Joe Bosack is busy

jefrsn

no the CD looks like some kid could have drawn it in 2 days in my graphics class, I just think they could do better

I'm sure you could too, judging by the quality of your sig and avatar.... nice jaggies.

Bosack's been in the game a while, ace, and the proofs in the pudding when it comes to his track record.

While this isn't my favorite logo of his, there's still an inherent level of quality that any designer worth his weight in salt can see. To call it ameteurish is a pretty bold statement when you're talking about a cat as well respected as Joe. Get a clue, slick.

I'm actually gonna have to defend mac a bit here. He shouldn't have to judge this logo based on Joe's other logos. He should judge this logo on this logo. If he thinks it's amaturish, well, that's his opinion. Now, if he goes and says that Joe Bosack puts out all amaturish designs, it's still his opinion, but then there'd be a case to get on him a little.

As for him saying somebody else could have come up with this...maybe...

I'd have to say it isn't super special, but it's nice.

212.t.jpg

I'm not sure but looking at it, It looks like a proto-type helmet

The decal looks awfully small for that helmet - hopefully they'll use a bit larger logo. Also, I think the white helmet will look awkward with the dark uniforms since there will be very little white elsewhere on that particular uniform. If they were using white pants with the dark jerseys, it'd be a different story.

212.t.jpg

I'm not sure but looking at it, It looks like a proto-type helmet

Well, the Destroyers said that the new logo would be featured on White helmets with Blue facemasks. That's what I see in the photo. I don't see how the "real" helmet would be any less plain than this "proto-type" in the photo.

Like I said, I think they should have stuck with Blue helmets. The new White helmets just look... meh.

no the CD looks like some kid could have drawn it in 2 days in my graphics class, I just think they could do better

I'm sure you could too, judging by the quality of your sig and avatar.... nice jaggies.

Bosack's been in the game a while, ace, and the proofs in the pudding when it comes to his track record.

While this isn't my favorite logo of his, there's still an inherent level of quality that any designer worth his weight in salt can see. To call it ameteurish is a pretty bold statement when you're talking about a cat as well respected as Joe. Get a clue, slick.

I'm actually gonna have to defend mac a bit here. He shouldn't have to judge this logo based on Joe's other logos. He should judge this logo on this logo. If he thinks it's amaturish, well, that's his opinion. Now, if he goes and says that Joe Bosack puts out all amaturish designs, it's still his opinion, but then there'd be a case to get on him a little.

As for him saying somebody else could have come up with this...maybe...

I'd have to say it isn't super special, but it's nice.

All I'm saying is that there is a level of quality present in the construction of the logo, regardless if you like the composition or subject matter.

I'm not saying that he should like the logo because of what Joe has or has not done in the past. All I'm saying is that anyone who trully thinks that execution of the logo lacks professionalism has no business critiquing the graphic design of others. I'm all for opinions and personal preferences, but I can't imagine anyone who knows :censored: about :censored: comparing anything that Bosack does to something that "some kid could have drawn it in 2 days." I think he's off base and flat-out wrong.

Sorry if that sounds hard-edged or dismissive of others' opinions. I just don't think there is any room for debate in terms of the skill involved in putting this together.

My bad Avenger, I misinterpreted his criticism, or your criticism of him.

If you the subject is execution...well...it's hard to say the execution here is poor. The quality is great and everything is put together well.

If the subject is the concept of the design...well, I think that's debatable as to whether or not Joe did a great job here.

My bad Avenger, I misinterpreted his criticism, or your criticism of him.

If you the subject is execution...well...it's hard to say the execution here is poor. The quality is great and everything is put together well.

If the subject is the concept of the design...well, I think that's debatable as to whether or not Joe did a great job here.

No worries... And I'll agree that the overall concept of the logo isn't my favorite either. I will use Joe's history of great concepts to give him the benefit of the doubt, though. I think it's probably pretty possible that his hands might have been tied to a concept that might not have been the best of the proofs that he sent them. I could be wrong, but I would agree that his logos are generally more inspired than this one.

EDIT!!!!!!!

The link below I originally thought was the official design for the Destroyers, now it appears it may not be. I'm keeping the link for discussion purposes, but I wanted to make sure nobody was thrown off, the design below is, as far as I know now, not the official design for the Destroyers.

http://geocities.com/sidelineswebmaster/2005.jpg

that was a concept made by sidelines who is a frequent contributer to the Arena Football Message Board. Here is link you want:

http://geocities.com/sidelineswebmaster/destroyers2005.jpg

Archived