Salem Avalanche lookin' like the Colorado Avs

Blackjack76

I'm not from Salem, but what's with the "wood" visual? Is woodwork a major characteristic/job for the people of Salem?

I'd be intrigued to see if anyone has a snowman design that could work for the Salem Avalanche....I wonder where these designers could be.....

(Oh, and the first thing that popped in my head was the old Quebec Rafaels "surfing snowman" logo.)

Cards.png

It's an alright logo, but does anyone else think that has "paint" written all over it?

Yep, none of the curves are at all smooth and actually, the fact that it's on the black background reminds me of Steve-O's work.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm not from Salem, but what's with the "wood" visual? Is woodwork a major characteristic/job for the people of Salem?

I'd be intrigued to see if anyone has a snowman design that could work for the Salem Avalanche....I wonder where these designers could be.....

(Oh, and the first thing that popped in my head was the old Quebec Rafaels "surfing snowman" logo.)

I live 2 miles from salem's stadium and wood is not a major factor here in town. A meat, brick and tire company and the fact salem hosts just about every ncaa division III championship sport known is the claim to fame here. As soon as I get pictures and or watch the news i will give you more detail on what the new unis look like.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

It's an alright logo, but does anyone else think that has "paint" written all over it?

Yep, none of the curves are at all smooth and actually, the fact that it's on the black background reminds me of Steve-O's work.

Maybe it is Steve-O's work... :grin:

Not a chance. One of the outlines is a consistent width.

Steve-O can't do that, not even in Illustrator. :P

Not a chance. One of the outlines is a consistent width.

Steve-O can't do that, not even in Illustrator, yet. :P

That is a true story. It most definitely is not mine. I would of had some sort of animal thing. I mean, it's all I am decent at! :D

Is it Steve-O's work, Steve-O? Sure as hell looks like it.

IUe6Hvh.png

It most definitely is not mine. I would of had some sort of animal thing. I mean, it's all I am decent at! :D

Actually, your Poison Frogs logo is proof that you're getting pretty good at it.

I think Joe Bosack said somewhere that he draws mean-looking animals for a living, so you're in pretty decent company, Steve-O. :grin:

I don't know maybe Salem, The Movie "Salem's Lot" and the whole vampire thing led them to make the "A" out of wood. That's my guess.

Archived