On 7/31/2024 at 10:18 PM, cubbeblue88 said:

Love the sleek look of these! The trim really makes them pop. Awesome!

Thank you!

CLEVELAND INDIANS/GUARDIANS

HOME:

Cleveland-2019-Home-w-side-stripes.png

ROAD:

Cleveland-2019-Road-w-C.png

HOME ALT:
Cleveland-2019-Alt-w-side-stripes.png

Notes:

- The sleeveless BP jerseys for the 2019 All-Star Game in Cleveland shied away from any sort of Indians-related imagery (this was the same season the team officially retired Chief Wahoo) and instead focused on the rock 'n roll aspect of the city, with the outline of a guitar made up of baseball stitches as part of the wordmarks and ASG logo

- For whatever reason I actually like the shoulder & side panels on those 2019 jerseys, so I kept them and added six white stripes to mimic the strings on the neck of a guitar. They also evoke the racing stripes of the early '90s Indians. 

C&C appreciated as always!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Teams in the Style of All-Star Game Jerseys (Cleveland x 2019 ASG 8/2)
17 hours ago, thebutkiker said:

This would make for a better identity for the Guardians than what they currently have. It's very sleek and nice and the typeface looks so much cleaner. This is good.

I totally agree, very sharp design

• Love 1

On 8/2/2024 at 12:32 PM, thebutkiker said:

This would make for a better identity for the Guardians than what they currently have. It's very sleek and nice and the typeface looks so much cleaner. This is good.

On 8/3/2024 at 6:19 AM, Dozap17 said:

I totally agree, very sharp design

Thank you both!

PITTSBURGH PIRATES (2006 ASG)

HOME:

Pirates-Home-2006-w-different-wordmark.p

ROAD:
Pirates-Road-2006-w-different-wordmark.p

HOME/ROAD ALT:

Pirates-Alt-2006-w-different-wordmark.pn

Notes:

- Pittsburgh hosted the 2006 All-Star Game, back when the Pirates had infamously added red to their classic black and gold. The BP jerseys that year were button collar pullovers with thick, '70s-80s style sleeve stripes. 

- Only the Bucs' black alternates from this period featured red, so the addition of red to the home jersey would be new for them. 

- I worked up a new "PITTSBURGH" wordmark--taken from the All-Star Game wordmark logo--for the road. 

C&C appreciated!

• Like 10

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Teams in the Style of All-Star Game Jerseys (Pirates x 2006 ASG 8/4)
On 8/4/2024 at 11:06 AM, coco1997 said:

Thank you both!

HOME:

ROAD:

HOME/ROAD ALT:

Notes:

- Pittsburgh hosted the 2006 All-Star Game, back when the Pirates had infamously added red to their classic black and gold. The BP jerseys that year were button collar pullovers with thick, '70s-80s style sleeve stripes. 

- Only the Bucs' black alternates from this period featured red, so the addition of red to the home jersey would be new for them. 

- I worked up a new "PITTSBURGH" wordmark--taken from the All-Star Game wordmark logo--for the road. 

C&C appreciated!

I do like the incorporation of red into the Pirates color scheme here, despite red not really being apart of the Pirates branding throughout the years. 

• Like 2

gT1BtSs.png

As usual, what an unique concept for a series!

I like every design so far, but I think the Tigers' is my favourite 😉

Not sure if you've got more concepts in mind, but I'm looking forward to see a 2003 set 👀

• Love 1

6 hours ago, maxwasson said:

I do like the incorporation of red into the Pirates color scheme here, despite red not really being apart of the Pirates branding throughout the years. 

I probably like the red more than I thought I would because I wish there was an MLB that wore black and red (a bright, vibrant red, unlike the Sedona red Arizona uses) or gold and red. 

5 hours ago, Victormrey said:

As usual, what an unique concept for a series!

I like every design so far, but I think the Tigers' is my favourite 😉

Not sure if you've got more concepts in mind, but I'm looking forward to see a 2003 set 👀

Thanks! And oh yes, 2003 is definitely on its way. 👀

KANSAS CITY ROYALS (2012 ASG)

HOME:

Royals-2012-Home.png

ROAD:

Royals-2012-Road.png

HOME ALT:

Royals-2012-Alt-w-new-hat.png

Notes:

- The 2012 All-Star Game in Kansas City featured BP jerseys in the Royals’ classic royal and powder blue, with arched, beveled wordmarks. For my redesign, I ditched the backdrop behind the wordmarks while applying the beveling to the numbers.

- I figured contrasting front numbers would be a good way to incorporate more gold into the design. 

- The cap logo and sleeve patch feature KC's 2016-2020 crown logo, which also sits playfully on the first letter of the wordmarks.  

- I'd never argue this design would be preferable to what the Royals actually use, but the arched wordmarks and addition of gold would certainly help quash comparisons to the Dodgers’ unis.

C&C appreciated! I'm pretty excited to share the next team in the series. 

• Like 7
  • Love 4

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Teams in the Style of All-Star Game Jerseys (Royals 2012 ASG 8/8)
On 8/4/2024 at 11:06 AM, coco1997 said:

Thank you both!

HOME:

ROAD:

HOME/ROAD ALT:

Notes:

C&C appreciated!

Smooth concept. Not sure how crazy I am about the word mark for the Pittsburgh road unis, but otherwise on the mark as usual. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2024 at 9:51 AM, cubbeblue88 said:

Also agreed - extremely slick and would make a much better representation of the team itself. 

On 8/8/2024 at 9:53 AM, cubbeblue88 said:

Smooth concept. Not sure how crazy I am about the word mark for the Pittsburgh road unis, but otherwise on the mark as usual. 

Thank you!

ATLANTA BRAVES (2021 ASG)

HOME:

Braves-Home-2021-w-script-A.png

ROAD:

Braves-Road-2021-w-Braves-script.png

HOME ALT:

Braves-Home-Alt-2021-w-script-A.png

Notes:

- The 2021 MLB All-Star Game was set to be played in Atlanta before Rob Manfred famously moved the game to Denver in protest of Georgia’s new voter laws. The uniforms from that game might be the worst in MLB history; they were also clearly never intended to be worn in Colorado, as they used the Braves’ navy and red.

- For my Braves design, I tried to make the best out of a bad situation. I couldn’t solve how to make the vertically oriented, three letter team name abbreviation with logo overlayed on it work, so I ultimately decided to just replace the first letter with the Braves’ cap “A.” I also added TV numbers to the front of the jerseys.

- Although the NL/home uniforms featured a floral pattern in blue on the sleeves, I kept the sand color from the AL uniforms and used it in place of white on the road and home alt. Lastly, the shadows from the numbers are now applied to the wordmarks, cap logo and road script.

- It’s worth noting that this design removes any Native American-related imagery from Atlanta’s uniforms, which, like it or not, feels like an inevitability at this point.

C&C appreciated!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Teams in the Style of All-Star Game Jerseys (Braves 2021 ASG 8/10)
On 8/8/2024 at 8:58 AM, maxwasson said:

I agree - this concept makes the Pirates stand out from the Steelers and the Pirates - and I do hold the unpopular opinion of liking the incorporation of red in the Pirates scheme in the 90s-2000s. Great stuff!

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

On 8/11/2024 at 9:09 PM, GrayJ12 said:

I agree - this concept makes the Pirates stand out from the Steelers and the Pirates - and I do hold the unpopular opinion of liking the incorporation of red in the Pirates scheme in the 90s-2000s. Great stuff!

On 8/11/2024 at 4:01 PM, Coiler said:

Absolutely love the Astros colors. Great work on all of them.

Thank you both!

SEATTLE MARINERS (2001 ASG)

HOME:

Mariners-Home-2001-w-no-front-numbers.pn

ROAD:

Mariners-Road-2001-w-no-front-numbers.pn

HOME ALT:

Mariners-Home-Alt-2001-w-no-front-number

ROAD ALT:

Mariners-Road-Alt-2001-w-no-front-number

Notes:

- The logo and BP jerseys for the 2001 All-Star Game in Seattle featured a very Pacific Northwest, very mid-90s SuperSonics forest green and red color scheme. This one is a pretty straightforward color swap, save for a few subtle changes.

- Above the wordmarks is now a "flying compass," a fun detail from the ASG jerseys. 

- Sleeve piping, which the Mariners have historically not used, is added across the board, again to mimic those ASG jerseys. 

C&C appreciated!

• Like 5
  • Love 3

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Teams in the Style of All-Star Game Jerseys (Mariners 2001 ASG 8/12)
1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Thank you both!

SEATTLE MARINERS (2001 ASG)

HOME:

Mariners-Home-2001-w-no-front-numbers.pn

ROAD:

Mariners-Road-2001-w-no-front-numbers.pn

HOME ALT:

Mariners-Home-Alt-2001-w-no-front-number

ROAD ALT:

Mariners-Road-Alt-2001-w-no-front-number

Notes:

- The logo and BP jerseys for the 2001 All-Star Game in Seattle featured a very Pacific Northwest, very mid-90s SuperSonics forest green and red color scheme. This one is a pretty straightforward color swap, save for a few subtle changes.

- Above the wordmarks is now a "flying compass," a fun detail from the ASG jerseys. 

- Sleeve piping, which the Mariners have historically not used, is added across the board, again to mimic those ASG jerseys. 

C&C appreciated!

The flying compass ball makes so much sense that its insane nobody has figured it out already.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2024 at 1:25 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The flying compass ball makes so much sense that its insane nobody has figured it out already.

Right??

WASHINGTON NATIONALS (2018 ASG)

HOME:

Nationals-Home-2018-w-no-jersey-trim.png

ROAD:

Nationals-Road-2018.png

HOME ALT:

Nationals-Home-Alt-2018.png

ROAD ALT:

Nationals-Road-Alt-2018.png

Notes:

- The 2018 All-Star Game jerseys featured patriotic scripts in the Nats' usual style, set against the Capitol building and Washington Monument

- It took me a few years to realize the BP cap logos from this All-Star Game were based on the U.S. Presidential Seal. Given the setting of the 2018 game, I figured I could justify going all-in on the star-spangled motif of that year's caps and uniforms. The home caps thusly uses the seal logo while the road caps feature a pinwheel design (presumably a nod to the Expos) and both caps keep the six white stars on the bill. 

- To keep the focus on the new wordmarks (and because they're admittedly pretty busy-looking), the trim is dropped from the rest of the jerseys.

- Because of its use in the scripts, silver becomes a tertiary color throughout the uniforms. 

- I took a little more liberty (no pun intended) with the road alt. To avoid a navy-on-navy situation, the Presidential seal/cap logo replaces the script on the front of the jersey. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 5

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Teams in the Style of All-Star Game Jerseys (Nationals 2018 ASG 8/14)
On 8/14/2024 at 1:28 PM, Coiler said:

Like the rare color combo on the Mariners one. Nationals is a little conventional but still good.

Thanks! The Nats' road alt is my favorite of that set. 

WHITE SOX (2003 ASG)

HOME:

White-Sox-Home-2003-w-batterman.png

ROAD:

White-Sox-Road-2003-w-batterman.png

Notes:

- The arched, Tuscan style wordmarks from the 2003 All-Star Game BP jerseys were presumably inspired by the 1976-81 White Sox. For this set, I rolled in elements of those uniforms (Tuscan style numbers and road wordmark) along with the South Siders’ 1982-86 (pant numbers, tri-colored caps) and 1990-present (black & silver) looks, while using their 1936-38 primary logo.
- Just as the 1976-81 teams did, I figure the Sox could mix and match jerseys and caps to produce different uniform combinations for home and away games.

- Fun fact: 2003’s All-Star Game BP jerseys would have been the first to be worn for the game itself before the league nixed the idea at the last minute. 
- It was a bit of a challenge juggling both silver and red as secondary colors, but I think it turned out well. Big thanks to @Carolingian Steamroller for the consult on this design!

C&C appreciated, and have a great weekend!

• Like 8

• coco1997 changed the title to MLB Teams in the Style of All-Star Game Jerseys (White Sox 2003 ASG 8/16)
On 8/19/2024 at 3:22 AM, Victormrey said:

2001 Mariners and 2003 White Sox look incredible! Wonderful job, as usual.

Also, both Nats wordmarks turned out great 👌🏻 Nice recreation of the ASG scripts.

Thank you!

NEW YORK METS (2013 ASG)

HOME:

Mets-Home-2013-w-smaller-bridge.png

ROAD:

Mets-Road-2013-w-New-York.png

HOME ALT:

Mets-Home-Alt-2013-w-Mets-skyline.png

ROAD ALT:

Mets-Road-Alt-2013-smaller-script.png

Notes:

- The BP jerseys for the 2013 All-Star Game in Queens kept the Mets’ general aesthetic, with Tiffany-style wordmarks (like those from the Mets’ road jerseys) set against the NYC skyline, a la the team’s primary logo. Players also wore tri-colored BP caps with contrasting crowns and bills for the NL and AL.

- One of the bigger changes for my redesign was dropping the home pinstripes, which makes for a cleaner look that pairs better with the white front paneled caps. I also converted the jerseys into button collar pullovers with thick sleeve, pant and collar stripes, similar to the team’s 1978-81 look.

- Color-wise, my thinking was that the Mets would be an orange-heavy team at home with a primarily blue look for away games.

- The jerseys now feature Tiffany numbers to match the wordmarks. I also threw a Big Apple/Mets Home Run Apple logo on the sleeves for good measure.

C&C appreciated!

• Like 5
  • Love 2