Joe Bosack is busy

jefrsn

I noticed on Joe Bosack's website that he updated his list of designs that are coming soon. He now shows not just Colgate University on the way, but also Norfolk State, Ripon College, Wofford College, Arena Bowl XIX and Columbus Destroyers to be on the way. I look forward to seeing these since all those colleges listed were in need of fresh designs. And from his past work, I'd say they are in good hands.

that's sort of cool, except it has nothing to do with destroyers and also looks kinda amatuerish.

Ameteurish? Really? :therock:

You're not mistaking the low quality of the TESS' images for ameteurism, are you?

no the CD looks like some kid could have drawn it in 2 days in my graphics class, I just think they could do better

dude you are always so negative, but i kinda agree the cd would better fit a team named the hurricanes or something. but im sure that he came up with something much cooler than that to only have the team choose this logo over it.

no the CD looks like some kid could have drawn it in 2 days in my graphics class, I just think they could do better

I'm sure you could too, judging by the quality of your sig and avatar.... nice jaggies.

Bosack's been in the game a while, ace, and the proofs in the pudding when it comes to his track record.

While this isn't my favorite logo of his, there's still an inherent level of quality that any designer worth his weight in salt can see. To call it ameteurish is a pretty bold statement when you're talking about a cat as well respected as Joe. Get a clue, slick.

• 1 month later...

It's simple, sharp, and very very clever. While it isn't the most fancy, I think this is everything you'd want in a logo. It isn't easy to pull off letters or initials into an effective logo, but this one hits the mark. I wish I could make simple work this well sometimes :(

EDIT!!!!!!!

The link below I originally thought was the official design for the Destroyers, now it appears it may not be. I'm keeping the link for discussion purposes, but I wanted to make sure nobody was thrown off, the design below is, as far as I know now, not the official design for the Destroyers.

http://geocities.com/sidelineswebmaster/2005.jpg

Archived