Las vegas gamblers fantasy concept

GMS1122

this was my first all-vector fantasy concept, i was going to use this as my team for the MLF...but i was rejected :laugh: anyways here they are, very big thanks to Mockba who pretty much coached me all the way through it...and the "LV" alternate was his original idea

gamblersmain-2.gif

Primary Logo

dice.gif

Helmet Logo

LV-football.gif

Alternate Logo (mockba)

id like to hear what you think and how it could possibly be improved

Great font, the flaming dice idea is cool, but I think I'd use only one, or maybe have them a little more equally sized going in the same direction. The spade, diamond, heart, and club designs along with the football along the bottom of the primary can be a little much, although they give the wordmark nice dimension, so maybe try spacing them a little differently.

Overall, great job, especially for a first time vector user.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

thanks, i did 2 dice in different directions because usually when you play almost any game 2 dice are used, and they dont go in the same direction for the most part when rolled :P

also STL the script was not intended to be a drop shadow, but i guess it turned out that way..if you look at the LV logo, thats how all the text shadows were intended to be..but im happy  :D

That turned out really nice.  I like what you did with the "Gamblers" text, that's great.

I echo what SyPhi said about the dice, bring 'em both into the forefront, then have the flames trail behind.  But now that you've done it in vectors, that's a snap. =)

Nice work!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Years ago during the summer when I was bored, I came up with a "USFA", the United States Football Association (hey, I was probably about 10 :laugh:) and the Las Vegas Gamblers were one of the teams. My little hand-drawn logo had two dice, almost like yours with fire trailing behind them.

The dice even had stars on them like yours! It's very interesting to see a logo like that now, almost exactly like the one I drew up 5 years ago. I think it's great!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Great unique uni, but I'd advise you against moving the Edge. I love the Edge's name and logo, even more than this. If you get an MLF franchise, go right ahead, but the Edge has this concept ID in all of colour scheme, font, logo, and uni.

Well done anyway!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Wow, i think every concept i see from you gets better.  good work.  i think you suffer from the same 'itis' i do, is that you have too many thoughts going on in your head at once, and you try to fit them all on the page.  I think the one dice would be less cluttered, and the maybe kill the dropshadow, although i do like dropshadows.  

But it is a great concept, and the logos are all very strong.  very modern, i like it.

Great unique uni, but I'd advise you against moving the Edge. I love the Edge's name and logo, even more than this. If you get an MLF franchise, go right ahead, but the Edge has this concept ID in all of colour scheme, font, logo, and uni.

Well done anyway!

stay tuned, chances are im not getting an MLF team, so the gamblers idea will most likely live with bosox as the team he represents in that league...so the Edge are staying, BUT the logos are soon to be undergoing a small tidy up to make them look a little more professional, and i may slightly alter the font and team colors to give it it's own identity seperate from my beloved buccaneers  :;): dont expect this anytime too soon, i will be at the nation's capital until sunday evening so that will make it impossible for me to make any posts or logo changes  :(

Wow, i think every concept i see from you gets better. good work. i think you suffer from the same 'itis' i do, is that you have too many thoughts going on in your head at once, and you try to fit them all on the page. I think the one dice would be less cluttered, and the maybe kill the dropshadow, although i do like dropshadows.

But it is a great concept, and the logos are all very strong. very modern, i like it.

i see what you mean, but the two dice thing has to stay, see my explaination to SyPhi further up the page, maybe it would look less cluttered if the dice head regular dots rather than the stars, which draw a lot of attention. thanks for the nice comments though  :D

Archived