Nashville Kats unveil helmets and uniforms...

Brian in Boston

The Nashville Kats have unveiled the helmets and road jerseys that they'll wear in their return to the Arena Football League, as well as having provided fans with a description of the home jerseys and pants that the team will sport.

The Kats' helmets are similar to those worn by their sister-franchise, the Tennesse Titans. The helmet is White, and features a Navy Blue facemask and two Navy Blue stripes (as opposed to twin tapering Navy Blue triangular stripes). The team's primary logo, which features a cartoon cat brandishing a guitar and football, as well as the "KATS" wordmark, appears on both sides of the helmet.

http://kats.allmediadg.com/wpimages/tim.jpg

As for the uniforms, the home jersey is described as being Columbia Blue throughout the torso, with Navy Blue shoulders and a Navy Blue collar. There is a stylized Red insert on the end of each sleeve, as well as a Red stripe running down each side gusset of the jersey, from the underarm area to the hem. The numbers are White, reportedly trimmed in Red. The home pants are Navy Blue with a Red stripe running down the side of each leg.

The road jerseys have a White torso, with Navy Blue shoulders and a Columbia Blue collar. There is a stylized Red insert on the end of each sleeve, as well as a Red stripe running down each side gusset of the jersey, from the underarm area to the hem. The numbers are Columbia Blue, trimmed in Red. The road pants are White with a Red stripe running down the side of each leg.

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/localspor...ent_ID=60765729

http://www.katsonline.com/fpnews/images/mcgraw.jpg

Those uniforms looks like some horrible hybrid between the Bills current road jerseys and the Houston Oilers road jerseys. <_<

My thoughts exactly, but these might actually look good. Unlike the Bills uniforms, the Kats side panels on the jerseys will match the stripes on the pants (which makes a huge difference, to me at least). Plus the shoulder block extends all the way to the end of sleeves with the "stylized Red insert" tying it in with the rest of the uniform. They don't look so bad, but I'll wait until I see the whole package before I go any furthur.

The Kats' helmets are similar to those worn by their sister-franchise, the Tennesse Titans. The helmet is White, and features a Navy Blue facemask and two Navy Blue stripes (as opposed to twin tapering Navy Blue triangular stripes).

BiB - I was of the impression that the helmet stripes would be the same as the Titans. In fact, I think they look that way in the picture. Did you get this wording from somewhere, or is it speculation?

It's where I sit.

BiB - I was of the impression that the helmet stripes would be the same as the Titans. In fact, I think they look that way in the picture. Did you get this wording from somewhere, or is it speculation?

I'm going off of the wording of the piece in The Tennessean:

The helmets will be white with twin navy blue stripes - similar to the Titans - with the Kats logo.

Perhaps I'm allowing my preference for a precise use of language to influence me, but I don't regard "similar" as being the "same". We'll see.

I really like the helmets, but with so little red on them it just seems strange to have so much red on the jersey - and, from the description, the pants as well. I think they could've done without the red gusset just fine. I'll have to see how they look on the field.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

BiB - I was of the impression that the helmet stripes would be the same as the Titans.  In fact, I think they look that way in the picture.  Did you get this wording from somewhere, or is it speculation?

I'm going off of the wording of the piece in The Tennessean:

The helmets will be white with twin navy blue stripes - similar to the Titans - with the Kats logo.

Perhaps I'm allowing my preference for a precise use of language to influence me, but I don't regard "similar" as being the "same". We'll see.

Good point. If the old saying is true that newspapers are written to a 4th grade level, I'd bet you're being too literal. I missed that wording in my reading of it.

I'm guessing "similar" means in terms of evertying but the logo.

ALong the lines of colors, I don't think there's any navy in the logo (just thought of the ball stripe - oops), yet that will be the color of the stripes and mask.

It's where I sit.

ALong the lines of colors, I don't think there's any navy in the logo (just thought of the ball stripe - oops), yet that will be the color of the stripes and mask.

Actually, in addition to the stripe on the AFL football that the mascot is tossing in the air, the mascot's jacket and all of the darker detailing in the Kats' logo are rendered in Navy Blue.

Archived