2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

13 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

Maybe this will be possible now with the orange pants. The mismatched stripe colors on the primary jerseys made it difficult to only have one pair of white pants since the pants stripes would only match one of the jerseys, but the Bengals could wear the orange pants with the white jerseys full time and save the white pants with black stripes for CR games.

I don't know what the big deal is. I think the orange stripe look good with the home black jersey and the black stripes look good with the away white jersey (and the color rush) and the Bengals seem to agree with me, so it makes sense to have two white pants. The Falcons had two white pants for use with the home/away jerseys for years.

• Like 2

I'm very curious to see what that Titans Dolphins Monday night game is gonna look like. I thought this might be a throwback game for Miami, but that has been ruled out.

They wore regular aqua over white for last year's game and lost in heartbreaking fashion. Something tells me it will be all-aqua or all-white.

44 minutes ago, Colin56 said:

I don't know what the big deal is. I think the orange stripe look good with the home black jersey and the black stripes look good with the away white jersey (and the color rush) and the Bengals seem to agree with me, so it makes sense to have two white pants. The Falcons had two white pants for use with the home/away jerseys for years.

Or they could do the normal thing and have one white pants with orange and black stripes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Hopefully the Lions wear the blue pants with their black alternate. I have a feeling Seattle goes all white and I’d rather not see all white vs all black with a splash of blue in between 

As much as I like the all-white look when Detroit dons it, PLEASE wear Honolulu Blue socks when doing so.  That would look brilliant IMO.

I just hate when socks color matches the color of the pants.  I've been watching NFL since 2 years before the merger and no teams ever wore matching colored socks to match their pants color, yet nowadays it's getting to be more and more common.

On 9/23/2024 at 9:52 AM, HOOVER said:

This is a great comparison photo.  Imagine if the Cardinals pants didn't have a pant stripe here.  Shows you how much of a difference it makes.

The socks are all wrong tho'.   

They ought to be wearing red striped socks with the striping identical to the sleeve stripes, IMO.

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Hopefully the Lions wear the blue pants with their black alternate. I have a feeling Seattle goes all white and I’d rather not see all white vs all black with a splash of blue in between 

I like when Seattle goes with the wolf-gray pants when they're  wearing white jerseys.

• Like 1

I have noticed over the years that the Seahawks tend to wear all white on Monday night football so I expect that trend to continue this week. The Lions are going to be wearing black jerseys for the first time so I expect mono black this week and then black/blue later in the season when they face the bills.

5 hours ago, Colin56 said:

It's not a big deal to me, either. I was only pointing out that it's possible to @DCarp1231. I think the point he was making was that teams should think new uniform sets through, so you only need one of any color you plan to use.

The Bengals having two white pants makes sense with their current uniforms, just like the Broncos and the Falcons with their previous sets.

11 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

It's not a big deal to me, either. I was only pointing out that it's possible to @DCarp1231. I think the point he was making was that teams should think new uniform sets through, so you only need one of any color you plan to use.

The Bengals having two white pants makes sense with their current uniforms, just like the Broncos and the Falcons with their previous sets.

The white pants with black stripes make perfect sense with their white jerseys.

For the other pair of white pants, I just don't understand why they didn't fully color in the space between the orange stripes. 

• Like 1

I don’t have a problem with the Bengals (or any team) having two separate pairs of white pants if they think it helps their overall look.  I just don’t think that in this instance they need it.  

The “Finding Nemo” pants suck, are a dumb idea (in what world do tigers look anything like that) and don’t necessarily work with any jersey in their closet.  The white pants with the plain black stripes match the white jersey and look equally fine with the black jersey.  They’re the only white pants they need.  

• Like 1