Sergei Zholtok dead

eddie010

That's really sad news about Zholtok. His condition seems very similar to another Boston athlete, Reggie Lewis. Lewis was also diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, and died after collapsing in a pickup basketball game.

Did Pete Maravich have the same thing? I know he died of a heart attack during a pickup basketball game too.

I think Pete had the same problem... I read a quote of his from the early 70s saying he didn't want to die of a heart attack playing basketball when he's 40 or something like that.

Now that's foreshadowing!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Post #1996

Can you make a Preds one? That was his last team.

Here it is:

Guys please make sure you save to your own space. I don't have a ton of space on my AOL folder.

Post #1997

Thanks. You can take it down now if you need to save bandwidth.

This is in no way meant to degrade him because he was obviously a great person and a great player, but as these type of problems/deaths seem to be more common, could they be side effects of steroids?

Well, at 6' 1" - 195 lbs. Sergei certainly wasn't 'bulked up' in any way, so I more than seriously doubt that would be an issue in this case. You would certainly think that will all the testing he underwent at the Mayo Clinic earlier that would have been brought to light if it were the case.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Let me just add a little more about Sudden Cartiac Death. SCD occurs for the most part in adults in the mid-30's to mid-40's, and has been attributed to 250,000 deaths in America each year. I am not sure this a case of it happening with more frequency, it is like so many other things, who it has been affecting, ie. celebrities. You are not going to hear on the news of 249,999 Joe Blow's who die from this mysterious affliction.

Truly sad.

I sent a trading card of him to his house in Minnesota on October 19th. Haven't gotten it back yet, but I'm if I do, I'll hold it dearly.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived