Non BCS Bowls

JamesCraven

Here's the list of non-BCS Bowls, compiled in chronological order.

• Wyndham New Orleans - North Texas vs. Southern Mississippi.
  • Champs Sports Tangerine - Syracuse* vs. Georgia Tech.
  • GMAC - Bowling Green vs. Memphis.
  • Plains Capital Fort Worth - Marshall* vs. Cincinnati.
  • Pioneer Pure Vision Las Vegas - Wyoming vs. UCLA.
  • Sheraton Hawai'i - Hawai'i vs. Alabama at Birmingham.
  • MPC Computers - Fresno State vs. Virginia.
  • Motor City - Toledo vs. UConn.*
  • Independence - Iowa State vs. Miami (OH).*
  • Insight - Oregon State vs Notre Dame.
  • EV1.net Houston - Colorado vs. Texas-El Paso.*
  • Master Card Alamo - Oklahoma State vs. The Ohio State University.
  • Continential Tire - Boston College vs. North Carolina.
  • Emerald (Nuts) - New Mexico vs. U. S. Naval Academy.*
  • Pacific Life Holiday - Texas Tech vs. Cal-Berkley.
  • Silicon Valley Classic - Northern Illinois* vs. Troy.#
  • Gaylord Hotels Music City presented by Bridgestone Tires- Alabama vs. Minnesota.
  • Vitalis Sun - Purdue vs. Arizona State.
  • AutoZone Liberty benefitting St. Jude's Childrens' Hospital - Lousiville (C-USA Champion) vs. Boise State.+
  • Chick-Fil-A Peach - Miami (FL) vs. Florida.
  • Outback - Wisconsin vs. Georgia.
  • SBC Cotton - Tennessee vs Texas A&M.
  • Toyota Gator - West Virginia vs. Florida State.
  • Capital One - Louisiana State vs. Iowa.

+ - MWC Champion Utah will wind up in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl as they are in the top six of the BCS rankings.

*-Originally, the Pac 10, who held the 6th (Emerald [Nuts]) and 7th (Silicon Valley) will not have seven teams "bowl eligible" this season. As a result, the Emerald (Nuts) Bowl has invited Navy. The MAC will replace the Pac-10 for the 2004 edition of the Silicon Valley Classic and the SEC for the Independence Bowl. With Cal-Berkley getting a berth in the Rose Bpwl Game presented by citi, the Pioneer PureVision Las Vegas Bowl opened up to an at-large bid for Syracuse. The SEC, Big Ten and Big XII have all fallen short of their required number of teams (seven for the Big Ten, eight for the Big XII and SEC) for bowl eligibility, with the SEC's due to South Carolina's self-imposed punishment of not accepting any bowl bid along with Clemson as a result of their brawl 11/20 and Arkansas' loss to LSU 11/26, the Big XII with Nebraska falling to Colorado 11/26, ending a thirty-five year bowl streak and leading the chorus of Frank Solitch fans screaming "I TOLD YOU SO!" with Solich laughing at the Husker Nation, and the Big Ten falling short with Northwestern losing to Hawai'i 11/27.

# - The WAC had held this spot for one of their teams, but two of the three of those originally eligible (Boise State and Texas-El Paso) went to other bowls.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

"Pacific Life Holiday - Big XII vs. Pac 10.

"I pick Texas as the Big XII representative. They seem to love San Diego for some reason."

Which is why Mack Brown has been Bob Stoops' beyotch these last few years, and could be fired soon, because the Horns get beaten by Oklahoma the last five years. (I know I'm gonna get $#!+ from the Longhorn Nation for that, but it's the truth.)

Looks like my Huskies will be shut out of a bowl again this season, seeing as how there's only two places for them to go (and only one if ND becomes bowl-eligible).

Which ACC team would get in the Continental Tire Bowl? Third place? Fourth?

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Actually, I don't think the Longhorns will be playing in San Diego in the Holiday Bowl, this year.

They're #6 in the BCS and as long as they don't lose, they're looking good for an At Large bid into a BCS bowl.

I think it will be USC vs. Auburn (I believe they will jump Oklahoma, whether Oklahoma wins out or not) in the Orange Bowl, so I think that means California will probably be in the Rose Bowl against Wisconsin, and that would make Texas the top team not recieving an automatic bid. Correct?

IUe6Hvh.png

Looks like my Huskies will be shut out of a bowl again this season, seeing as how there's only two places for them to go (and only one if ND becomes bowl-eligible).

Nay, nay. It's quite possible that the Big XII will be unable to fill all 8 of its bowl slots. Same for the Big 10 and Pac 10. UConn should get a bowl spot and some projections even have some extra MAC and Sun Belt teams getting into minor bowls to fill unused slots. Go to this site for a weekly-updated set of bowl projections.

Arizona State will be in the Holiday Bowl playing Texas, will be a great game

Except that Texas has a good following and is in great position for an At Large bid.

I don't think they will, I think they will lose to Texas A&M in the final week

Arizona State will be in the Holiday Bowl playing Texas, will be a great game

Except that Texas has a good following and is in great position for an At Large bid.

I don't think they will, I think they will lose to Texas A&M in the final week

A&M will be playing with some emotion that game. It will be the 5th anniversary of the bonfire accident.

This will happen, yhollander my friend:

Excited

Navy fans will be at the

Emerald

(Nuts) Bowl.

And, for Los Lobos fans...

Enchanted

New Mexico boosters will be at the

Emerald

(Nuts) Bowl.

I know some of us did that on the Modesto baseball franchise name change thread, but it's no longer the Diamond Walnut Bowl at SBC Park, folks, I just couldn't resist. There are Navy facilities in the Bay Area from what we understand, so a lot of them may be at the Emerald (Nuts) Bowl. And I also happen to be an equal-opportunity poster and member of the FDIC.

I have updated the first post as to the changes with the Pacific Ten, the SEC, the Big Ten and the Big XII, along with the self-imposed punishments of both Clemson and South Carolina as a result of their brawl November 20th.

Only five teams from the Pac-10 (SoCal, now bound for the FedEx Orange Bowl and a chance at the BCS National Championship, Cal-Berkley, Arizona State, UCLA and Oregon State) are eligiable for bowl berths. Because of that, the Emerald (Nuts) Bowl and the Silicon Valley Classic have made alternate plans, with the Silicon Valley Classic taking a team from the MAC (where the seventh Pac-10 team would have gone), and the Emerald (Nuts) Bowl taking Navy (the Pac-10's sixth slot). Cal-Berkley, who is all put in the Rose Bowl, opens the fifth Pac-10 slot for Syracuse to be in the Pioneer PureVision Las Vegas Bowl. Others that now have chosen to fill teams in slots that would have gone to conference tie-ins are the Plains Capital Fort Worth Bowl (the eighth slot for the Big XII, which went to Marshall), the Independence Bowl (an SEC spot to a MAC team), the Motor City Bowl (with UConn taking the Big Ten's seventh slot) and the EV1.net Houston Bowl (which took the WAC's Texas El-Paso).

As pointed out, the MAC has been the beneficiary of these shortcomings in the major conferences. Two slots have been taken up by the GMAC and Motor City, as they have been. The Silicon Valley Classic and Independence Bowl were been added to that list, and six teams have bowl eligible records. For more, please refer to the lower post for those details.

The only way Texas will make a BCS bowl game is if Utah loses. Since the Utes probably will crack the top 6 when the BCS rankings are released tomorrow. I think they'll stay there, thus they'll be chosen for either the Fiesta, Sugar or Rose Bowl.

Texas was already ahead of Utah in the latest standings. Why would Utah jump over them if they both continue to win? If anything, they should both be in the top 6 tomorrow with Wisconsin losing yesterday.

Well, with this edit, I officially announce that Akron, with a 7-4 record, is odd man out. They beat Marshall, but the screws went against them. Honestly, they were a better team, even though they lost to Penn State.

"Second, Alabama is still under the postseason ban handed out two years ago so they are not bowl eligible."

First of all, OMMF, thanks for the spell check, and second, the bowl ban ended this year for the Tide.

Conference USA- Cincinnati struggled at the begining of the season but have all of a suddon bounced back beating Southern Miss, and Memphis. I think the Cats can beat South Florida, and Im hoping we can upset Louisville. If so my guess is the Cats will be in the Plains Capital Fort Worth Bowl.

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived