Nick's NFL Power Rankings (Week 3)

Nick 1733

My NFL Power Rankings after week 3. (based on my points system)

1. Seattle Seahawks - -33

2. Philadelphia Eagles - -14

3. Denver Broncos - 1

4. New England Patriots - 5

5. New York Jets - 8

6. Atlanta Falcons - 9

7. Indianapolis Colts - 18

8. Oakland Raiders - 22

9. Minnesota Vikings - 28

10. Carolina Panthers - 32

11. New York Giants - 33 *(+9)

12. Jacksonville Jaguars - 33 *(+7)

13. Baltimore Ravens - 34

14. Washington Redskins - 41 *(-3)

15. Dallas Cowboys - 41 *(-8)

16. Pittsburgh Steelers - 45

17. Chicago Bears - 56

18. New Orleans Saints - 60

19. Tennessee Titans - 62

20. Green Bay Packers - 63

21. Buffalo Bills - 64

22. Houston Texans - 65

23. Detroit Lions - 67

24. Cleveland Browns - 71 *(-7)

25. St Louis Rams - 71 *(-13)

26. San Diego Chargers - 73

27. Cincinnati Bengals - 82

28. Tampa bay Buccaneers - 86

29. Miami Dolphins - 89

30. Kansas City Chiefs - 95

31. San Francisco 49ers - 103

32. Arizona Cardinals - 108

1 - Philadelphia Eagles - Quickly going to their 4th NFC championship loss

2 - Seattle Seahawks - This years media darlings aren't disappointing

3 - New England Patriots - No reason yet to believe they won't repeat. Early bye hurts

4 - Jacksonville Jaguars - What the...?

5 - New York Jets - Secondary is still there weakness. They look good though

6 - Baltimore Ravens - Could be 3-0 if not for awful offense

7 - Indianapolis Colts - Still have to climb Mt. Patriots, but clearly above most other teams

8 - Denver Broncos - In a bad division, they could be just good enough

9 - Pittsburgh Steelers - Bill Cowher knows how to win. Pittsburgh will be in the Division hunt this year

10 New York Giants - Now that Warner is relaxing, Giants might fight for a Playoff spot

11 Atlanta Falcons - Struggling against Arizona hurt their spot

12 Dallas Cowboys - Vinny is born again...again. 'Boys look good

13 Minnesota Vikings - Could be 3-0 if Daunte could hold onto the ball

14 New Orleans Saints - Shouldn't be 2-1

15 Oakland Raiders - Kerry Collins may have won a job Sunday night

16 Detroit Lions - Alot better, but game vs Eagles showed how much more must be done

17 Tennesse Titans - Each week will be a fight for survival

18 Green Bay Packers - The loss against Chicago looks huge now after Air Show defeat

19 Chicago Bears - Don't let the Green Bay game fool you. These guys suck

20 Cincinnati Bengals - Where is Jon Kitna?

21 Washington Redskins - Gibbs doesn't have Riggins and Theisman. The Redskins won't win much

22 Houston Texans - Slowly climbing the ladder to respectability. Slowly

23 Carolina Panthers - Early bye may help team regain focus. They need to

24 St. Louis Rams - Bad, Mike Martz. Bad, Bad, bad. Go to your room!

25 San Diego Chargers - Doing just about as expected

26 Cleveland Browns - Ouch.

27 Buffalo Bills - Bledsoe, for the sake of your life, please move out of Buffalo

28 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Welcome Back, Yucks. How we missed you.

29 Arizona Cardinals - HEY! They aren't last

30 Kansas City Chiefs - The biggest disappointment in the NFL that i can remember

31 Miami Dolphins - Ricky's cowardice = Yet another Dolphins season wasted.

32 San Francisco 49ers - Could be 0-16. Seriously.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

bears in the top 20??? That packer game better not have ruined our chances at a number one draft pick...

I wish I could by stock in things like "Chad Hutchensen will (unfortunatly) be the starter by week 5, and then Craig Krensel will be starting by week 7, or that the Bears will Sign Tim Couch by week 9 giving them 5 total quarterbacks on the payroll."

Yeah, I know I was defending them in preseason. But we really suck, and we've lost everything we had going for us. 5 defensive starters, a decent young QB. But you know I'll still be there yelling at the TV every week. I refuse to root for another team just because my team sucks.

Boy oh boy. Everybody (but Nick) is underestimating the Broncos.

I think it should be...

1. Patriots

2. Eagles

3. Broncos

J. Quincy King -- let me ask you. What have you seen from the Ravens that would warrant putting them ahead of the Broncos? Can't be there defense because -- well, the Broncos are ahead of them in total defense.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think it should be...

1. Patriots

2. Eagles

3. Broncos

J. Quincy King -- let me ask you. What have you seen from the Ravens that would warrant putting them ahead of the Broncos? Can't be there defense because -- well, the Broncos are ahead of them in total defense.

stop being a homer...

sB9ijEj.png

Boy oh boy.  Everybody (but Nick) is underestimating the Broncos.

I think it should be...

1. Patriots

2. Eagles

3. Broncos

J. Quincy King -- let me ask you.  What have you seen from the Ravens that would warrant putting them ahead of the Broncos?  Can't be there defense because -- well, the Broncos are ahead of them in total defense.

stop being a homer...

As soon as you explain to me how the Ravens have looked better than the Broncos. I'm not being a homer -- the Broncos had the fourth best defense in the league last year and they made huge improvements to it.

There WR's are playing great, Lelie has really stepped up from last year and although the running game has been poor, it's not because of a lack of talent. They've played the best run defense in the league and a coach who has played against mike Shanahan just about twice every year of his career and got lit up by the Broncos running game last year -- that defense was determined to stop the run, and they did, hats off to them, Griffin had no holes.

IUe6Hvh.png

Did i ever say i used a formula to come up with my rankings? No, i base my rankings on what i see.

Leave math and formulas to scientists and college football...

sB9ijEj.png

I think it should be...

1. Patriots

2. Eagles

3. Broncos

stop being a homer...

As soon as you explain to me how the Ravens have looked better than the Broncos. I'm not being a homer -- the Broncos had the fourth best defense in the league last year and they made huge improvements to it.

There WR's are playing great, Lelie has really stepped up from last year and although the running game has been poor, it's not because of a lack of talent. They've played the best run defense in the league and a coach who has played against mike Shanahan just about twice every year of his career and got lit up by the Broncos running game last year -- that defense was determined to stop the run, and they did, hats off to them, Griffin had no holes.

Well, it is his opinion.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

I think it should be...

1. Patriots

2. Eagles

3. Broncos

stop being a homer...

Well, it is his opinion.

I understand that. I merely asked what he had seen out of the Ravens that would merritt them being higher than the Broncos. He's a smart individual and I'm sure he has good reasons for feeling that way. I didn't say anything other than defending the Broncos, and how I feel about them.

So don't worry about it, bud -- it's nothing and it doesn't concern you anyway.

IUe6Hvh.png

Guys, I may be a homer, but how the hell are the Pats not number one in any of these??? The haven't lost a game in a year!!!

As you may remember, I wasn't a big believer on how good the Patriots were last year as we had many discussions on the matter --

but I agree... the Patriots should be running away with all these lists.

IUe6Hvh.png

Guys, I may be a homer, but how the hell are the Pats not number one in any of these???  The haven't lost a game in a year!!!

As you may remember, I wasn't a big believer on how good the Patriots were last year as we had many discussions on the matter --

but I agree... the Patriots should be running away with all these lists.

Thank you, we agree. It's not that I don't think the Eagles aren't playing better, which they just might be, but the until the Pats lose, I dont know how they can't be one.

Archived