Lakeland ThunderBolts, N I F L

Lee.

Have you looked at the others?

From a purely technical design standpoint, it's pretty solid. No inconsisticancies to speak of. The outlines are almost completely consistant. There are no fades. There are no out of place drop shadows.

All that said, it's not the greatest piece of art.

From a purely technical design standpoint, it's pretty solid. No inconsisticancies to speak of. The outlines are almost completely consistant.

...and yet, the glaring inconsistency of the outline of the lightning bolt 'horns' and the rest of the logo jumped out at me right away.

Yipe indeed Lamicus, yipe indeed.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

From a purely technical design standpoint, it's pretty solid. No inconsisticancies to speak of. The outlines are almost completely consistant.

...and yet, the glaring inconsistency of the outline of the lightning bolt 'horns' and the rest of the logo jumped out at me right away.

Yipe indeed Lamicus, yipe indeed.

I do agree with that, it stood out to me, I just think all things considered, it's minor. Considering how much better this is from a technical stand point then most in that league...well...I don't know...

The logo is actually that to resemble Thor, the Viking God of thunder. BTW, IMHO it does not B, B, S and/or S at the same time.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I'll grant that the majority of the NIFL's member teams have hideous logos. Even taking that into consideration, I don't know that the Lakeland Thunderbolts' logo qualifies as being "much better" from a technical stand-point than most logos in the league.

IMHO, Billings, Black Hills, Dayton, Carolina, Everett and Lexington all have logos that are vastly superior to Lakeland's in terms of the quality of design and execution. Fort Wayne, Omaha, Tupelo, Wyoming, Evansville and Sioux City have logos/identities that leave a bit to be desired, but - that said - the logos are still fairly well-rendered from a design stand-point. Sioux Falls and Tri-City fall into the "meh" category.

As for Atlantic City, Beaumont, Houma Bay, Lake Charles, Lincoln, New Jersey, Ohio Valley, Show Me, Tri-Cities, Utah and Lakeland... I think that they're all miserable.

Archived