AFL Sydney

rmered

afl2.png

Here is my offer at this project. As one can see, there are two distinct options Sydney AFL can utilize, possibly even combining some of the A or B logos. The A options feature the Sydney AFL ball sillouette as well as an originally drawn script. The logos emphasize power, strength, and a sense of athletic poise. As for the option B logos, they feature the sillouette of the sydney opera house with a Sydney AFL ball in the foreground, and in the case of the primary, the wordmark as well. As with option A's logos, option B's reflect the relation to sydney as well as the power of football. If Sydney AFL would like any alterations or have any comments or critiques I am more than happy to see what I can do.

www.skyedesignstudios.com

Donovan, the player in those logos is holding the ball like a rugby player throwing a pass rather than an AFL player, because in AFL they don't pass like in rugby.

You'd be better getting a player holding the ball to kick, a bit like an NFL/CFL punter.

liverpool-1.png

Most League logos focus on the sport not on the location. So I went that route.

Sydney (and all of NSW generally) is a bit of a conundrum when it comes to selling the game of Aussie Rules.

On the one hand, it is a traditional rugby stronghold (with Queensland) and AR is still not the dominant code even if it is making inroads. So there is definitely an argument for promoting the game over the locale.

At the same time...the Swans do have a very high profile and it's not like the city is completely ignorant of the game's existence. Positioning the brand to focus on the game's dedication to Sydney might also work, if it were to convince people to break the stereotype of AR as a sport for other states.

(and I will third the "too rugby" comment... definitely need to distance the codes from one another.)

These guys are going to wet themselves.

I used to do some work with the AFL Sydney when I lived there.

They will be expecting some Paintbrush junk and they've got quality that is beyond their standing.

(Even if some North Americans went for a more rugby look, the designs are of far higher quality than they would have expected.)

PS Let's see them give this to one of their mates with a design that looks like school kids put it together.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

PS Let's see them give this to one of their mates with a design that looks like school kids put it together.

Exactly. There are 3 designs in this thread that are head and shoulders above every other 2nd tier football league logo in the country, but for some reason I just can't see any of them being chosen over the CEO's 10-year-old nephew.

• 1 month later...

Why does the Sydney Opera House have to be on every freaking Sydney logo? Obviously when you think of Sydney you think of the Sydney Opera House but these logo's are starting to lose their originality. I do like the Opera House meshed into the football though!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Thanks, bs2282, i was going for a nice, simple logo that conveyed the subject, a football league in sydney. thanks for the compliment.

Well you did an awesome job! I mean if you were to cut off the lower part of the football it would look exactly like the Sydney Opera House. Excellent design!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived