2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

The Packers are debuting their garbage white helmets in Week 7 against Houston, a matchup that will look fairly similar to this:

USATSI_19453922-e1668747257397.jpg?w=100

Green Bay also has four straight prime time games in December (actual winter), and will likely wear them again for one of these games. As a lifelong Packers fan, I am sick.

• Like 2
  • Hurl 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

The Packers are debuting their garbage white helmets in Week 7 against Houston, a matchup that will look fairly similar to this:

Green Bay also has four straight prime time games in December (actual winter), and will likely wear them again for one of these games. As a lifelong Packers fan, I am sick.

What is the overall reaction from the Packers fanbase?

16 minutes ago, ruttep said:

What is the overall reaction from the Packers fanbase?

As is the case with pretty much any new alternate helmet, most of the fans seem to like it for some reason. Snowflake emojis everywhere. Most of the negative feedback is about the lack of yellow, but that wouldn't even matter to me. They don't look like the Packers, and their logo is primarily white, which looks stupid on a white helmet.

• Like 7

I went to one of the Phillies / Yankees games the other night, and man - the Yankees in their plain-ass gray and navy uniforms with no names looked so great.  The fact that there's no frills at all - not even the white outline or a NOB makes it look like they're a true professional team that's strictly about business.  They could be 30 games under .500, and still look intimidating.

The Packers and Steelers are those teams in the NFL.  There's a little more flair simply due to the nature of the sport's history, but they look "professional", "tough", and "business like".  Even when the Steelers and Packers suck (which believe it or not, there was a time, much like with the Yankees, when that was the case) I still think of them as an intimidating foe.  Even the Steelers number change indicated "yeah, we're updating, but this is as crazy as we'll get."

Both have watered down their brands a bit lately - the Packers with white pants, and the Steelers with their color rush - but not too much. 

But now?  The Packers are just like every other team that's trying to be like a "cool" college team.  So disappointed in them - they're better than this.  It certainly doesn't ruin decades upon decades of aesthetic greatness, but it does pull them down close to the category of "just another team."

• Like 3
  • Eyeroll 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

What about the all green alternates? I actually liked those.

3 NFC North teams will wear white jerseys at home for 1 game. Last time this happened was 2019.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrAstrodome said:

Texans are not in yoga pants thankfully. Love the red stripe on the navy pants.

I still consider same color pants and socks to be "yoga pants" regardless of pant stripes. The stripes make it marginally better, but not by that much.

spacer.png

This is the only pant stripe that completely cancels out the yoga pants effect because it's so ridiculously wide.

• Like 2

Denver is wearing an alternate in Week 18 vs. Kansas City, just like in 2021 with the navy jersey. Questionable choice once again, considering this could be a meaningless game, but it should be a nice-looking matchup.

This leaves one slot for the navy jersey, which I would expect to be worn some time in the middle of the season. I think Week 13 Monday night vs. Cleveland is a likely candidate.

5 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Denver is wearing an alternate in Week 18 vs. Kansas City, just like in 2021 with the navy jersey. Questionable choice once again, considering this could be a meaningless game, but it should be a nice-looking matchup.

This leaves one slot for the navy jersey, which I would expect to be worn some time in the middle of the season. I think Week 13 Monday night vs. Cleveland is a likely candidate.

They wore navy against the Browns in 2018, which was also a primetime game.

I wish they wore the classic throwbacks against the Steelers. But I guess the schedule making wasn't favorable.

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

They wore navy against the Browns in 2018, which was also a primetime game.

I wish they wore the classic throwbacks against the Steelers. But I guess the schedule making wasn't favorable.

Yeah, the home opener against Pittsburgh has me worried they’re gonna wear white like they did last season in Week 2 vs. Washington.

13 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Yeah, the home opener against Pittsburgh has me worried they’re gonna wear white like they did last season in Week 2 vs. Washington.

That was, ostensibly, to honor the Super Bowl 33 team that wore white against Atlanta.

Since the Steelers game is the first opportunity for the fans to see the actual home unis in the regular season, I'd strongly suspect it'll be orange over white  (and probably orange socks).

I also think this is likely since the Broncos wore white at home for the preseason, and they'll probably do that again.

But they may very well have another stupid regular season WAH and invent some sort of justification for it.

2 hours ago, Captain Poncho said:

I also think this is likely since the Broncos wore white at home for the preseason, and they'll probably do that again.

But they may very well have another stupid regular season WAH and invent some sort of justification for it.

Most likely due to Sean Payton. He took the Broncos job because the family who owns the team, I think the ones who own Walmart, would allow him to have control and power on decision making on things in the organization. Payton had his teams in New Orleans wear white jerseys at home for most of his time on the Saints. Except for the last few years there.

I think he could have them do it against for at least 1 home game. whether the home opener or another selected game. Especially to let the home fans in Denver see the white jerseys.

On 8/1/2024 at 11:48 PM, gothedistance said:

What about the all green alternates? I actually liked those.

3 NFC North teams will wear white jerseys at home for 1 game. Last time this happened was 2019.

I realized this is wrong. It happened in 2022.

Anyway, this is something you would not have imagined in the past regarding the NFC North.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Most likely due to Sean Payton. He took the Broncos job because the family who owns the team, I think the ones who own Walmart, would allow him to have control and power on decision making on things in the organization. Payton had his teams in New Orleans wear white jerseys at home for most of his time on the Saints. Except for the last few years there.

I think he could have them do it against for at least 1 home game. whether the home opener or another selected game. Especially to let the home fans in Denver see the white jerseys.

Sean Payton is also who I'd blame for the Broncos all the sudden abandoning their navy sock discipline in the final year of that set. All previous Broncos coaches (even Nathaniel Hackett) enforced proper navy socks with white pants. Payton was coach of the Saints for the past decade as they gradually phased out all sock/pants combos except for black leggings and white leggings. At this point, the gold pants might as well be an alternate with how infrequently they're worn.

Looks likes the Bucs will finally wear their current red jerseys against Cincinnati, which hasn't ever happened in the regular season. This is one of the things I like about preseason.

Bucs went with the gross pewter alternates in 2022:

Brady-Tom-Bucs-Bengals-run-throw.jpg

Only two alternate games is surprising.

Both for 1pm games too. No white Color Rush at all. Disappointing.

Done with Century red after Week 1.

Legacy throwback against Washington for the third straight season. Lame.

Blue at Cleveland tells me that is a white helmet/throwback game for the Browns and that they will probably wear brown vs. Dallas in Week 1.

White at Washington in Week 2 is surprising. I guess the Commanders aren't doing white at home to start the year. Works for me.