 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

Let’s not forget about Carolina’s blue pants, the most recent pant color they used for a regular season road game. Those would look great against New Orleans, but I’m full expecting all-white vs. all-black.

It would add some badly-needed contrast, which makes it more likely that they won't wear them.

40 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

JAX vs. MIA seems like a guaranteed both teams in white leggings, but I get the TBD since the sock colors are still up in the air.

I totally forgot about Carolina’s blue pants…

Those would look amazing against the Saints, but we know that would be too good to be true.

21 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

It would hit better if they wore actual truer gold rather than the dang-near champagne khaki they have now.

Vanderbilt figured this one out...get it together, New Orleans.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm guessing these teams based on their pattern of when they use their alternate/throwback.

Arizona has worn their black jerseys in the first October game since 2019 (though the Cardinals had two different versions prior to 2023). If this stays true, they'll wear black against the Chargers.

Since the Patriot's red throwback jerseys made their return in 2022, one of the games have been in their first December home game. The Patriots first December home game is against the Colts.

Chargers Royal Blue alternate have been worn when it gets to week 14. The 2022  Royal Blue game was originally Miami but then switched to Tennessee. They don't have a week 14 home game this year, but they will have a week 15 game against Tampa Bay.

9 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Arizona has worn their black jerseys in the first October game since 2019 (though the Cardinals had two different versions prior to 2023). If this stays true, they'll wear black against the Chargers.

Black is likely for the Chargers game since it's their only prime time game, but I think they'll also wear it Week 4 vs. the Commanders since that will be their third straight home game. I don't see them wearing red for all three of those games. They did something similar in 2022, wearing black in Weeks 5 and 7.

Usually the Los Angeles Rams announce their uniform schedule around this time, but they have yet to do so.  I am curious what games they will wear their "Bad To The Bone" alternates (hope not at Arizona this time).  Let's hope we get some information soon.