2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

12 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

A darker silver would have helped the Pats. If the silver is too light, like it was today, they might as well be wearing white pants.

Very valid.  Nike's Team Dark Steel Grey would be a better Silver or Gray to use than whatever they call the Silver they're matching to the Pats/Seahawks/Lions, which is very light, yes.   

They used to have the same issue with their Team Pewter; so much so that the NFHS changed their rules about what percentage of gray that jerseys must be, because at the beginning of the trend, teams were wearing Team Pewter jerseys at home and they didn't contrast enough with their opponents' away Whites.

Oregon used both Pewter & Dark Steel Grey for pants, with White jerseys, and the difference was huge.

Here's them in Pewter or Silver pants:

Mariota_OhioStateCFPl2015_EE.jpg?x85064

And here are Dark Steel Grey pants:

522bbaa11cb01.image.jpg

And yes, they are different.  I have pairs of both and sold both while at BSN.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

The players pushed for the black pants with white jersey, and you're talking about guys whose literal job is to get repeatedly hit in the head for a living.  It really shouldn't be surprising.

If you got hit in the head with a sledgehammer 30 times every time you clocked in for work, you may make some questionable choices too.

I don't think concussions are the reason. 

I think they're just stupid and have bad taste.

You've seen how the majority of them dress to arrive at a game, right?

otdc6rq9vpos3y4tkbx6.jpg

• Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1

16 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I feel like the white leggings/socks drained the pants color and it looked almost all-white to me. IF they wear navy socks on the road then it'll be a worth it look. In the ideal world Pats do:

Home: Navy/Silver/Navy

"Primetime"/alt home: All Navy

Road: White/Navy/White

Road alt: White/Silver/Navy

Throwbacks when see fit.

Home: Navy/Silver/Navy

Primetime Home: Navy/Silver/Red

Road: White/Silver/Navy

Primetime Away: White/Silver/Red

Throwbacks: Whenever

• Like 2

On 10/17/2024 at 2:28 PM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

It's annoying because Texas-at-Packers in say, idk, 2003, would look magnificent. 

3700F0F6-3778-4D56-8680-38E9973A815C.jpg?v=1715814351&width=1445green-bay-wi-linebacker-nail-diggs-of-the-green-bay-packers-celebrates-during-the-game-against.jpg?s=612x612&w=gi&k=20&c=aSvTt8cRFSS2Ad2dbhQw1wqcFrh-sJbnLlr9WAFvA40=

Well, if the Texans use red socks, then it would have worked. I changed my mind now, the blue look so dark it looked close to black, but remember kids, blame that on the lady whose name is Amy Adams Strunk. Amy was wishy washy on the Houston Texans using a lighter navy blue when they brought in H-Town Blue, so they decided to use the actual dark steel blue colors that looks like arsenic black instead.

The Packers had no business making a white helmet. They should have just made a green helmet with the yellow oval with the G in it and just had their all green fauxbacks and called it a day, but oh well, it's icy stupidity that has become a staple in the NFL uniform memes circuit. Let's make the :censored:ing Packers so icy, it will look like cheese on ice. Come on, people. Gen Z's creativity leaves a lot to desire. And it just looks degrading even when the Texans should of wore the white pants. It looks like a mess. The Packers helmets look like they loaned it from the New York Jet's savage and recycle center. It was a degrading game with degrading uniforms.

22 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Actually think the guys in Navy socks look worse.  The White socks give this nice balance.   It’s very “clean” and classic, without being “icy”.

Either way, it’s BEAUTIFUL.  They should burn every pair of Navy pants they own.

So, by this standard, you believe the Raiders should be wearing white socks with their white jerseys?

Las Vegas Raiders: Could Karl Joseph start over Johnathan Abram?

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 8 (Part1) 
Vikings at Rams
uSM0RNq.jpg B5Czlek.jpg

Falcons at Buccaneers
73EDSAx.jpg FaIyst8.jpg 

2 hours ago, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 8 (Part2)
Bears at Commanders
YXPKoEL.jpg EMfb4X5.jpg

Saints at Chargers
ELSvdwT.jpg fQvx1UT.jpg

Eagles at Bengals
ZATC8F5.jpg cceV8Ix.jpg

Cowboys at 49ers
qzVxrfL.jpg NXjtUGb.jpg

We know this is going to be bad. The Rams wearing their bone against the Vikings. I guess they want to give the Vikings a bone so they can throw it and let the Rams play fetch. Vikings will win for sure, but geez this is going to be an ugly match up!

Atlanta Falcons and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would have been better if the Falcons followed suit wearing their throwbacks against the Bucs to have a color vs color throwback special. But I guess they did not want to do that. Oh well.

I do not have anything nice to say about the Bears and Washington Football Team. I just do not care. It's the Bears vs Steelers Part 2.

The Saints will make the Chargers match up really bad because the Saints look ugly as sin!

The Philadelphia Eagles and Cincinatti Bengals! Okay, that look seems to look like a white tiger trying to catch an eagle from the sky

Cowboys and 49ers are a problem. This is 1994 all over again with the 49ers using their fauxbacks against the Cowboys wearing their second half of their 1965-1980 road uniforms they have worn since 1965. Sure!!!

15 hours ago, HOOVER said:

The Panthers look as good as they play.

Atrocious.

I have no problem with the process cyan pants while they could have had black leggings to separate it, but it looks great against Washington Football Teams golden yellow pants which it is beautiful.

47 minutes ago, McCall said:

So, by this standard, you believe the Raiders should be wearing white socks with their white jerseys?

Las Vegas Raiders: Could Karl Joseph start over Johnathan Abram?

No.   Works well for the Raiders, because it's traditional and expected and their identity is so tied to Black.  But it's not an absolute; I believe that White socks aren't at all a bad look for Las Vegas, as seen here with their alt jersey (yes, it helps that the numbers are Silver):

bu5k6smrqogxpvsq6p0u.jpg

And with that jersey in particular, it works as well as, if not better than, this:

uvss3stoldumvjx50e1d.jpg

It's also not unprecedented:

day-32-of-posting-my-favorite-raiders-pl

With the Patriots, I just don't think this looks bad:

GaWqkIbW4AA4TkU?format=jpg&name=large

Will it look good with solid Navy socks?  Sure if the entire team wears them along with Navy or Red cleats.  But I don't think what they wore yesterday was wrong - and it was far better than the Navy pants.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

I don't think concussions are the reason. 

I think they're just stupid and have bad taste.

You've seen how the majority of them dress to arrive at a game, right?

otdc6rq9vpos3y4tkbx6.jpg

My suggestion is to start recording each player’s uniform preferences, and then when they pass, study their brains to see if there’s a correlation between CTE and uniform preferences. 

I’ve been putting a lot of work into this, but the lack of brains to study and having no formal education have stunted my research. 

• LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Guys, I'm sorry, but I don't think this is good at all:

wokmaz9xugn8vmnqpmn9.jpg

The Commanders have completely redeemed themselves with the Yellow pants.  Hard to dispute that.

I think many are getting caught up in how nicely the Process Blue contrasts with the Burgundy & Gold.  

That doesn't make how Carolina is dressed here good.

i293vi3ayvocv7xlj1ve.jpg

It's completely out of balance.  If they had a Process Blue helmet, or even if the numbers were Blue, they could almost get away with it. 

This is no different from any other team with dark colors who wears the yoga pants look with their White jerseys.  

White socks would have been an improvement.   Maybe even Black socks.   But this is essentially the sin the Patriots committed when they chose to wore Navy pants with Silver helmets/White jerseys all these years.

In the end, no matter what, the Panthers should only ever wear their White or Silver pants with their White jerseys, and they need a Process Blue alt helmet for their Process Blue alt uniform pieces.

This Process Blue yoga pant look simply ain't it.   

The reaction is merely a symptom of the problem the team has created by muddling their identity.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

No.   Works well for the Raiders, because it's traditional and expected and their identity is so tied to Black.  But it's not an absolute; I believe that White socks aren't at all a bad look for Las Vegas, as seen here with their alt jersey (yes, it helps that the numbers are Silver):

bu5k6smrqogxpvsq6p0u.jpg

And with that jersey in particular, it works as well as, if not better than, this:

uvss3stoldumvjx50e1d.jpg

It's also not unprecedented:

day-32-of-posting-my-favorite-raiders-pl

With the Patriots, I just think this...

GaWqkIbW4AA4TkU?format=jpg&name=large

...looks better than #92 & #95 look here:

Could the White socks benefit from a Navy/Red stripe?  Sure. 

Are Navy socks better?  Completely subjective.  Maybe if they were solid Navy socks, not 50/50 Navy tights with White socks over top, like the guys above wore.  But I don't think, unless every player is wearing solid Navy socks with Navy or Red cleats, that Navy socks are the better look . 

At least 95% of the team was dressed uniformly yesterday.  And no matter the socks, it's a far better look than the Navy pants.

The color distribution of both the Raiders and Patriots is essentially the same. If anything, the extra red on the Patriots creates even more dark color against the silver to further justify navy socks (or even red). And the fact that you called the Raiders an exception would mean you think it's more of an absolute than those who are for the navy socks. If anything, I'd say the Raiders would be better suited to wear white socks than the Patriots due to minimal amount of black on the jersey outside of the numbers, whereas, the Patriots have the shoulder stripes. Yet the Raiders look way better with black socks.

11 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

wokmaz9xugn8vmnqpmn9.jpg

The Commanders have completely redeemed themselves with the Yellow pants.  Hard to dispute that.

I think many are getting caught up in how nicely the Process Blue contrasts with the Burgundy & Gold.  

i293vi3ayvocv7xlj1ve.jpg

It's completely out of balance.  If they had a Process Blue helmet, or even if the numbers were Blue, they could almost get away with it. 

This is no different from any other team with dark colors who wears the yoga pants look with their White jerseys.  

White socks would have been an improvement.   Maybe even Black socks.   But this is essentially the sin the Patriots committed when they chose to wore Navy pants with Silver helmets/White jerseys all these years.

In the end, no matter what, the Panthers should only ever wear their White or Silver pants with their White jerseys, and they need a Process Blue alt helmet for their Process Blue alt uniform pieces.

The reaction is merely a symptom of the problem the team has created by muddling their identity.

My problem with it is that they could of wore black socks or black leggings to make the process cyan pants look unique and stand out. It looked so fantastic against the Washington Football Team, so I was bedazzled.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

wokmaz9xugn8vmnqpmn9.jpg

i293vi3ayvocv7xlj1ve.jpg

I wonder how long before we get the Panthers to wear white/silver like the Patriots did yesterday?

I think the Panthers would actually look great in this case since they could wear blue socks. Hopefully it won’t be long before they try this combo.

And not trying to be nit picky because the gold pants are great for Washington, but how hard would it have been to put a stripe on the pants?

4 hours ago, McCall said:

The color distribution of both the Raiders and Patriots is essentially the same. If anything, the extra red on the Patriots creates even more dark color against the silver to further justify navy socks (or even red). And the fact that you called the Raiders an exception would mean you think it's more of an absolute than those who are for the navy socks. If anything, I'd say the Raiders would be better suited to wear white socks than the Patriots due to minimal amount of black on the jersey outside of the numbers, whereas, the Patriots have the shoulder stripes. Yet the Raiders look way better with black socks.

Yeah I just disagree with everything you just said.

2 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

I wonder how long before we get the Panthers to wear white/silver like the Patriots did yesterday?

I think the Panthers would actually look great in this case since they could wear blue socks. Hopefully it won’t be long before they try this combo.

And not trying to be nit picky because the gold pants are great for Washington, but how hard would it have been to put a stripe on the pants?

This is one of the better combos they could wear, even though their White pants work perfectly with this jersey and any color sock they wear (see my posts a few pages back)

Which is why they probably won't do it.

Tepper has turned the Panthers into the new Browns or recent Commanders.

9 hours ago, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 8 (Part2)
Bears at Commanders
YXPKoEL.jpg EMfb4X5.jpg
Saints at Chargers
ELSvdwT.jpg fQvx1UT.jpg
Bills at Seahawks
JBQ8zgg.jpg a6axbzj.jpg
Eagles at Bengals
ZATC8F5.jpg cceV8Ix.jpg
Panthers at Broncos
6FNpAhJ.jpg  ha7WN8V.jpg
Chiefs at Raiders
9CMt2RN.jpg EsszvfC.jpg
Cowboys at 49ers
qzVxrfL.jpg NXjtUGb.jpg
Giants at Steelers
8XDMOQm.jpg 94zydCO.jpg

The Saints have the opportunity to make their matchup with the Chargers one of the best ones of week 8 by wearing white/gold, but we know they won’t.

1 hour ago, HopewellJones said:

How anyone can disagree with this blows my mind. 

Gray facemask is a little too retro to be a full time thing for me. Works better for white helmet teams. I like their helmet the way it is, and I like their unique number font.

The Steelers to me are one of the best-dressed teams in the league. One home and road combo each, no white at home or icy white bull$hit. What they wore last night is an awesome throwback, although I do miss the gold helmet throwback from the 2000s, and I think their Color Rush is brilliant too.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

Gray facemask is a little too retro to be a full time thing for me. Works better for white helmet teams. I like their helmet the way it is, and I like their unique number font.

The Steelers to me are one of the best-dressed teams in the league. One home and road combo each, no white at home or icy white bull$hit. What they wore last night is an awesome throwback, although I do miss the gold helmet throwback from the 2000s, and I think their Color Rush is brilliant too.

Imagine calling standard grey facemasks “too retro”